Just me onry
Sitting on my rittle throne
I work rearry hard and make up great prans
But nobody ristens, no one understands
Seems like no one takes me serirousry

And so I'm ronery
A rittle ronery
Poor rittle me

(lyrics lifted from Team America - World Police)

Anyhow, I hoping that the lack of responses are due to people waiting on the weather forecast - or have I offended people

I was at the Anglesey Transport and Machinery show today and happened to watch a bit of Canon (real, loud weapons types not cameras) firing by the people who will be part of the next weekends 'show' at Fort Belan.

They made mention of next weeks re enactments etc which may well make for some decent photo's, however, the fort itself seems very interesting to me and as it is not normally open to the public I intend to go and check it out.

After that what happens will depend on the weather, who attends and what they want as there is so much near by as mention above by Adrian. In addition to this there is the museum at Dinas Dinlle airport, the nearby nature reserve and plenty of scenery

Unfortunately, it may not be worth popping across to Anglesey to catch the red squirrels as it has been reported that some mindless hooligan (I have more accurate phrases but they are entirely unsuitable for this forum) has been shooting them

Any takers for the 'possible Fort Belan' trip
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

bychan

Link Posted 20/05/2015 - 23:17
Hello Stu
Apologies for the late reply.

I mistakenly thought that the event at Fort Belan was on Saturday and Sunday, with you planning on attending the Saturday. Of course I've cocked-up, now realising it's Sunday/Monday

Whilst Saturday would (seemingly so far), been a great day weather wise, Sunday is forecast for heavy rain until mid afternoon.

I'll be keeping my eye on the forecats, and will get back to you beforehand.

Cheers
Adrian
K5IIs, Sigma 10-20, Pentax DA 16-85, Pentax DA 55-300, Pentax 70 Ltd, Metz 44 AF-2.
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/

Stuey

Link Posted 21/05/2015 - 22:42
Hi Adrian

Thanks for the response, the latest weather report is rain until mid morning then it brightens up

Of course it will be weather dependent - fingers crossed

Regards

Stu.

My Flickr site link

Stuey

Link Posted 25/05/2015 - 09:36
After arriving cat Fort Belan yesterday and not being 100% sure how the day would go we stayed all day, got photos and sunburn

If anyone is in that area today I can recommend that you visit as not only are the displays very good, the tours interesting the food and drinks are well priced and very good

Photos will follow but maybe not today.

The owners and volunteers are all really helpful and friendly too, which helps D

Regards

Stu

My Flickr site link

Stuey

Link Posted 27/05/2015 - 19:35
Well at least the weather looks sunny for this Saturday

So, given that last week wasn't exactly well attended in terms of this thread is anyone interested in 30.5 being this Saturday - initial meeting could well be in Conwy to start then heading into the hills via the Sychnant pass - not a direct route then assess the options

Perhaps a 9am start ? this I'd flexible

Should no one wish to attend but want to propose an alternative date please do so.

If there are no responses be it good or bad then I will not propose another date for this for this year.

If anyone wants to see images from Fort Belan please click on my website link below.

Regards

Stu

My Flickr site link

DaveKitson

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 00:19
Hi Stu.

You managed to pick a couple of dates (last weekend and this coming Saturday) that I couldn't make..

I'm continuing to monitor this thread to see what transpires..

dave k
My PBase: www.pbase.com/davekitson

Stuey

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 13:34
Hi Dave

It's good to hear from you, I feared that the dates may be part of the issue.

Do you want to pick a date or dates you are free and see if this prompts others? The date or dates you are free may suit others better

If memory serves me correctly, only 'Hullman' other than myself offered any dates earlier in the thread, but I could be wrong.

I have plenty to do any weekend so moving things around for me is as easy or hard most weekends.

Regards

Stu

My Flickr site link

Stuey

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 23:03
Oh dear another blank drawn

I appreciate the responses Dave and Adrian's last week

However, given the lack of responses, short of any decent kind of commitment by around 8pm tomorrow I will start on the beer which entirely rules out driving Saturday morning for me.

If anyone still wants to go ahead with a North Wales meet and would like my input please speak up

As stated above I will not be suggesting another date but am willing to respond should anyone else choose to do so.

My Flickr site link

DaveKitson

Link Posted 28/05/2015 - 23:33
I've just got in and checked with the boss...... I think that I can do any Saturday in June.

dave k

bychan

Link Posted 29/05/2015 - 00:28
Hi Stu
Unfortunely I'm not-free this weekend,sorry.

Any other will be fine.

Cheers
Adrian
K5IIs, Sigma 10-20, Pentax DA 16-85, Pentax DA 55-300, Pentax 70 Ltd, Metz 44 AF-2.
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 29/05/2015 - 11:39
My clutch is going would not trust on sychnant pass, its a castle & beach day tomorrow with family probably Conwy

Stuey

Link Posted 29/05/2015 - 19:05
Hi all

I am free any Saturday in June - anyone care to select one

Regards

Stu

My Flickr site link

DaveKitson

Link Posted 29/05/2015 - 20:37
How about the 20th???

Stuey

Link Posted 29/05/2015 - 20:45
20th is good for me

My Flickr site link

droopsnoot

Link Posted 02/06/2015 - 19:38
I've had internet issues so haven't really been able to get on, in any case I've got a few car shows on at the moment so wouldn't really be able to participate once again. Oh well, there's always 2016.
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.