North Wales Meet 2015

Stuey

Link Posted 24/03/2015 - 22:34
Hi all

Well its that time of year when I try to gather some Pentax Users (and others such as Aaron of Canon persuasion) to meet up in North Wales for some photographic mucking around and some pretty decent food at a pub or café (no I'm not offering to pay)

In previous years we have wandered around areas near Llanberis in Snowdonia trying to make sure nothing too strenuous was undertaken and also having visited Southern Anglesey to take pic's of the Menai Bridges, red squirrels at Newborough Forest and on to Landdwyn Island

There are of course many options including beaches, churches, landscapes, mountains, waterfalls etc so if anyone wants to suggest anything or express a 'want' then I will try to assist.

This usually takes the form of people suggesting dates from late April onwards on a Saturday then us trying to pick the most popular one and deciding on a set of locations/ potential subjects

So if you may be interested then please speak up and then we will see how this progresses as most Saturdays after the youth football league finishes (end of April ish) I am free

The usual form is the date changes several times then a location is decided upon with a plan / itinerary being produced by me using ideas shamelessly stolen from other members (such as Adrian/Bychan) and loosely represented as my own in a shameless fashion!!!

So let's begin - anyone have any requests / suggestions?

Regards

Stu

p.s. the smilies don't seem to be working for me so I have tried to type them !!
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

DaveKitson

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 10:21
Hi Stu,

Subject to the usual caveats, I'm up for it.

Anywhere, and most dates for me.

dave k
My PBase: www.pbase.com/davekitson

Hullman

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 11:48
My girlfriend (a k5 user) and I would love to attend, not been to that part of the country so anywhere would be fab. I have my children staying ever other weekend so can make any of the following dates :

2-4 May
16-17 May
30-31 May
13 June
27-28 June

Andy
FF: Pentax K-1, D-FA* 70-200, D-FA 24-70, D-FA 100, D-FA 28-105, FA 77, FA 43
APSC: K3, K5, DA*50-135, DA*300, Sigma 17-50, Sigma 10-20, 18-55mm, DA 55-300mm, DA35, 1.4TC
4/3: Q10, Q, 01, 02, 06
Fuji XT1, XF18-55, XF27

Stuey

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 13:36
Thanks for the replies guys

Now we have sent dates mentioned I will double check my calendar when I get home and confirm if I can't make any of them

My Flickr site link

AndrewA

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 13:54
Count me in please Stu
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 17:49
Enjoyed the last one hopefully i'm in

AlJones2402

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 18:56
Not met up with anyone yet, although did bump into a Pentax user (not a forum member) at Oulton Park today. 😊
If I'm free on the agreed date then count me in.

Stuey

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 19:28
Excellent start

Thanks for the responses and you are all welcome

Good to hear from you all

All of the dates seem free for me so far but I must check with the football team my lad plays for as their website is not giving me the info required

So far my thoughts are along the lines of trying to offer a mix of a few things like last year and with some wet weather or cloudy options should our famous Welsh weather intervene - so many options available which should help

So far we have barely scratched the surface of the possibilities but water and mountains in Snowdonia or landmarks and wildlife possibly on Anglesey again may be the theme

I will try to put some options together but all suggestions are welcome

Maybe even coast and castles could be worth a punt but may make for a long day if we cover a few

I will start putting it together properley

Regards

Stu

My Flickr site link

Hullman

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 22:14
thanks Stu, really appreciate it.

Andy.
FF: Pentax K-1, D-FA* 70-200, D-FA 24-70, D-FA 100, D-FA 28-105, FA 77, FA 43
APSC: K3, K5, DA*50-135, DA*300, Sigma 17-50, Sigma 10-20, 18-55mm, DA 55-300mm, DA35, 1.4TC
4/3: Q10, Q, 01, 02, 06
Fuji XT1, XF18-55, XF27

droopsnoot

Link Posted 26/03/2015 - 12:12
I keep trying to get involved in one of these, if it's OK I'll keep an eye on the date and see how it fits in.
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror

Stuey

Link Posted 29/03/2015 - 21:27
Hello again

I will try to place a date on this soon and allowing at least two weeks notice

A Castles, Coast and Mountains mix appeals to me however the logistics and possibilities of decent shots are proving beyond me at the moment but still trying

A wildlife and landscape mix should be less problematic but if anyone wants to offer any ideas please speak up

Regards

Stu

My Flickr site link

HowardJ

Link Posted 30/03/2015 - 19:58
Hi Stuey,

Great idea but once again I don't think I'll be able to make it but I'll keep an eye on this thread.

If you want castles and coast why not try Conwy then over Sychnant Pass down to Penmaenmawr and Llanfairfechan some nice bits of coast there. Also great views as you go over Syschnant. Alternatively you could go down the Conwy valley through Llanrwst and on to Bettws, but take the B road. Some thoughts for you.

Enjoy whatever,

Cheers,

Howard
Cymru Am Byth

Stuey

Link Posted 30/03/2015 - 21:14
Thanks Howard

I have to admit to not knowing the Sychnant pass but a quick peek at it and it seems to tick a few boxes straight away - I will try to take a trip there this weekend as a reccy so to speak

I know and love the Llanrwst road - thanks for the heads up on this

Regards

Stu

My Flickr site link

DaveKitson

Link Posted 30/03/2015 - 21:42
There is a great Austrian restaurant I use a lot on the Sychnant pass (at Dwygyfylchi). Evenings only, but I might well tarry for an evening meal if we end up there.

Probably not a full days photography on the pass but just down the coast is the Aber falls, couple of miles walk along a stream to a 120ft high waterfall.

dave k
My PBase: www.pbase.com/davekitson

bwlchmawr

Link Posted 30/03/2015 - 21:52
I'm jealous. Regulars here will know what the area means to me but it's a five hour drive...

Have a great day.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.