NYMR / Pickering War Weekend (October 2016)

JAK

Link Posted 17/10/2016 - 21:12
There's usually a collection of photos here from this event, but apparently not so far!
I'll remedy that with some photos taken at Pickering on Sunday.
All were taken with the K-3 and DA 16-85mm.

1. Women's Home Defence

2. American Encampment

The colour co-ordination was purely by chance!

8. Same photo with a twist.

And for the railway buffs:-
11. LNER Thompson Class B1 61264

There might be a few more to follow.
John K

JAK

Link Posted 17/10/2016 - 21:27
Part Two

17. Time Traveller

18. Time Traveller (variation)

19. Space Time Rift

20. Anyone able to identify this?

21. The French Connection

Thank you for looking.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 17/10/2016 - 21:31

bwlchmawr

Link Posted 17/10/2016 - 21:44
What a great set. I love events like this.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05

davidtrout

Link Posted 17/10/2016 - 22:08
bwlchmawr wrote:

Absolutely terrific set. And as a fan of street photography I find No.s 7+8 superb.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

JAK

Link Posted 17/10/2016 - 22:15
Thank you both. I must say I've never considered myself as a street photographer. I guess the difference with an event like this is that those dressing up must almost expect to have a camera focussed on them whereas in a normal street scene some might find it intrusive. I'm not really sure why some of the Whitby Goths from a year or two back got so uptight about it, If they don't like it, don't do it in public!
John K

alfpics

Link Posted 17/10/2016 - 23:09
Agree with the above - a great set. It looks to have been a great day out!
Andy

08tiger

Link Posted 18/10/2016 - 07:13
Could be a WCO 42 Enfield 350 bullet.
Great set of shots.
C&C welcome.
Don.

JAK

Link Posted 18/10/2016 - 12:43
08tiger wrote:
Could be a WCO 42 Enfield 350 bullet.
Great set of shots.

Thanks for further comments and lead.
It seems much the same as this (1941) Royal Enfield WCO 350 ccm
http://www.eurooldtimers.com/eng/galerie-stroj/3987-1941-royal-enfield-wco-350-c...
so thank you for that, I can update the detail for my photo.
John K

carmagw

Link Posted 18/10/2016 - 14:27
davidtrout wrote:
bwlchmawr wrote:

Absolutely terrific set. And as a fan of street photography I find No.s 7+8 superb.
David

+1 to above. Thanks for sharing

NaimKhan

Link Posted 18/10/2016 - 16:36
Great images John. Shame I missed you. There weren't many Petaxians around - probably just you and I.
PPG

JAK

Link Posted 18/10/2016 - 17:39
NaimKhan wrote:
Great images John. Shame I missed you. There weren't many Petaxians around - probably just you and I.

Seems like it, I didn't spot any others around either. I only went to Pickering around lunchtime as the rain put me off earlier on and Pickering is only around a 30 minute drive away for me so I didn't need to rush. I was expecting to find the place deserted after all the rain; certainly wasn't the case though! The afternoon was quite pleasant and I found plenty to photograph.
I get the impression you had a train ride?
John K

K10D

Link Posted 18/10/2016 - 18:20
A good and varied set with plenty of event scenes and coverage.

The M/C is indeed a WCO 350.

I couldn't make it this year but glad to see the images above.

Best regards

NaimKhan

Link Posted 18/10/2016 - 21:25
JAK wrote:
NaimKhan wrote:

Seems like it, I didn't spot any others around either. I only went to Pickering around lunchtime as the rain put me off earlier on and Pickering is only around a 30 minute drive away for me so I didn't need to rush. I was expecting to find the place deserted after all the rain; certainly wasn't the case though! The afternoon was quite pleasant and I found plenty to photograph.
I get the impression you had a train ride?

I got to Pickering quite early - I think it was before 9. Probably will get a speeding ticket in the post in a day or two as well. I then took the train to Levisham and was planning to keep on going but the weather was atrocious so came back to Pickering. Then took the car to Goathland for a little while and then on to Grosmont but didn't stay stop there and came back in mid afternoon.
PPG

JAK

Link Posted 18/10/2016 - 21:38
Oh dear, did you wizz past a scamera van? I haven't been on the NYMR for quite a while. One thinks twice about paying out 30 for a trip. Maybe would if it was a tenner though. I know it must cost them quite a lot to run but 1 x 10 gives them more than 0 x 30.
John K

NaimKhan

Link Posted 19/10/2016 - 19:56
JAK wrote:
Oh dear, did you wizz past a scamera van? I haven't been on the NYMR for quite a while. One thinks twice about paying out 30 for a trip. Maybe would if it was a tenner though. I know it must cost them quite a lot to run but 1 x 10 gives them more than 0 x 30.

Yes - b******* . Ticket came in the post today.
About the train ticket - yes I agree. 26 is rather steep. I was planning to use the car but there was no parking at Levisham so decided to take the train all the was up to Grosmont.
PPG
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.