Pick a date for the Scotland meet

Error
  • You need to be logged in to vote on this poll
Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. new thread started

gartmore

Link Posted 17/11/2010 - 12:31
Please pick the date you'd prefer and we'll see if we can get a consensus.

I think I've taken into consideration the comments some of you have already made in the other thread.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Last Edited by gartmore on 17/11/2010 - 12:32

bforbes

Link Posted 17/11/2010 - 21:34
after due consideration of all the facts.... the pin landed in the middle

greynolds999

Link Posted 17/11/2010 - 22:36
I went for the third date. I just feel the others are a little close to the Goth weekend.

techno-terminator

Link Posted 17/11/2010 - 22:39
I've voted for the 9th /10th as if I'm going to Dublin it will be on the 17th and I'll have to be in London by the 16th.
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

bforbes

Link Posted 17/11/2010 - 22:45
greynolds999 wrote:
I went for the third date. I just feel the others are a little close to the Goth weekend.

However the 22nd is the start of the Easter weekend, or do you not have Easter up there?
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

gartmore

Link Posted 18/11/2010 - 08:50
bforbes wrote:
greynolds999 wrote:

However the 22nd is the start of the Easter weekend, or do you not have Easter up there?

Some people had already said they couldn't do Easter. And no we don't have it any more. At least the schools only have the Friday and Monday off. What used to be the Easter holidays is now Mid-Term and and at a fixed time rather than a moveable feast.

fatspider

Link Posted 18/11/2010 - 09:15
I'm struggling with this one, who suggested April

A Scottish meet would definately have to be worked in with a weekend away and I dont know if I can wangle one so soon after the Goth Festval.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

greynolds999

Link Posted 18/11/2010 - 21:34
The alternative is we have the inital meet at the start of March then do another around May for those who are travelling?
My Photobucket

gartmore

Link Posted 27/11/2010 - 11:34
If we do opt for Pollok Country Park the problem with March is that Pollok House doesn't re-open until April 1st or thereabouts.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

techno-terminator

Link Posted 27/11/2010 - 12:03
Well - does that really matter since we can't shoot in there [ NTS rules ] ?

gartmore

Link Posted 27/11/2010 - 14:29
Yes it does matter, we can organise a shoot as I said earlier or people might just want to visit the house. It also has a restaurant and you don't pay the entrance fee to use it.
Ken

SmutjeUK

Link Posted 27/11/2010 - 15:32
Interesting, is there accommodation somewhere nearby? I would have to come via public transport from the South Coast and would take the opportunity to stay for a day or two longer but I would need to know how to get there and where my wife and me can stay.
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.

gartmore

Link Posted 27/11/2010 - 16:19
This big city is full of hotels of all kinds from £35 to ten times that. The proposed venue is only 10 minutes from the city centre by car, train (just two or three stops and only about £1.40 or so) or bus.

Bill Bryson in 'Notes from a Small Island' walked and that made interesting reading!

A lot of the budget chains like Premier Travel Inn are very well situated in the city centre. Always worth booking long in advance to get the best deals so it would be nice to have a conscensus on a date by the end of January, wouldn't it Pentax Users?
Ken

techno-terminator

Link Posted 27/11/2010 - 16:22
Even earlier than that if possible .

It would be fun to have a meet up here

SmutjeUK

Link Posted 27/11/2010 - 17:09
Will keep my eyes on the date as my wife is a Nurse and will have to give 6 weeks notice for holidays. Nice little B&B will do me nicely. Don't like the big Hotels much, somehow they miss the personal touch and I got good time for budgeting for it anyway.
Only date that would be not for me would be the 29th April as I am off to London to take pictures of the Royal Wedding.
Accreditation is being sorted by a German Paper for which I used to work a long time ago and they are more then happy to have me around.
May helps me with the NUJ as well as I will get the proof I need to join them and the Germans will get someone that is at the south coast in England only 30min away from Weymouth (Olympics Sailing).
Its a hard way I have gone but I think I will be able to get back in to it all now again.
Nice break in Scotland with like minded people to meet would be nice.
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. new thread started