North Wales Meet 2015

Stuey

Link Posted 30/03/2015 - 22:20
Dave that may be the Austrian Restaurant I tried to book a few times but it was full - never been but had tried to book it as something different

This may be beginning to take shape

Maybe this and Conwy Castle could be the end of the day - the possibilities for the start of the day could include Caernarfon Castle or the airfield at Dina's Dinlle as there us also a small beech and maybe wildlife possibilities there - I will look into it

Regards

Stu

PS - Andrew - 10 hours of driving in a day does seem excessive - maybe we could also tie in with you on one of your future visits
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
Last Edited by Stuey on 30/03/2015 - 22:24

Stuey

Link Posted 01/04/2015 - 20:08
Whilst exploring potential locations I have been asked by one venue if anyone needs accommodation for whatever weekend this takes place - I have never been asked this before so here I am at least asking the question

If anyone may require this i can pm them the info / link - im not on any kind of commission and have not placed the link here as I fear I may break forum rules

Regards

Stu

My Flickr site link

DaveKitson

Link Posted 01/04/2015 - 20:59
Stuey wrote:
Dave that may be the Austrian Restaurant I tried to book a few times but it was full - never been but had tried to book it as something different

Yes, I always book up front to make sure there's a spot, but usually not problem. (My better half might give me a problem however, if I go without her )
My PBase: www.pbase.com/davekitson

Stuey

Link Posted 01/04/2015 - 21:25
DaveKitson wrote:
Stuey wrote:

Yes, I always book up front to make sure there's a spot, but usually not problem. (My better half might give me a problem however, if I go without her )

I understand the trouble that could cause you Dave

My Flickr site link

Stuey

Link Posted 05/04/2015 - 21:35
Hello all

Well I have visited Sychnant Pass and reckon it may well play some part in our day Thanks for the tip Howard

I did not see all of it as cloud and fog intervened

We had to access it via Nebo as some unfortunate motorist had an accident closing the Llanrwst road - however as a result of this another location has been found

Conwy and it's castle has potential as do a few places near Dina's Dinlle airport just waiting on whether or not we may be granted access

Hoping for possibly an early is I start around with Caernarfon Castle or airport (Dina's Dinlle) then onwards from there

Perhaps a date can be set soon - I will try to do this before the end of the week

Regards

Stu

My Flickr site link

judderman62

Link Posted 06/04/2015 - 22:02
I might possibly, maybe be up for this potentially, perhaps.

will keep tabs on this thread.
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2

Stuey

Link Posted 06/04/2015 - 23:13
You would be welcome Mike

I may post a few pics from yesterday but it will take until the weekend as I have a busy week.

Regards

Stu

My Flickr site link

bychan

Link Posted 08/04/2015 - 01:43
Stuey wrote:
Hello all

Well I have visited Sychnant Pass and reckon it may well play some part in our day Thanks for the tip Howard

I did not see all of it as cloud and fog intervened

We had to access it via Nebo as some unfortunate motorist had an accident closing the Llanrwst road - however as a result of this another location has been found

Conwy and it's castle has potential as do a few places near Dina's Dinlle airport just waiting on whether or not we may be granted access

Hoping for possibly an early is I start around with Caernarfon Castle or airport (Dina's Dinlle) then onwards from there

Perhaps a date can be set soon - I will try to do this before the end of the week

Regards

Stu

Hello Stu
If you aim to come as far as Dinas Dinlle, I can also suggest two other possible destinations as well (depending on interest).

1 Parc Glynllifon
Literally a few hundred yards before the turning for Dinas Dinlle.
Nice garden walks etc., one negative being that it costs £4 to get in.

Been a while since I last visited.

Check this for some images of the place link

2 St. Beuno's Church, Clynnogfawr
About four miles further along from Dinas Dinlle/Parc Glynllifon is the above, very old Church.
The doors should be open, but I could investigate further to confirm.

Some images of the Church
link

And three miles further along is home, sweet home

Cheers
Adrian
K5IIs, Sigma 10-20, Pentax DA 16-85, Pentax DA 55-300, Pentax 70 Ltd, Metz 44 AF-2.
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/

Stuey

Link Posted 08/04/2015 - 21:56
Thanks Adrian

Option 2 being the free one may prove more popular but let's see what others think

Where is the nearest bacon butty shop to those loçations

My Flickr site link

bychan

Link Posted 09/04/2015 - 00:42
Stuey wrote:
Thanks Adrian

Option 2 being the free one may prove more popular but let's see what others think

Where is the nearest bacon butty shop to those loçations

Hello Stu
Nothing on offer after Caernarfon food wise
Off the main road anyhow.

Basically the longer you travel on the A499 towards Pwllheli, the more rural it becomes
The older I've become I quite like it this way

cheers
Adrian
K5IIs, Sigma 10-20, Pentax DA 16-85, Pentax DA 55-300, Pentax 70 Ltd, Metz 44 AF-2.
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/

Stuey

Link Posted 09/04/2015 - 23:06
I agree the more rural the better - I will have to arrange things to allow food breaks

Thanks again Adrian

My Flickr site link

Stuey

Link Posted 12/04/2015 - 20:03
Hi All

I have received a response from Fort Belan which can now be included within the options, they have a Napoleonic Bank Holiday 24th and 25th of May 10am to 5pm and we could obtain earlier entry if pre arranged, the cost is £5 per adult or £3 for pensioners, students, children with a possible discount depending on the size of the group.

I believe that this may be worth a day all to itself in addition to the main meet but wil leave that up to those who wish to attend. I cannot attach a flyer or link here but if you search for Fort Belan on tinterweb further information should be available., or you can send me a pm

An now for the reccy carried out on the Sychnant Pass, a few photo's below, first up the location found by accident near Nebo;

And then some from the Sychnant Pass;

I cannot guarantee the clouds will still be around

Please speak up about dates, if you want to attend but cannot make the date with Fort Belan to be included then I am able to arrange more than 1 day.

I do feel that it would be best to have Fort Belan covering most of the day as the cannon firing, fort itself and associated activities could easily fill a memory card or two as could the castles and coat day.

I will review my own dates and post again later.

Regards

Stuart

My Flickr site link

Stuey

Link Posted 12/04/2015 - 22:06
I am free except for the 25th/26th April

My Flickr site link

Stuey

Link Posted 18/04/2015 - 21:34
Hello all

Apologies for my absence, intermittent internet, I could log on but then not much else

Right here we go

Day 1 so to speak (not in date order more the priority I think others may place on them)

30th May 2015 - 'Castles and Coast' - not fully sorted on what will be the actual itinerary, however, the Sychnant Pass, Conwy Castle, maybe Caernarfon Castle or the Dinas Dinlle airport or nearby nature reserve - as always I am open to suggestions and the day will also need a lunch break planned in but I am working on it

Day 2

24.5.15 - Fort Belan early then maybe mooch on down to a few other (to be arranged) photo opportunities afterwards - I pan to go to this regardless of how many other plan to attend and as such I want it to be an extra option rather than an instead of

So please speak up guys n gals

Regards

Stuart

My Flickr site link

Stuey

Link Posted 11/05/2015 - 22:48
'It's all gone quiet' said Rhubard, 'Too quiet' said Custard -

My Flickr site link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.