#TheatresInDanger Book

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 14/12/2020 - 23:33
Ah thanks Nigel, David and John... very much appreciated...

David, yes, great, the streaming/on demand thing is how quite a few theatres are getting around it this year... as you say, would be great to be there in person, but if that's not possible (and it's not going to be most places by the looks of things), then it's definitely worth doing...

John, yes, was printing all the labels/sending out emails today... will be putting everything together tomorrow (Tuesday), and down to the Post Office Wednesday... exciting times...

Thanks again all...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

RobL

Link Posted 15/12/2020 - 21:50
Hi Bill, I am a bit late to this party but have just placed my order! Looking forward to it.

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 17/12/2020 - 12:29
Thanks Rob...

All out in the first class post to you all! Signed (I think I've managed to match the real life names and addresses - do let me know if I haven't), sealed, and on their way...

Thanks again...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

pschlute

Link Posted 17/12/2020 - 20:11
Thank you Bill
Peter

My Flickr page

johnriley

Link Posted 18/12/2020 - 14:48
Book received safely today, many thanks Bill.

The images are positively sumptuous; I just love those magnificent theatres!
Best regards, John

Lubbyman

Link Posted 18/12/2020 - 16:47
And another one has landed.

An excellent book, Bill. When it eventually finds itself on a shelf with the other photographic books, it will be a worthy neighbour for Ansel Adams, Joe Cornish, Paul Strand and the rest.

Steve

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 19/12/2020 - 23:39
Mine has landed "up North".

Thank you for taking the time to sign it Bill. Mrs LTL loves the book and I'm sure I'll be allowed to read it later

All the best with the support for the Theatres Trust and here's hoping for better prospects in 2021.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 20/12/2020 - 00:17
Mine came today, (lovingly packed, thank you). It's a wonderful record and I hope they survive the crisis.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

pschlute

Link Posted 21/12/2020 - 13:12
Arrived safely. Thanks Bill, what a splendid book
Peter

My Flickr page

LennyBloke

Link Posted 21/12/2020 - 14:00
My copy arrived this morning too

Lovely Book, Nicely done with superb images and in aid of a cause that is in much need of support. My wife and I have enjoyed many theatrical performances over the past few years at a superb theatre in our local town and have missed the whole evening out experience very much this year - so supporting the theatres through Bills work is a small gesture - Thank You Bill
LennyBloke

psburnley

Link Posted 21/12/2020 - 16:41
Bill, book arrived today but my wife took it away, still in its nice wrapper. It is a Christmas present for me so I will just have to wait. Thank you for your talent and for making the effort to produce something for a good cause and for me to keep.

My son bought us a theatre voucher last Christmas which of course is still unused.

I sing (very badly) in our Municipal choir and this was our centenary year. We had so much planned and I have missed the singing and fellowship immensely. If we manage to get together next year it will be an anticlimax and I suspect we will have several longstanding members who will not rejoin. This is a choir that has given several concerts every year come what may, including a World War.

Don't suggest to me that we accept a "new normal" and can watch theatre and concerts online. It doesn't cut the mustard.

Best wishes all.

Peter

davidwozhere

Link Posted 22/12/2020 - 00:38
No, I agree with you. It isn't a patch on the real thing Peter but those I referred to are not free. You pay for tickets and you thereby support the performers and the theaters concerned.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Nigelk

Link Posted 22/12/2020 - 09:04
Yay! Mine was waiting on the mat when I got home last night. Thank you so much Bill, a lovely idea and a lovely book.

womble

Link Posted 22/12/2020 - 17:45
Mine arrived this morning. Many thanks, great idea, lovely book and some really super images.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

K10D

Link Posted 23/12/2020 - 09:51
Mine finally arrived on Monday 21st due to the mail being slow (seven days for 1st class mail)!

Quality publication with outstanding images.

A credit to your skills Mr Ward.

Best regards
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.