On the ground with the K3

matwhittington
Posted 20/11/2013 - 22:35 Link
Hello all. I haven't posted any pics for a little while, although have been (slightly) obsessed recently with taking pictures of the autumnal carpet on the ground, and graffiti… I thought I would post a handful of pics of some of the autumnal ones. They were all taken in either my garden or Richmond Park, with the shiny new K3 and a couple of macro lenses (35 and 100mm) and a spot of flash. They're not quite going to set the world on fire, but I do like this time of year with the colours and textures…

1.

Comment Image


2.

Comment Image


3.

Comment Image


4.

Comment Image


5.

Comment Image


6.

Comment Image


I hope you like these; they have all been pp'd a bit, although on my flickr stream there are few more shots, and some which are a little more 'au natural' (and indeed black and white) if anyone wants to take look (the graffiti ones are there too ).

Cheers
Mat W

My Flickr: link
tyronet2000
Posted 20/11/2013 - 22:38 Link
A nice set and I like the textures of the leaves.
Regards
Stan

PPG
snappychappy
Posted 20/11/2013 - 22:51 Link
Beautiful sharpnes and details there, love the rich colors in them particularly in 4 and 5.
major
Posted 20/11/2013 - 22:59 Link
A joy to look at!
Posted 20/11/2013 - 23:06 Link
love em
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/
davidstorm
Posted 20/11/2013 - 23:55 Link
Excellent Mat, these show off the resolution of the K3 very nicely indeed. It's very difficult to pick a favourite, but 2, 3 and 4 are the best for me. I think 1 needs a bit more detail in the shadows and 6 looks a bit too dark overall.

Thanks for posting these, I do think there is mounting evidence that the K-3 was worth the wait.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Edited by davidstorm: 20/11/2013 - 23:56
johnriley
Posted 21/11/2013 - 00:11 Link
I think those are outstanding. Superb shots, love the rich, dark tones and the sharpness.
Best regards, John
redbusa99
Posted 21/11/2013 - 00:38 Link
would make great coaster mats for the hot toddie, lovely rich autumnal colours.
odd lens or 2

Flickr
michaelblue
Posted 21/11/2013 - 14:59 Link
Very nice shots,
I particularly like no.5, super detail and wonderful composition.

Regards,
Michael
matwhittington
Posted 21/11/2013 - 20:37 Link
Thanks very much for the comments all; much appreciated. Yes I certainly don't think the K3 is lacking in the resolution department, although the macro lenses and flash probably helped the sharpness too… hoping for some bright weather this weekend to test drive some longer lenses

Cheers
Mat W

My Flickr: link
techno-terminator
Posted 21/11/2013 - 22:11 Link
I prefer the second shot - the red of the leaf is so rich , as it is on top of the deeper colours of the ground and nuts.
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
matwhittington
Posted 26/11/2013 - 20:28 Link
Thanks Techno'
Mat W

My Flickr: link
DrOrloff
Posted 26/11/2013 - 20:34 Link
I like the dark look and rich tones, of those above my preference is 3. I've seen these shots and the graffiti ones on your photostream, the graffiti ones in particular got me thinking. Less could be more to be honest on the numbers, may favourite in the series is none of the above rather this.
Stuey
Posted 26/11/2013 - 20:45 Link
I like these
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
bjolester
Posted 26/11/2013 - 20:52 Link
Great set. I especially appreciate the dark deep colours.

Bjørn
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo