Three with the K-3
Posted 26/11/2013 - 13:17
Link
bettyswolloks wrote:
Hi Chris / DazQuote:
I'm sorry, but how?
...The dynamic range it shows, from black to slightly blown out, showing all 14 stops..I'm sorry, but how?
I don't want to get involved in any arguments about the dynamic range of the K-3!! However, I can confirm a few things:
- There are no blown out areas on the dog image in the original file, I have adjusted the levels and possibly gone a bit too far on the whites! The metering on the K-3 is better than the K-5iis and it does its best to avoid blown highlights (quite successfully from what I've experienced so far)
- I can't notice much difference in the dynamic range of the K-3 compared to the K-5iis, there might be a small technical difference but I haven't noticed it in any of the shots I've taken yet. The K-3 still records a lot of shadow detail in a relatively noise free way
- The noise levels on the K-3 files compared to the K-5iis do not concern me at all. As has been pointed out by others, they may be more relevant to some shooters than they are to me but I am very happy with the K-3's image quality so far
My reason for buying a K-3 was that I need (want?) two camera bodies and was not happy with my K-5 mk 1 due to focussing issues. The logical choice for me was to buy a K-3 rather than another K-5iis (which I am very happy with) and I don't have any regrets! I do find it quite interesting reading what other people think though!
Regards
David
Posted 26/11/2013 - 13:20
Link
The metering is vastly improved as far as Pentax go.
That statement is based on direct comparison with Nikon metering.
The K3 is up there with the top few.
Best regards
That statement is based on direct comparison with Nikon metering.
The K3 is up there with the top few.
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 26/11/2013 - 14:41
Link
My wife says " NO more spending on cameras" but sometimes I get a lot FREE ----------
Been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED?
Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1597 posts
20 years
Pentaxia
I'm sorry, but how?