Pick a date for the Scotland meet

Error
  • You need to be logged in to vote on this poll
Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. new thread started

Gwyn

Link Posted 16/01/2011 - 13:18
The ferry is booked so whether the meet goes ahead or not we have a week in the UK in April .

Oh to be in England (and Scotland) now that April's there .

techno-terminator

Link Posted 16/01/2011 - 20:15
And how the blazes are we going to recognise folk ?

I've met Ken [ Gartmore ] but I can see me looking for a duck with a camera round it's neck
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

Technoblurb

Link Posted 16/01/2011 - 20:21
Just look for a gaggle of people with Pentax cameras looking nervously at the floor, usually somewhere near the café.

Gwyn

Link Posted 16/01/2011 - 21:05
techno-terminator wrote:
And how the blazes are we going to recognise folk ?

I've met Ken [ Gartmore ] but I can see me looking for a duck with a camera round it's neck

That's me . I'll be waddling along .

I've been on forum walks with dog owners before now where we didn't know one another, and were surrounded by other dog owners with their pooches yet we managed to identify each other reasonably easy.

I doubt it will be very busy then - unless Scotland turns on the lights and the heat that day of course .

gartmore

Link Posted 17/01/2011 - 08:02
Everyone will be wearing their £1000+ Pentax User Forum member's badge around their neck.

I was in the park yesterday and it was seriously busy, particularly with dog walkers. Always a pain for me when I have the guide dog with me because there are so many distractions for him from people who don't keep their dogs under control. Funnily enough, the best behaved owners/dog were a couple of tough looking guys with a staffy with all that bondage gear on (the dog that is not the owners):
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Gwyn

Link Posted 17/01/2011 - 09:46
You of course are more than happy to provide these PUF badges for the fee quoted I assume Ken .

I'd have thought it was good practice for the guide dog, learning to ignore all those dogs and people. I walk in the woods with a blind girl sometimes. Her dog is amazing. Absolute concentration and ignores every distraction, every dog, until the harness comes off and she is given permission to play. She then resorts to normal Lab behaviour and is a total doozy for 45 minutes while we walk around, but as soon as time is up she is back at her mistresses side, harness is put on and she is back to work.

I of course will recognise you and TT in the car park -a Scotsman in a Tam O'Shanter standing by Arnie should be pretty easy to identify I'd have thought - although being Glasgow maybe you all wear Tam O'Shanters .

fatspider

Link Posted 17/01/2011 - 11:19
YIPEEEEEEEE! I'm coming

Found a lovely hotel just round the corner from Ken, unfortunately I'm not staying there As this is so close to the Goth meet I thought watching the pennies would be a better option, so if anyone wants a cheap hotel and not too far from the park have a look herelink

Now all I have to do is find something to interest the wife for the rest of the break.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

gartmore

Link Posted 17/01/2011 - 12:38
I know where the Ivory is, not far from the park.

@ Gwyn, I'm not sure... a lot of women in Glasgow look like Arnie.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Gwyn

Link Posted 17/01/2011 - 13:03

fatspider

Link Posted 17/01/2011 - 17:51
Quote:
a lot of women in Glasgow look like Arnie.

Is it the IrnBru
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

greynolds999

Link Posted 17/01/2011 - 20:11
techno-terminator wrote:
And how the blazes are we going to recognise folk?

So far everyone I've met has looked exactly like their avatars.
Technoblurb really is just a camera with legs!
My Photobucket

techno-terminator

Link Posted 17/01/2011 - 20:27
You carrying your PC with you then ? Just so you can continue to bash it to death

greynolds999

Link Posted 17/01/2011 - 20:33
Oh yeah. Mr Terminator. Sir!
My Photobucket

techno-terminator

Link Posted 17/01/2011 - 20:56

bforbes

Link Posted 20/01/2011 - 13:51
Hotel booked as the wife and daughter have tagged on a shopping trip for our wedding anniversary
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. new thread started