need help again please

Karl
Posted 14/07/2011 - 00:02 Link
three
https://pentaxphotogallery.com" target="_blank">https://pentaxphotogallery.com/images/black_link_small.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
i-Berg
Posted 14/07/2011 - 05:10 Link
3 for me as well...
jeff0000
Posted 14/07/2011 - 08:04 Link
3 for me as well
playing firm but fair all the way
karma mechanic
Posted 14/07/2011 - 08:32 Link
1. Nice but the straggly tree at the top might be considered distracting.
2. The out of focus foreground distracts slightly for me, no particular subject.
3. Lots of mood to the light and the colours - more 'feel' of the place. The tree itself is the subject.
My own website is www.richardgaddphotography.com

Also on 500px
Northgrain
Posted 14/07/2011 - 08:34 Link
I'm in the three camp
techno-terminator
Posted 14/07/2011 - 08:57 Link
I'm in the #3 camp too - it's just that bit 'lighter' than #2

Having said that #2 has some great things - it asks you to look closely at it and then you find the Squirrel .

You've got a problem here

You're going to have to pay your money and takes your choice

Good luck
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
giofi
Posted 14/07/2011 - 09:04 Link
Another vote for number 3!
fatspider
Posted 14/07/2011 - 09:10 Link
Well Puma, you've now asked the audience and the consensus seems to be mumbers 2 or 3, you could go 50/50 or phone a friend but I'll save you the bother, I think number 3 would be the best choice.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Gwyn
Posted 14/07/2011 - 09:12 Link
#3 for me too. The general composition is better with the colours of the tree in the foreground, the path leading the eye, and the mistiness in the background all coming together to make a pleasing photograph.


I had a similar dilemma this week - choosing 5 photos for a competition when I had 11 possibles. I bowed to my husbands choice in the end. I never enter competitions normally, as I don't like the t&c usually but the prize for this one is so good I had to have a go .
Mannesty
Posted 14/07/2011 - 09:15 Link
Number 3 for me, no question. Except . . . #2 is rather nice too.

Decide which you think you'd like to see in a calendar, and go for that one.

If the judges are 20 somethings, none of them will win. If the panel is full of 50 somethings and above, any one of them could one.

Number 3 is a better image compositionally, IMHO.

So go with number 3 . . . or 2

Where's PentaxExpert when you need him?
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Edited by Mannesty: 14/07/2011 - 09:15
jeeess1967
Posted 14/07/2011 - 09:31 Link
Hi puma, 3 first and then 2 for me. Great shots. Regards, Jeeess
K-5, K-7 and K10D, Pentax 18-135 WR,18-55 WR,Pentax 28-105,Sigma 28-300, Sigma 28-80 (Macro) and Pentax 50-200 WR.
stopher
Posted 14/07/2011 - 13:21 Link
3 for me too! More original composition and I love the intense colour of the tree against the misty backdrop.
Good luck with it!
Cliff-P
Posted 14/07/2011 - 14:10 Link
There`s no doubt about it 3 is a winner
Cliff.




My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses
Blythman
Posted 14/07/2011 - 14:39 Link
3 it is
Alan


PPG
Flickr
pdearle
Posted 14/07/2011 - 15:27 Link
No. 3 no doubt.

Philip.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo