On the ground with the K3

matwhittington

Link Posted 20/11/2013 - 22:35
Hello all. I haven't posted any pics for a little while, although have been (slightly) obsessed recently with taking pictures of the autumnal carpet on the ground, and graffiti… I thought I would post a handful of pics of some of the autumnal ones. They were all taken in either my garden or Richmond Park, with the shiny new K3 and a couple of macro lenses (35 and 100mm) and a spot of flash. They're not quite going to set the world on fire, but I do like this time of year with the colours and textures…

I hope you like these; they have all been pp'd a bit, although on my flickr stream there are few more shots, and some which are a little more 'au natural' (and indeed black and white) if anyone wants to take look (the graffiti ones are there too ).

Cheers
Mat W

My Flickr: link

tyronet2000

Link Posted 20/11/2013 - 22:38
A nice set and I like the textures of the leaves.
Regards
Stan

PPG

snappychappy

Link Posted 20/11/2013 - 22:51
Beautiful sharpnes and details there, love the rich colors in them particularly in 4 and 5.
My piccies.

major

Link Posted 20/11/2013 - 22:59
A joy to look at!

QuestionableCarrot

Link Posted 20/11/2013 - 23:06
love em
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/

davidstorm

Link Posted 20/11/2013 - 23:55
Excellent Mat, these show off the resolution of the K3 very nicely indeed. It's very difficult to pick a favourite, but 2, 3 and 4 are the best for me. I think 1 needs a bit more detail in the shadows and 6 looks a bit too dark overall.

Thanks for posting these, I do think there is mounting evidence that the K-3 was worth the wait.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Last Edited by davidstorm on 20/11/2013 - 23:56

johnriley

Link Posted 21/11/2013 - 00:11
I think those are outstanding. Superb shots, love the rich, dark tones and the sharpness.
Best regards, John

redbusa99

Link Posted 21/11/2013 - 00:38
would make great coaster mats for the hot toddie, lovely rich autumnal colours.
K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

michaelblue

Link Posted 21/11/2013 - 14:59
Very nice shots,
I particularly like no.5, super detail and wonderful composition.

Regards,
Michael
My new website:link

matwhittington

Link Posted 21/11/2013 - 20:37
Thanks very much for the comments all; much appreciated. Yes I certainly don't think the K3 is lacking in the resolution department, although the macro lenses and flash probably helped the sharpness too… hoping for some bright weather this weekend to test drive some longer lenses

Cheers
Mat W

techno-terminator

Link Posted 21/11/2013 - 22:11
I prefer the second shot - the red of the leaf is so rich , as it is on top of the deeper colours of the ground and nuts.
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

matwhittington

Link Posted 26/11/2013 - 20:28
Thanks Techno'
Mat W

DrOrloff

Link Posted 26/11/2013 - 20:34
I like the dark look and rich tones, of those above my preference is 3. I've seen these shots and the graffiti ones on your photostream, the graffiti ones in particular got me thinking. Less could be more to be honest on the numbers, may favourite in the series is none of the above rather this.
You can see some of my photos here if you are so inclined

Stuey

Link Posted 26/11/2013 - 20:45
I like these
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

bjolester

Link Posted 26/11/2013 - 20:52
Great set. I especially appreciate the dark deep colours.

Bjørn
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.