Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Suggestions to Pentax

Don
Posted 26/04/2011 - 21:14 Link
Anvh wrote:
A wrieless flash system that can let you controll the output of the flash from the camera if the flash is set on manual. That would be so great for strobist photographers.

All pentax DSLR already have 4 channels, if it would use all channels you could controll 4 groups in total, more then enough for most.

I'd prefer if the manufacturers would adopt a common protocol standard... with bluetooth..
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Dangermouse
Posted 26/04/2011 - 23:25 Link
Regarding the MX/LX screens, IIRC LX screens in an MX will cause slight exposure errors, but MX screens are fine in an LX as it meters off the film rather than from the prism.

I'd like to see a wireless slave flash base able to operate any hotshoe or PC connected flash. Functionality would depend on what flash you attached but I'd expect it to support the older Pentax flash features such as Program Flash and the "ready" icon. Given the cameras already do this it surely wouldn't be that hard.
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Edited by Dangermouse: 26/04/2011 - 23:38
Anvh
Posted 27/04/2011 - 20:09 Link
Don wrote:
Anvh wrote:
A wrieless flash system that can let you controll the output of the flash from the camera if the flash is set on manual. That would be so great for strobist photographers.

All pentax DSLR already have 4 channels, if it would use all channels you could controll 4 groups in total, more then enough for most.

I'd prefer if the manufacturers would adopt a common protocol standard... with bluetooth..

Indeed but i would need to buy new flashes and a new camera... but it would be more future proof though!

And since many computers and smartphones has bleuthooth they should be able to make a "studio" program for it maybe
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Edited by Anvh: 27/04/2011 - 20:10
rgibbons
Posted 04/05/2011 - 18:05 Link
Feature request: (or F/W update). Long press (or double click) selects between live view and DOF preview, when the preview lever is activated. I used to enjoy using the depth of field preview; But when I got the K20D, I had to choose between live view or DOF preview. I don't like to be slowed to go through the menus to select which one to use, so I currently leave the menu setting for live view, and unscrew my lens slightly (to deactivate the iris diaphram lever) to get depth of field preview (dangerous, have to hold on to lens tightly incase it falls off). I think Pentax could easily fix this in F/W, if they realized some people would like both functions.

Russ G.
panonski
Posted 10/11/2015 - 11:57 Link
ASPECT RATIO SHIFTING IN MENU OF DSLR

4:3 AND 1:1 IS MUST HAVE
McGregNi
Posted 10/11/2015 - 13:16 Link
You could try cropping on a computer ...(but I've a sneaking suspicion you've been told that before somewhere else ... :wink
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
bforbes
Posted 10/11/2015 - 16:55 Link
panonski wrote:
ASPECT RATIO SHIFTING IN MENU OF DSLR

4:3 AND 1:1 IS MUST HAVE

I was surprised to find it on the K-01 the other day
Edited by bforbes: 10/11/2015 - 16:58
Horst
Posted 18/11/2015 - 13:34 Link
Enable the green button to instantly reset the +-exposure compensation.

Regards, Horst
Posted 22/11/2015 - 20:30 Link
Horst wrote:
Enable the green button to instantly reset the +-exposure compensation.

It aleady does and has for years.
Horst
Posted 22/11/2015 - 21:31 Link
Zekewhipper wrote:

Quote:

I had a look in the manual, but could not find it.

Would you be so kind and let me know , how to do it.

Regards, Horst
Posted 23/11/2015 - 23:40 Link
Horst wrote:
Zekewhipper wrote:

Quote:

I had a look in the manual, but could not find it.

Would you be so kind and let me know , how to do it.

Regards, Horst

Simply press the exposure compensation button (without any need to hold it down) and then the Green Button. For the Green Button to work, you have to first indicate to the camera what you want it to reset. It works the same way for ISO and hyper program/program shift.
Edited by Zekewhipper: 23/11/2015 - 23:58
Posted 23/11/2015 - 23:45 Link
I have also discovered a quick way to switch back and forth between histogram and no histogram without having to scroll through all the screen display types.
alfpics
Posted 24/11/2015 - 06:54 Link
Zekewhipper wrote:
I have also discovered a quick way to switch back and forth between histogram and no histogram without having to scroll through all the screen display types.

Care to share please? I would like to know that
Andy
Posted 03/12/2015 - 23:57 Link
alfpics wrote:
Zekewhipper wrote:

Sorry for the late response.
1) Bring up an image and, scroll thru the display options (INFO button) till the histogram shows up.
Now here is the short cut.
2) Simply press the OK button. The histogram will disappear but, the image will stay full-size. Then...
3) ...if you want to bring the histogram back up, simply press the INFO button again.

Just using those two buttons alternately allows you to switch back and forth between histogram and no histogram without having to scroll through all the screen display types.
alfpics
Posted 04/12/2015 - 08:47 Link
Zekewhipper wrote:
alfpics wrote:
Quote:

Sorry for the late response.
1) Bring up an image and, scroll thru the display options (INFO button) till the histogram shows up.
Now here is the short cut.
2) Simply press the OK button. The histogram will disappear but, the image will stay full-size. Then...
3) ...if you want to bring the histogram back up, simply press the INFO button again.

Just using those two buttons alternately allows you to switch back and forth between histogram and no histogram without having to scroll through all the screen display types.

Ah - excellent - just tried that - really useful. Thanks!
Andy

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.