Pentax, or ??
Posted 16/09/2014 - 01:09
Link
George Lazarette wrote:
It's Pentax User Forum, not Pentax and other brands from time to time Forum.
But I use Pentax lenses on a Sony A7 as well as my K-3, does that mean I am not welcome here?
hogboy wrote:
..............but please make room for other brands from time to time.
Why?..............but please make room for other brands from time to time.
It's Pentax User Forum, not Pentax and other brands from time to time Forum.
Posted 16/09/2014 - 01:20
Link
Marat wrote:
Of course not. But forum rules say you should only post pictures taken with a Pentax body.George Lazarette wrote:
It's Pentax User Forum, not Pentax and other brands from time to time Forum.
But I use Pentax lenses on a Sony A7 as well as my K-3, does that mean I am not welcome here?hogboy wrote:
..............but please make room for other brands from time to time.
Why?..............but please make room for other brands from time to time.
It's Pentax User Forum, not Pentax and other brands from time to time Forum.
There is an argument that the reverse should be true, since the lens affects a picture more than the body does. However, we are where we are.
I don't know why the perpetual whingers (Yves and Cabstar being examples) continue to post here. If they don't like the forum, surely the answer is to stay away. But something always draws them back....
So, for that reason, and many others, I don't think the forum is going to die.
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 16/09/2014 - 07:56
Link
George Lazarette wrote:
I don't know why the perpetual whingers (Yves and Cabstar being examples) continue to post here.
Welcome back George. I don't know why the perpetual whingers (Yves and Cabstar being examples) continue to post here.
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 16/09/2014 - 08:31
Link
George Lazarette wrote:
Of course not. But forum rules say you should only post pictures taken with a Pentax body.Marat wrote:
It's Pentax User Forum, not Pentax and other brands from time to time Forum.
But I use Pentax lenses on a Sony A7 as well as my K-3, does that mean I am not welcome here?George Lazarette wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="hogboy"]..............but please make room for other brands from time to time.
Why?[quote:3496ace15f="hogboy"]..............but please make room for other brands from time to time.
It's Pentax User Forum, not Pentax and other brands from time to time Forum.
There is an argument that the reverse should be true, since the lens affects a picture more than the body does. However, we are where we are.
I don't know why the perpetual whingers (Yves and Cabstar being examples) continue to post here. If they don't like the forum, surely the answer is to stay away. But something always draws them back....
So, for that reason, and many others, I don't think the forum is going to die.[/quote]No it doesn't ? To be honest reading the rules I can post an image taken with a carrot if I want, well if we are all for making up rules as we go along.....
Posted 16/09/2014 - 08:57
Link
Marat wrote:
Of course not. But forum rules say you should only post pictures taken with a Pentax body.George Lazarette wrote:
It's Pentax User Forum, not Pentax and other brands from time to time Forum.
But I use Pentax lenses on a Sony A7 as well as my K-3, does that mean I am not welcome here?Marat wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="George Lazarette"][quote:3496ace15f="hogboy"]..............but please make room for other brands from time to time.
Why?[quote:3496ace15f="George Lazarette"][quote:3496ace15f="hogboy"]..............but please make room for other brands from time to time.
It's Pentax User Forum, not Pentax and other brands from time to time Forum.
There is an argument that the reverse should be true, since the lens affects a picture more than the body does. However, we are where we are.
I don't know why the perpetual whingers (Yves and Cabstar being examples) continue to post here. If they don't like the forum, surely the answer is to stay away. But something always draws them back....
So, for that reason, and many others, I don't think the forum is going to die.[/quote]No it doesn't ? To be honest reading the rules I can post an image taken with a carrot if I want, well if we are all for making up rules as we go along.....[/quote]I'm still waiting for Pentax to announce their new full frame carrot.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Posted 16/09/2014 - 21:08
Link
Very good in low light, I believe
Posted 16/09/2014 - 21:12
Link
George Lazarette wrote:
Of course not. But forum rules say you should only post pictures taken with a Pentax body.Marat wrote:
It's Pentax User Forum, not Pentax and other brands from time to time Forum.
But I use Pentax lenses on a Sony A7 as well as my K-3, does that mean I am not welcome here?George Lazarette wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="hogboy"]..............but please make room for other brands from time to time.
Why?[quote:3496ace15f="hogboy"]..............but please make room for other brands from time to time.
It's Pentax User Forum, not Pentax and other brands from time to time Forum.
There is an argument that the reverse should be true, since the lens affects a picture more than the body does. However, we are where we are.
I don't know why the perpetual whingers (Yves and Cabstar being examples) continue to post here. If they don't like the forum, surely the answer is to stay away. But something always draws them back....
So, for that reason, and many others, I don't think the forum is going to die.[/quote]Thanks George! See your still on form then. Yes I hang around in the hope an FF body by Pentax rares it's head and as far as I know the site is called Pentax user not Pentax owner! And if my very few posts of late have rattled you then good!
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Posted 16/09/2014 - 21:49
Link
I had a quick look through the 'rules' and I can't see reference to Gallery photos need to be taken on Pentax's, or that you can't mention another brand. What I did see was a bunch of we can take down anything we don't like for any reason we feel. I suspect that's the bit some are battling against. The forum terms of use has more info about links to other brands, photos from non Pentax gear etc.
I'm a Pentax User, but I own some imaging devices from other brands, either where Pentax doesn't offer a competing product, or where what Pentax (Ricoh really) do offer simply isn't competitive against the competition. I tend to be quiet about that non Pentax gear, but it would be silly to think that I don't use it, that others wouldn't necessarily be interested in it, or that I stop being a Pentax User because I have and use this alternative gear.
Once again, is the site about the user or the equipment? It's called Pentax User, not Pentax Equipment or PentaxOnlyUser etc.
If it ain't broke then don't fix it is one attitude. But then again these types of threads keep popping up, being removed, being reinstated, and cropping up again etc.
I'm a Pentax User, but I own some imaging devices from other brands, either where Pentax doesn't offer a competing product, or where what Pentax (Ricoh really) do offer simply isn't competitive against the competition. I tend to be quiet about that non Pentax gear, but it would be silly to think that I don't use it, that others wouldn't necessarily be interested in it, or that I stop being a Pentax User because I have and use this alternative gear.
Once again, is the site about the user or the equipment? It's called Pentax User, not Pentax Equipment or PentaxOnlyUser etc.
If it ain't broke then don't fix it is one attitude. But then again these types of threads keep popping up, being removed, being reinstated, and cropping up again etc.
Posted 16/09/2014 - 22:14
Link
Quote:
3g. Please keep discussion to Pentax or Pentax releated subjects and images. Images taken with other brandes may be linked to if of Pentax-releated interest.
That seems pretty clear to me, notwithstanding the spelling errors!3g. Please keep discussion to Pentax or Pentax releated subjects and images. Images taken with other brandes may be linked to if of Pentax-releated interest.
Pentax images only please, but obviously you can use Sigma or other lenses.
Using Pentax lenses on a Canon or something else would need to be in context of a Pentax related discussion, and linked to rather than posted directly.
I post my non-Pentax images elsewhere, wherever they may be directly of interest. I particularly like the wide variety of Facebook groups that cater for almost anything we could imagine.
Best regards, John
Posted 16/09/2014 - 22:36
Link
johnriley wrote:
Pentax images only please, but obviously you can use Sigma or other lenses.
Using Pentax lenses on a Canon or something else would need to be in context of a Pentax related discussion, and linked to rather than posted directly.
I post my non-Pentax images elsewhere, wherever they may be directly of interest. I particularly like the wide variety of Facebook groups that cater for almost anything we could imagine.
Sorry about this, but still a bit confused if I can post images taken with my Sony A7 which 90% are taken with Pentax lenses, as these images and the discussion would be Pentax related in the foremost.Quote:
3g. Please keep discussion to Pentax or Pentax releated subjects and images. Images taken with other brandes may be linked to if of Pentax-releated interest.
That seems pretty clear to me, notwithstanding the spelling errors!3g. Please keep discussion to Pentax or Pentax releated subjects and images. Images taken with other brandes may be linked to if of Pentax-releated interest.
Pentax images only please, but obviously you can use Sigma or other lenses.
Using Pentax lenses on a Canon or something else would need to be in context of a Pentax related discussion, and linked to rather than posted directly.
I post my non-Pentax images elsewhere, wherever they may be directly of interest. I particularly like the wide variety of Facebook groups that cater for almost anything we could imagine.
Nothing in the rules state I can't, and nothing states what brand combination of body or lens is used as long as it's Pentax related.
I don't want to drag this thread out anymore then it already has, but a clear answer would be very much welcomed.
Posted 16/09/2014 - 22:52
Link
johnriley wrote:
That's under forum, but not under the Gallery Terms of Use section.
Quote:
3g. Please keep discussion to Pentax or Pentax releated subjects and images. Images taken with other brandes may be linked to if of Pentax-releated interest.
That seems pretty clear to me, 3g. Please keep discussion to Pentax or Pentax releated subjects and images. Images taken with other brandes may be linked to if of Pentax-releated interest.
Posted 16/09/2014 - 22:54
Link
I've avoided this thread until now (and can't be bothered to read the previous pages of comments). My take on the issue(s) are:
This is a free (cost wise) forum (if you choose not to subscribe to PU+), therefore you have the choice to participate or not. If you choose to, then there are rules/Ts&Cs that you are expected to follow (and most of these are about being civil to other users).
This forum (actually more than just a forum) is a replacement for the 'old' Pentax User Club (which you had to pay for). This club was exclusively Pentax - no if's, but's or options.
There are dozens of other forums to discuss other makes, if you wish to discuss them you'd be better doing so on one of those. If you're moving away from Pentax, then I feel you'd be better concentrating on your new gear in a more appropriate forum where you can discuss it with like-minded users in more detail.
I like the rules as they are but the implementation of them has to be (and seen to be) fair and reasonable.
I shoot lots of non-Pentax gear myself, but I discuss that on other (more suitable) forums, not because I have to but because I get more out of them.
John.
This is a free (cost wise) forum (if you choose not to subscribe to PU+), therefore you have the choice to participate or not. If you choose to, then there are rules/Ts&Cs that you are expected to follow (and most of these are about being civil to other users).
This forum (actually more than just a forum) is a replacement for the 'old' Pentax User Club (which you had to pay for). This club was exclusively Pentax - no if's, but's or options.
There are dozens of other forums to discuss other makes, if you wish to discuss them you'd be better doing so on one of those. If you're moving away from Pentax, then I feel you'd be better concentrating on your new gear in a more appropriate forum where you can discuss it with like-minded users in more detail.
I like the rules as they are but the implementation of them has to be (and seen to be) fair and reasonable.
I shoot lots of non-Pentax gear myself, but I discuss that on other (more suitable) forums, not because I have to but because I get more out of them.
John.
Posted 16/09/2014 - 23:14
Link
Thank you John, that's a concise summary. It's a matter of common sense really.
For Marat, you seem to be a Sony user, the use of Pentax lenses might be incidental to that. I have no idea what the prospects are for finding a like-minded Sony forum, although I guess both ePHOTOzine and AP both have areas dedicated to that.
For Marat, you seem to be a Sony user, the use of Pentax lenses might be incidental to that. I have no idea what the prospects are for finding a like-minded Sony forum, although I guess both ePHOTOzine and AP both have areas dedicated to that.
Best regards, John
Posted 16/09/2014 - 23:48
Link
johnriley wrote:
Thank you John, that's a concise summary. It's a matter of common sense really.
For Marat, you seem to be a Sony user, the use of Pentax lenses might be incidental to that. I have no idea what the prospects are for finding a like-minded Sony forum, although I guess both ePHOTOzine and AP both have areas dedicated to that.
I am a Sony user in the fact that I own one Sony camera with one Sony lens, I am a Pentax user as I own three Pentax cameras and seventeen Pentax lenses.Thank you John, that's a concise summary. It's a matter of common sense really.
For Marat, you seem to be a Sony user, the use of Pentax lenses might be incidental to that. I have no idea what the prospects are for finding a like-minded Sony forum, although I guess both ePHOTOzine and AP both have areas dedicated to that.
When using my one Sony camera I use a large number Pentax lenses on said camera as these are best suited to my needs and budget.
For you to turn around and tell me to go away and join a different forum as I am a "Sony User" as if it's some dirty word, is bang out of order and offensive,
Talk about being to made feel welcome.
I asked a very simple question to which I have had not a single reply, if you had just said No, then that would have been fine, not a problem at all, but all we gave gad is huff and puff and no common sense at all.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


8192 posts
22 years
London
..............but please make room for other brands from time to time.
It's Pentax User Forum, not Pentax and other brands from time to time Forum.