Non Pentax Cameras

jackitec

Link Posted 16/01/2009 - 20:11
Nice stories guys, but could we get back to what I asked or I'm going to upload another non Pentax Photo.

Tony-O

Link Posted 16/01/2009 - 20:13
jackitec wrote:
Nice stories guys, but could we get back to what I asked or I'm going to upload another non Pentax Photo.

How many have you got Jack? T.
K7,DA*50-135, 35mmLTD Macro, 21mm Ltd, Voightlaender 58mm 1.4 NOKTON SL,Ricoh GRD,GRX, Zeiss 100mm f2 Makro Planar.Zeiss Ikon ZM,Zeiss f1.5 C Sonnar.

It ain't no sin to take off your skin,and dance around in your bones.Tom Waits.

jackitec

Link Posted 16/01/2009 - 20:16
Lots and lots and lots

Malo1961

Link Posted 16/01/2009 - 21:51
jackitec wrote:

well, I think the general opinion is: No one objects, as long as they are posted in the " my photo's " section and accompanied with the shameful confession which brand camera was used. And don't post any in the gallery or competitions. (both)

Now.......to get on topic again, which film was the discussion about, again??

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.

Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.

hefty1

Link Posted 16/01/2009 - 22:57
johnriley wrote:
The Russian lenses are made from tooling taken in war reparations from the Carl Zeiss factories.

For the sake of completeness this is only true if the lens in question carries the dove prism logo, signifying it was made at the KMZ factory - that's where all the Carl Zeiss manufacturing equipment ended up going as a reward for the factory's efforts in producing optical equipment for the Russian forces during the war.

I've had several Helios 44's pass through my hands and I always sell them on, just keeping the best (the quality is variable to say the least). I have to say the best ones always seem to carry the "shish kebab" logo of the Valdai factory (one of the smallest factories) - maybe that's just coincidence or maybe they had harder taskmasters...

Anyway, what were we talking about again..?
Joining the Q

Hardgravity

Link Posted 16/01/2009 - 23:35
Quote:
Hardgravity, I dont think you could point the Helios at the sun (that's ironic) and get the same results that a SMC Takumar would achieve.

Gauntlet thrown to the ground

If I tried looking at the sun through ANY lens I wouldn't be able to see the gauntlet!

Checking my 44s they have a kebab on them, just lucky I suppose1
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

womble

Link Posted 17/01/2009 - 00:10
For his undergraduate dissertation Lawrence of Arabia carried a half plate camera around Palestine and Syria photographing Crusader castles. Stunning photographs. The examiners were so impressed that they returned the dissertation after it had been examined. It was eventually published in about 1986.

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Tony-O

Link Posted 17/01/2009 - 08:40
womble wrote:
For his undergraduate dissertation Lawrence of Arabia carried a half plate camera around Palestine and Syria photographing Crusader castles. Stunning photographs. The examiners were so impressed that they returned the dissertation after it had been examined. It was eventually published in about 1986.

Best wishes, Kris.

Interesting bit of information Kris,generated out of a lot of nonsense.Going to look it up,thanks. T
K7,DA*50-135, 35mmLTD Macro, 21mm Ltd, Voightlaender 58mm 1.4 NOKTON SL,Ricoh GRD,GRX, Zeiss 100mm f2 Makro Planar.Zeiss Ikon ZM,Zeiss f1.5 C Sonnar.

gartmore

Link Posted 17/01/2009 - 09:00
Tony-O wrote:
gartmore wrote:
Now I just happen to have the director's cut beside me - I will have a look.

However, now that we are as unashamedly off topic as anyone can be, I bought a copy of 'Tommy', Ken Russell's film in the basket beside the checkout in Morrisons for £2.99 on Saturday. It makes a welcome change from seeing ones of mine (which I buy to save any embarrassment with the neighbours and the royalty is usually more than the cost of the DVD) - but I digress.

In 'Tommy' all the cameras in shot are Pentax. Product placement? Well the film distributor, Rank, also distributed Asahi Pentax in the UK.

Ok nice,So what about ''Blow up''?

Nikkormat
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Tony-O

Link Posted 17/01/2009 - 09:30
gartmore wrote:
Tony-O wrote:
Quote:
Now I just happen to have the director's cut beside me - I will have a look.

However, now that we are as unashamedly off topic as anyone can be, I bought a copy of 'Tommy', Ken Russell's film in the basket beside the checkout in Morrisons for £2.99 on Saturday. It makes a welcome change from seeing ones of mine (which I buy to save any embarrassment with the neighbours and the royalty is usually more than the cost of the DVD) - but I digress.

In 'Tommy' all the cameras in shot are Pentax. Product placement? Well the film distributor, Rank, also distributed Asahi Pentax in the UK.

Ok nice,So what about ''Blow up''?

Nikkormat

Thanks Gartmore,I have the movie somewhere packed up in the basement,i couldn't find the energy to look.I wonder though would David Hemmings have had an easier job,if he had K20! T

Reuben0

Link Posted 17/01/2009 - 09:51
Hardgravity wrote:

Checking my 44s they have a kebab on them

It never occurred to me that it looked like a kebab, but it does

This page shows a lot of the Russian Optical factory logos.

R

McBrian

Link Posted 18/01/2009 - 20:57
Malo1961 wrote:
[
You know the answer to that is NO So don't stay away, because of this discussion. BTW, I haven't seen any competition or gallery entries from you using Nikon gear.

Thanks for that (and everybody else who replied likewise). Not really been away just haven't done much posting. There are a few Nikon shots up now, but I won't enter any of them in the competions, I think they should remain for Pentax images only (wouldn't want to put you all at a disadvantage )

Gwyn wrote:
You still have a soft spot for Pentax (yes, admit it, I know you do )

Maybe be back in the not to distant future, if things go as I hope I'll be aquiring a K20D plus one lens for studio work only i also need to find my son and get my *istD back
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Last Edited by McBrian on 18/01/2009 - 20:58
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.