Rumours or fact?

Hardgravity

Link Posted 21/08/2010 - 15:07
Talking in a camera shop this morning I asked about any new Pentax bodies.

Apparently there's a mid range body to sit between the K-x and K7 and a new high spec model to sit above the K7. Both the K-x and K7 will remain in production giving Pentax a four, yes four, body range.

These are to be shown at photokina(?) and start appearing in late October.

The source is reliable, has any body any further info?
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 21/08/2010 - 15:33
That sounds in line with the more credible rumours. But I spoke to mifsuds this morning and the guy said he was having trouble getting hold of k-7s so that might mean they are scaling back production, or it might mean nothing at all!
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

Mike-P

Link Posted 21/08/2010 - 16:09
Hardgravity wrote:
Both the K-x and K7 will remain in production giving Pentax a four, yes four, body range.

5 if you count the 645D

Don't think we will be seeing a FF body this year though.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

Hardgravity

Link Posted 21/08/2010 - 16:24
Mike-P wrote:
Hardgravity wrote:
Both the K-x and K7 will remain in production giving Pentax a four, yes four, body range.

5 if you count the 645D

Don't think we will be seeing a FF body this year though.

I was only thinking of the K mount models Mike.

I'll admit to the error, though I don't know if we'll see the 645D in Europe soon.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Snootchies

Link Posted 21/08/2010 - 18:21
If true, this would be very welcome news.

I always thought the trio of the K20D, K200D and K-m was a great line-up at the time. This looks set to better it - a model pitched higher than the K-7 sounds fantastic; and would surely bring the price of the K-7 down to reasonable levels too. I still think for what it is, it's too expensive.
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link

MrCynical

Link Posted 21/08/2010 - 20:37
The midrange body is pretty close to being a fact (at least everyone talks about it as a definite). The higher-end body is perhaps less of a stick on - if it does happen, rumors are it'll be similar to the Canon 7D (ie 'APS-C Max') rather than full frame.

I agree that the K7 is too expensive compared to the competition - a few rubber weatherseals surely don't cost that much!

Gwyn

Link Posted 21/08/2010 - 20:44
I shall await Photokina and the details with anticipation.

I hope they do get the new models shipped soon afterwards, though knowing
Pentax I doubt it somehow. As long we don't have to wait months and months for them.
It would be nice if they launched in Europe fairly quickly, instead as last in line too.

My K20D goes to it's new home next Saturday.
Last Edited by Gwyn on 21/08/2010 - 20:45

Snootchies

Link Posted 21/08/2010 - 21:22
MrCynical wrote:
if it does happen, rumors are it'll be similar to the Canon 7D (ie 'APS-C Max') rather than full frame.

I'd be very happy with that prospect. I really can't justify upgrading my K20D for a K-7. Indeed, the features that interested me in the K-7 found their way into the K-x anyway.

If my main body was much older, then it would be a different story.

I know it's a controversial subject, and it's very unlikely.....but I'd love Pentax to announce a full frame body too.
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link
Last Edited by Snootchies on 21/08/2010 - 21:22

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 21/08/2010 - 21:24
K-7 prices are already coming down pretty quick. I'd say they're already quite reasonable to be honest. Having picked one up several times, it seems that you're getting more than a few weatherseals... they feel bombproof!

I wouldn't upgrade from K20D either Bob... but from a K200D I'm starting to get tempted. (The K-x would feel like a step backwards, no matter how great it is at ISO1600)...
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
Last Edited by Pentaxophile on 21/08/2010 - 21:25

mowog

Link Posted 21/08/2010 - 21:42
Nah, That's all a load of cobblers! - I know precisely what's going to happen. My spies, undercover within Hoya, tell me that; Next week, it will be announced at a press conference in Tokyo, that Pentax is to be sold to Kodak. At Photokina, a FF SLR, featuring a new Kodak made sensor will be announced. The new Pentax K1FF, will be priced at $899 US Dollars and will be released in the UK first. At the same time, a new range of prime AF lenses will be introduced, including a 35mm f2. 50mm f1.5 and a 20-600mm f4 Superzoom.
From next year, all Pentax badged SLRs will be Full frame and feature Kodak sensors. but two APS sized sensor SLRs will continue to be made and sold under the Kodak name. The Pentax name will be reserved for high end FF SLRs and the 645D line. There will also be an interchangeable lens mirrorless camera from Pentax. There will be no more compacts.
Yes... It's all true, I tell you!...

Well, alright, It's not. - But it should be!
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.

Mowog.
Last Edited by mowog on 21/08/2010 - 21:47

Don

Link Posted 21/08/2010 - 21:53
mowog wrote:
Nah, That's all a load of cobblers! - I know precisely what's going to happen. My spies, undercover within Hoya, tell me that; Next week, it will be announced at a press conference in Tokyo, that Pentax is to be sold to Kodak. At Photokina, a FF SLR, featuring a new Kodak made sensor will be announced. The new Pentax K1FF, will be priced at $899 US Dollars and will be released in the UK, first. At the same time, a new range of prime AF lenses will be introduced, including a 35mm f2. 50mm f1.5 and a 20-600mm f4 Superzoom.
From next year, all Pentax badged SLRs will be Full frame and feature Kodak sensors. but two APS sized sensor SLRs will continue to be made and sold under the Kodak name. The Pentax name will be reserved for high end FF SLRs and the 645D line. There will also be an interchangeable lens Mirrorless camera from Pentax.

That is the most believable rumor yet invented... lol!

My confidential source (an imaginary squirrel named Bippo) told me that Pentax plans to release an aps-h cam with ultra high sensitivey, low noise, and faster af/burst modes called PZ1D...

A kx with external mic jack faster af and faster burst mode called the kxII...

and an evil camera same guts as the samsung, but with built-in push button activated adaptor that uses the same kmount on it's new line of "Ultra compact" Evil lenses.... that is right, push a button and the mount pops up 12mm and accepts your old kmount lenses, with limitations, push the button (by the lensmount) and push the lens mount in 12 mm to fit the new "Evil only lenses" along with a 18-55 and 50-200 zooms based on the current lenses.... to be followed by a 22 mm pancake.

and they will anounce thier intention to release a 645d with video capability, world wide, late next year.

Yes, I'm drinking.....
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.

Anvh

Link Posted 21/08/2010 - 22:11
Didn't we had this rumour already a month or two back?
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

rparmar

Link Posted 21/08/2010 - 22:41
Since rumours feed people who repeat the rumours, the fact that two or more sources say the same thing is not significant.
Listen to my albums free on BandCamp. Or visit my main website for links to photography, etc.

Anvh

Link Posted 22/08/2010 - 00:42
rparmar wrote:
Since rumours feed people who repeat the rumours, the fact that two or more sources say the same thing is not significant.

I mean almost precisely the same on this site in one comment.
Edit: The same thread I mean.

https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/rumor-of-pentax-k5-----19700/p-0
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Last Edited by Anvh on 22/08/2010 - 00:45

Unlocker

Link Posted 22/08/2010 - 01:51
Hardgravity wrote:
Talking in a camera shop this morning I asked about any new Pentax bodies.

Apparently there's a mid range body to sit between the K-x and K7 and a new high spec model to sit above the K7. Both the K-x and K7 will remain in production giving Pentax a four, yes four, body range.

These are to be shown at photokina(?) and start appearing in late October.

The source is reliable, has any body any further info?

I would say that this is spot on.

WebsiteBlogGearTwitterFacebook
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.