Some recent macros


walt

Link Posted 11/05/2014 - 15:41
I've been trying out my new 55-300WR with my Raynox DCR-250. I've got to get used to it so that I can be ready for that special shot...!
All taken as said above, K-30 with in built flash and a interfit STR111 diffuser.






Walt
My newer photos google photos
My older Flickr photos Flickr
Even older ones Picasa
Last Edited by walt on 11/05/2014 - 15:42

AlJones2402

Link Posted 11/05/2014 - 16:03
These are excellent. Great depth and sharp.

Puggy

Link Posted 11/05/2014 - 16:04
They look special enough to me already

That diffuser seems to do a nice job, may I ask what kind of focal length you end up with with the Raynox? was thinking of adding one to my kit

Kind regards

Pete A
My Photos link
Me link

walt

Link Posted 11/05/2014 - 16:27
Rob2402 wrote:
These are excellent. Great depth and sharp.

Thanks
Walt
My newer photos google photos
My older Flickr photos Flickr
Even older ones Picasa

walt

Link Posted 11/05/2014 - 16:35
Puggy wrote:
They look special enough to me already

That diffuser seems to do a nice job, may I ask what kind of focal length you end up with with the Raynox? was thinking of adding one to my kit

Kind regards

Pete A

Thanks. The first 2 were at 230mm the last at 150mm, all at F/18 to try and get a reasonable depth. The lens is reasonably new to me and the bugs have only recently appeared so I haven't settled on a 'best' setting yet.
Walt
My newer photos google photos
My older Flickr photos Flickr
Even older ones Picasa

Northgrain

Link Posted 11/05/2014 - 17:59
Puggy wrote:
They look special enough to me already

+1

Terrific shots, particularly if merely 'sighters'!

I've got a raynox-150 somewhere in the depths of my camera cupboard, and these make me think I should strap it on to my 55-300 sometime and have a play
Tim

Some of my vaguely better stuff

walt

Link Posted 11/05/2014 - 21:27
Northgrain wrote:
Puggy wrote:
They look special enough to me already

+1

Terrific shots, particularly if merely 'sighters'!

I've got a raynox-150 somewhere in the depths of my camera cupboard, and these make me think I should strap it on to my 55-300 sometime and have a play

Thanks. I also use the raynox 150, but so far on this lens I've stuck to using the Raynox DCR-250 and another achromat lens a 58mm sigma close up lens which is a +1.6 dioptre. However I do also intend to tryout the 150 as they are such good quality the only drawback I'm expecting is some possible vignetting at some focal lengths.
Walt
My newer photos google photos
My older Flickr photos Flickr
Even older ones Picasa

Puggy

Link Posted 11/05/2014 - 21:40
I knew as soon as I'd hit post I'd worded that wrongly hehe. I meant to say focal distance i.e. how close is the end of the lens to the bugs nose? I asked as even with that diffuser I was surprised that the lens didn't cast a shadow.


I really want to save my pennies for a Q but the list of bits & pieces just keeps getting longer

Kind regards

Pete A
My Photos link
Me link

Mike-P

Link Posted 11/05/2014 - 21:49
Very nice, I have never tried my Raynox 250 on the 55-300mm so I will have to give it a go. The diffuser has done an excellent job as well.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

davidstorm

Link Posted 11/05/2014 - 22:19
These are really good, fantastic results from what is a consumer zoom lens. The lighting is also great, very even.

Regards
David
Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Stuey

Link Posted 11/05/2014 - 22:22
Wow
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

walt

Link Posted 11/05/2014 - 22:28
Puggy wrote:
I knew as soon as I'd hit post I'd worded that wrongly hehe. I meant to say focal distance i.e. how close is the end of the lens to the bugs nose? I asked as even with that diffuser I was surprised that the lens didn't cast a shadow.


I really want to save my pennies for a Q but the list of bits & pieces just keeps getting longer

Kind regards

Pete A

Ah, got you. About 5 inches. When gripping the lens I also pull the bottom of the diffuser back, so that the front of the diffuser is tipped over the front of the lens a bit. This helps to remove the shadow created by the lens.
Forgot to mention I don't use the lens hood.....
Walt
My newer photos google photos
My older Flickr photos Flickr
Even older ones Picasa
Last Edited by walt on 11/05/2014 - 22:33

walt

Link Posted 11/05/2014 - 22:32
Mike-P wrote:
Very nice, I have never tried my Raynox 250 on the 55-300mm so I will have to give it a go. The diffuser has done an excellent job as well.

Thanks. As my 55-300 has become my walk around wildlife lens and as I'm too lazy to carry my macro lens as well I'm glad that the Raynox has worked so well.... Otherwise my Tamron 70-300 might not have been retired....
Walt
My newer photos google photos
My older Flickr photos Flickr
Even older ones Picasa

walt

Link Posted 11/05/2014 - 22:34
davidstorm wrote:
These are really good, fantastic results from what is a consumer zoom lens. The lighting is also great, very even.

Regards
David

Thanks.
Walt
My newer photos google photos
My older Flickr photos Flickr
Even older ones Picasa

walt

Link Posted 11/05/2014 - 22:35
Stuey wrote:
Wow

Ta
Walt
My newer photos google photos
My older Flickr photos Flickr
Even older ones Picasa
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.