Pick a date for the Scotland meet

Error
  • You need to be logged in to vote on this poll
Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. new thread started

Gwyn

Link Posted 09/01/2011 - 12:37
Looks like my other half will be joining me and we'll be combining it with catching up with family too. We'll arrive in Newcastle and after Glasgow head south, ending up in Dover for the trip home, visiting various siblings along the way .

gartmore

Link Posted 09/01/2011 - 13:26
Zav wrote:
I voted 9th and 10th. I would be curious to see your faces guys, and girls

Don't get your hopes up, we usually wear masks a bit like your avatar.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Gwyn

Link Posted 09/01/2011 - 13:38
Quick question - my husband fancies staying up by Loch Lomond for a couple of nights. So how much of a pain will it be crossing the city on a Saturday morning if we do that?

I see a few hotels in Glasgow are already booked up for that weekend .

gartmore

Link Posted 09/01/2011 - 14:13
Easy Peasy, exactly where on Loch Lomond makes a big difference to journey times, wherever you stay you'll cross the Clyde via the Erskine Bridge and from there its probably only 15 minutes down the M8 to the park, you won't go through Glasgow at all.

I don't know what your hotel preference is but the Ramada (city centre), Ibis and Novotel often offer very good rates. If you fancy a Mac(not me, the computer variety) in your room and contemporary luxury then the City Inn is good. The latter is easiest for access and parking but a little off centre.

There is also a budget hotel of which I have no experience but I bet it is a Netherlands company: the Tulip.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Last Edited by gartmore on 09/01/2011 - 14:16

greynolds999

Link Posted 12/01/2011 - 12:20
The campanile is also quite good in glasgow. Worth checking.
My Photobucket

scotboab

Link Posted 13/01/2011 - 17:17
Ladies & Gents

I know im a newbie here but are you having a shoot in Pollock Park? Is it the 9th of April?

My rugby clubhouse (in the park) could be available to be used as a base

No promises as such just throwing it out there for discussion
Last Edited by scotboab on 13/01/2011 - 17:18

techno-terminator

Link Posted 13/01/2011 - 17:50
well - we is intending to It will be the first Scottish meet .
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

fatspider

Link Posted 13/01/2011 - 17:58
techno-terminator wrote:
well - we is intending to It will be the first Scottish meet .

Technically speaking if Gwyn manages to get over it will be an "International" meet
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

techno-terminator

Link Posted 13/01/2011 - 18:27
If you folk from down South there come up -[ you know the ones that live in England ] it will be international

Gwyn

Link Posted 13/01/2011 - 18:40
I'll be there but I only count the same as all the rest of you Sassenachs, expect for the Welsh blood in me of course .

techno-terminator

Link Posted 13/01/2011 - 20:27
Gwyn - I have Yorkshire , Scots and Welsh blood in me so they don't get more mixed up than that

SmutjeUK

Link Posted 13/01/2011 - 20:46
Well, all being well I will be there as well. Living in the 'south' but originate from Germany, what does that makes me?
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.

bretti_kivi

Link Posted 13/01/2011 - 20:51
Ein Ausländer, halt

Bret
my pics: link
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.

techno-terminator

Link Posted 13/01/2011 - 22:12
Surely you are a Pentaxian

SmutjeUK

Link Posted 13/01/2011 - 22:51
techno-terminator wrote:
Surely you are a Pentaxian

Can I please get a Passport on that one?
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. new thread started