New APS-C camera soon - images.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 17/04/2020 - 01:07
I hope they don't call it the KA. Reminds me of those cut-down shopping trolleys that Ford produced a while ago with the clever sound bite, "Get into the Ka!" As for a sensor underneath the viewfinder, that would be a Godsend. No matter how often I try to disable the Status Screen on my K1, it always reappears when I trigger the system from sleep mode with a half press and it blasts my eye with bright light. I hate it and I just can't make it desist.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Mike-P

Link Posted 17/04/2020 - 04:34
dcweather wrote:
Don't recall any really new APS-C DSLR's being released for some time from anybody. I may be wrong but any new ideas seem to be put into mirrorless. The one to beat really is the Nikon D500 which has been out about three years or so now so it shouldn't really be difficult.

Canon D90 is about it I think.

D500 may be 3 years old but it's one hell of a camera, Nikon haven;t been able to get anywhere near it with mirrorless, the Z50 isn't half as good especially where AF is concerned.

Seems strange to me we have not heard anything about this new body for months though, beginning to wonder if we ever will tbh.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 17/04/2020 - 09:22
I think the Z50 is pitched closer to the D7500, which is newer than the D500. Same sensor but not quite the same AF system IIRC.

When I bought my D3 10 years ago I decided to run 2 systems APS-C Pentax (far too much financial and emotional investment) and FF Nikon. I have had my D500 for 3 years and no longer have APS-C Pentax kit, now having reinvested (if you can call it investment) in D-FA(*) glass. Although if the new K is a worthy replacement for the K-3 I will probably buy...

Canon have launched the 2000D and 4000D which are basically recycled versions of earlier cheap Canon EOS 24MP cameras, one is very plastic.
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

womble

Link Posted 17/04/2020 - 10:28
Mike-P wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="dcweather"]Seems strange to me we have not heard anything about this new body for months though, beginning to wonder if we ever will tbh.

Seeing as I have won one, I hope it still appears! It would be nice to know what it is called though. I guess that camera R&D depts are suffering from lock-down set-backs like everything else.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Mike-P

Link Posted 17/04/2020 - 10:58
womble wrote:
Seeing as I have won one, I hope it still appears!

Tell me more Kris
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

Gwyn

Link Posted 17/04/2020 - 13:23
davidwozhere wrote:
I hope they don't call it the KA. Reminds me of those cut-down shopping trolleys that Ford produced a while ago with the clever sound bite, "Get into the Ka!"

I had a Ka for a while. It was great fun to drive and more spacious than you'd expect, at least until you had to put a couple of hulking great dogs in it.

As for the camera, I don't care what they call it or even much what it looks like as long as it is a real upgrade and they get on with it!

johnriley

Link Posted 17/04/2020 - 15:03
Coronavirus has closed some of the Ricoh factories, along with all the other manufacturers, so even as they get back to work the flow of products has slowed right down.

I think it was Canon who were explaining that a lot of parts were sourced from China, so it will take time.
Best regards, John

RobL

Link Posted 17/04/2020 - 17:24
johnriley wrote:
Coronavirus has closed some of the Ricoh factories, along with all the other manufacturers, so even as they get back to work the flow of products has slowed right down.

I think it was Canon who were explaining that a lot of parts were sourced from China, so it will take time.

I saw a report yesterday that the Japanese are aiming to move production in many fields back from China to Japan. It won’t happen overnight but an interesting development.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.