Non Pentax Cameras

Gwyn

Link Posted 15/01/2009 - 21:39
Sorry Jack but I still think the gallery, and the competitions, should be for Pentax only, you could post photos from other makes on the forum under Your Photos. Otherwise we might as well just open the whole thing up and forget it is a Pentax User site.

jackitec

Link Posted 15/01/2009 - 22:03
Gwyn I totally agree with you that's why I asked the question, but I didn't want to upset anyone.

Jack

GrahamNR17

Link Posted 15/01/2009 - 22:11
Gwyn wrote:
Sorry Jack but I still think the gallery, and the competitions, should be for Pentax only, you could post photos from other makes on the forum under Your Photos. Otherwise we might as well just open the whole thing up and forget it is a Pentax User site.

Yep, I think Pentax needs to feature somewhere in the photo, either camera or lens. It is a Pentax User forum at the end of the day. That said, if a member also has a pocket camera (for example) of another make, it's not unreasonable that if they captured a really great shot that they wanted to share that they can post it up.

Just my tuppence worth

Oggy

Link Posted 15/01/2009 - 22:24
I'd agree with Gwen too re the gallery and competitions, but in other threads, I would consider non Pentax photos acceptable - for example, the thread on film longevity.

fatspider

Link Posted 15/01/2009 - 23:58
Hardgravity wrote:
Personally I think the competitions should be Pentax only, 3rd party lenses OK, but Pentax bodies.

I'm coming round to the view that the gallery should be for Pentax only and any other pics posted in a different section, otherwise we could have the gallery hi-jacked with inferior images from...

So what about posting pics taken with Pentax lenses on Canon bodies

PLEASE....no hate mail
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Hardgravity

Link Posted 16/01/2009 - 08:25
Quote:

Why put good glass on a poor body?

Oh I forgot 'they' don't do quality lenses do they?
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Roscoe

Link Posted 16/01/2009 - 08:55
Hardgravity wrote:
Quote:

Why put good glass on a poor body?

Oh I forgot 'they' don't do quality lenses do they?

Sounds about right to me, but then I was always a Pentax fan, Program A, Super A, P30, MZ7(still mint ,shutter does not fire, hence its a writeoff), and a K20D.

shim

Link Posted 16/01/2009 - 10:25
Would a FLOOD of entries from irked Canon/Nikon
owners from http://www.infoborder.com be OK

Just a sufficient number to make it hard for people to
actually find the Pentax pics.

shim

Roscoe

Link Posted 16/01/2009 - 11:21
shim wrote:
Would a FLOOD of entries from irked Canon/Nikon
owners from http://www.infoborder.com be OK

Just a sufficient number to make it hard for people to
actually find the Pentax pics.

shim

Nah we'll flood Nik and Can sites instead, let's go on the offensive, pre-emtive strikes!

McBrian

Link Posted 16/01/2009 - 13:07
Well, I've been a member of this forum for a long time, I recently changed from P to N (not for any quality/better system issues I may add). I've made a lot of friends on here so now that I'm a N user should I just go away
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.

Malo1961

Link Posted 16/01/2009 - 13:32
McBrian wrote:
Well, I've been a member of this forum for a long time, I recently changed from P to N (not for any quality/better system issues I may add). I've made a lot of friends on here so now that I'm a N user should I just go away

You know the answer to that is NO So don't stay away, because of this discussion. BTW, I haven't seen any competition or gallery entries from you using Nikon gear. So keep on visiting, discussing and participating. But...........never, and I mean Never change over to C gear. That would mean excommunication.

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.

Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.

gartmore

Link Posted 16/01/2009 - 13:53
OK I confess... I have a Nikon in the closet but I've never touched it honest, Milord. Well its a 35mm Compact that I got free in Photo Optix with six rolls of film.

There seems to be a growing concensus that there shouldn't be any posts in the competition and gallery sections from non-Pentax gear and I would certainly concur with that.

Brian, your comments and contributions here have always been valued - stick around!

Prieni, I was favouring the opposite view until I started to write a long reply and talked myself out of my own argument.

Ken
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Prieni

Link Posted 16/01/2009 - 13:57
Ken,
that's a shame, would have liked to see some arguments. I'm not dogmatic on this...

Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page

Gwyn

Link Posted 16/01/2009 - 14:06
Brian, of course you don't have to go away just because you now use Nikon cameras. You still have a soft spot for Pentax (yes, admit it, I know you do ) and a lot of knowledge to share with the rest of us.
My point was that the gallery and the competitions should be for photos taken with Pentax gear. Photos posted in the your photos section are a different matter (provided you say they're not Pentax of course).
If the gallery starts filling up with photos by other makes what is the point on it?

gartmore

Link Posted 16/01/2009 - 14:17
Prieni wrote:
Ken,
that's a shame, would have liked to see some arguments. I'm not dogmatic on this...

Prieni

In a large nutshell:

I was thinking that if a Pentax SMC Takumar was used on a Zenit body and the same photograph was taken with that lens on a Spotmatic body the image would be pretty much the same. If the Zenit lens was used on the Zenit and Pentax bodies then the results would be different from the former test and the difference comes down only to the optics, the Pentax lens producing a superior result, but that is film.

I realised that the processing engine in digital cameras makes an enormous difference to the IQ and now the body is a great deal more than a light-tight box with a shutter!

Ken
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.