Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

SRS - I love you :)

• Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Inappropriate posts
whelmed
Posted 03/04/2011 - 20:39 Link
I love SRS, and honestly can't say enough good things about them. I've got update my tag now to say a K-5 and a growing number of lenses! I've traded in my DA* 16-55mm lens towards one a new K-5 and am giddy with joy.

I've never been to a camera shop where the people were so nice and willing to help out in any way.

It's been such a lovely experience that I would pay a premium to use them over any other camera store! The great thing, though, is that they normally seem to be priced better than the competition.

As a side note, my gawd, the K-5 is a different league than the K10d! What an upgrade!
K-5; Siggy 10-20 f4, 30mm f1.4, 18-50mm f2.8, 70-200mm f2.8; Tammy 400mm f4, 500mm f8
giofi
Posted 03/04/2011 - 20:58 Link
Congratulations!

I guess you should update your signature....
nightjockey
Posted 03/04/2011 - 21:07 Link
Why update your tag/signature? Who gives a damn what equipment you have - the proof is in the picture.

It means nothing, proves nothing but says everything.
McBrian
Posted 03/04/2011 - 21:15 Link
nightjockey wrote:
Why update your tag/signature? Who gives a damn what equipment you have - the proof is in the picture.

Cracking first post, will remember it for ever
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
geordie01
Posted 03/04/2011 - 21:58 Link
McBrian wrote:
nightjockey wrote:

Cracking first post, will remember it for ever

You never get a second chance to make a first impression
must have had a bad hair day
Edited by geordie01: 03/04/2011 - 22:06
giofi
Posted 03/04/2011 - 22:03 Link
nightjockey wrote:

Bad week end?

Welcome to the forum anyway...
Belinda B.
Posted 03/04/2011 - 22:07 Link
nightjockey wrote:
............Who gives a damn what equipment you have............

This forum is all about providing friendly help and support etc. to fellow Pentax users and therefore what equipment people use is most definitely of interest to many, if not to you
Belinda B.
nightjockey
Posted 03/04/2011 - 22:41 Link
G
Belinda B. wrote:
nightjockey wrote:

This forum is all about providing friendly help and support etc. to fellow Pentax users and therefore what equipment people use is most definitely of interest to many, if not to you

The previous cheap shot about my baldness only shows ive hit a raw nerve.

My comment is an opinon so no apologies there. No one has understood the message though. I say the "proof is in the picture" and i'd be suprised if a photographer disagrees with this because the result is everything. The equipment can be shown in the exit/metadata or stated for a specific picture. Listing everthing in your camera bag simply amounts to bragging.

I'm sure what the value is when people state "too many lenses to mention" in their signature.

Just a thought.
Smeggypants
Posted 03/04/2011 - 22:56 Link
nightjockey wrote:
G
Belinda B. wrote:
Quote:

My comment is an opinon so no apologies there. No one has understood the message though. I say the "proof is in the picture" and i'd be suprised if a photographer disagrees with this because the result is everything. The equipment can be shown in the exit/metadata or stated for a specific picture. Listing everthing in your camera bag simply amounts to bragging.

Of course the proof is in the picture. I list most of my gear in my signature. I list it simply because along with my pictures ( which are also linked to in my signature ) it gives a picture of myself and my equipment. If you think that is bragging then that is your problem not mine. My self esteem is fully functional and I have no need to brag about anything.

Quote:

I'm sure what the value is when people state "too many lenses to mention" in their signature.

Just a thought.

Are you?

I have better things to do that analyse people's signatures. Some people have nothing in their signature, others list a lot of things. I make no judgement on them either way and frankly I couldn't care less.

Btw - I don't think geordie01 was making a cheap shot at your baldness. I thought he was talking about the bits at the side Comment Image

[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Edited by Smeggypants: 03/04/2011 - 23:20
greynolds999
Posted 03/04/2011 - 22:58 Link
Why on earth didn't you have a look around before coming out with such a pointless statement?

And we all understood exactly what you meant, but it was your tone which offended. The fact that you remain unapologetic makes me think that you have a habit of offending people.

I doubt we will have to put up with you for long.
michaelblue
Posted 04/04/2011 - 00:13 Link
nightjockey wrote:
G
Belinda B. wrote:
Quote:

Just a thought.

One of my favourite quotes:
"Empty heads have long tongues"
George Lazarette
Posted 04/04/2011 - 00:38 Link
I am going to defend Nightjockey.

He has a right to his opinions - however crass they may be, and however badly he may express them. And if I were going bald at such an early age, I should be sensitive too.

Indeed, the fact that he is sensitive about his own appearance whilst being insensitive to the effect his remarks have on others merely indicates (along with his poor grasp of written English) that his cranium is filled largely with concrete. This fact may also explain the follicle problem.

So we should feel sorry for the poor lad, instead of mocking him. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Edited by George Lazarette: 04/04/2011 - 00:39
Smeggypants
Posted 04/04/2011 - 01:56 Link
I'm ashamed of myself.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
pgweber
Posted 04/04/2011 - 03:02 Link
Dear Whelmed,

It is nice to hear that you had a pleasant buying experience (the like of which most of us have come to expect from you know who).

Also nice to hear that you are so excited by your new camera - enjoy it!

I am happy to read what kit people have as it may help others form opinions on future purchases or identify sources of advice.

Thanks to the previous posters, great fun!

Regards
Peter

Pentax K5
Pentax DA 18-55 Mk1, 50-200 (Samsung), 16-45, 55-300 Mk1, 35 f/2.4
Pentax MZ6 + FA28-90, FA50 f/1.4, M 50 f/1.7
Tamron 80-210mm & 28mm
johnriley
Posted 04/04/2011 - 09:08 Link
It is probably unwise to arrive in a new room full of people and start off aggressively.

But equally well let's not hound people over that or their opinions.

It's worth thinking about though, because any point there may have been has been lost because of the approach.
Best regards, John