Monthly Competition #6- "Three Courses" Entries

RPLSF

Link Posted 05/12/2011 - 21:06
Monthly Competition #6 - Three Courses

Back by "not so" popular demand, the 6th Monthly Competition. This Competition must contain Three Photographs in one entry of the same theme. The theme these next 7 weeks is 'Three Courses'. As almost every culture has some sort of traditional celebration around the winter solestice, I feel this topic should be fairly open to all. So as family and friends get together to eat drink and be merry, share it through this comp. That being said I shall accept looser interpretations, ie. Breakfast, lunch, supper. Wine, exspresso, water. Before, during, after. Or anything else you can come up with, ect (I promise not to be overly picky). Any treatment/PP is welcomed. The three pictures may be presented as a trytech or three separate images.

Photos must be taken between December 5th and January 31 at 6:00pm (this is due to the late start and the busy time period. BST. Pentax and their samsung cousins only. I look forward to drooling over my computer as I struggle to come up with proper critiques, all the while increasing my knowledge in the vast art of photography.

ps. if you feel the topic to narrow, don't forget schools, races and golf also have "courses"
....to capture with my K-x what my eye beholds and my imagination seeks...
Last Edited by RPLSF on 05/12/2011 - 21:17

JudithAnn

Link Posted 29/12/2011 - 19:01
In My Dreams,
I Have a Feast.
of Wine with Sweets,
And The Christmas Beast.

Photos Taken Dec 18th, 25th
Pentax K10d
55-200 mm
ISO 400
f6/7
manual mode
flash used for all photos

https://www.jastandringphotos.com

Frankie

Link Posted 25/01/2012 - 12:15
Oh wad some power the giftie gee us,
To load a link and let others see us!

K5 + 18-135mm kit lens

Frogherder

Link Posted 26/01/2012 - 12:19
A frugal repast

Exif
Camera K5 with 18-55mm kit lens; Pattern Metering; ISO 800
taken 22nd January 2012

#1 Focal length 35mm; f11; 1/5 sec; Programme - Aperture Priority
#2 Focal length 35mm; f4.6; 1/60 sec; Programme - Normal
#3 Focal length @32mm; f11; 1/180 sec; ; Programme - Manual

PP-Cropping only in Photoshop

Bernard
Last Edited by Frogherder on 26/01/2012 - 12:21

RPLSF

Link Posted 01/02/2012 - 14:44
For all intents and purposes this competition is now closed. I, sadly, will not be nameing a winner, but will comment on each entry after a school assembly this morning (it is 7:40am in my time zone as I type). I lament the lack of intrest but accept the demise of this particular comp. Thanks all who participated, and feel free to comment prior to my personal notes to Frogherder, Frankie, and JudithAnn.
....to capture with my K-x what my eye beholds and my imagination seeks...

TOZZA27

Link Posted 01/02/2012 - 18:32
I can only speak for myself RPLSF - nothing to do with you or the idea of the comp,but with a fortnightly comp which I enjoy looking for the "right" shot,the weekly Gallery comp which I look for entries in my albums,I have sufficient stimulus for my photography in them.
Another competition unless immediately exciting and desirable to be part of just becomes another frustration in my busy and eclectic week/fortnight/month.If I don`t feel able to compete on an even level with some of my esteemed PU friends then I don`t get involved but watch and hopefully learn or take inspiration as I was doing here.

Best wishes

Tony
K20D,*istD ( now a dedicated M42 digital ),K100D,MZ5N,P50,ME Super,Spotmatic 1000,Spotmatic,ESII,ES,H2.18-55 II,18-55,75-300 FAJ,35-80 FA,80-200 F,28-105 FA,Sigma 24-70 AF Aspherical,Sigma 28-300 Hyperzoom , Praotor II 500 M42,Centon 500mm mirror,and a few Pentax M42 Taks,super-Taks,smc Taks,A and M lenses.Benbo trekker,7dayshop monopod and a Lowepro rucksack.

I am now on Flickr which is nice !

Frankie

Link Posted 02/02/2012 - 10:50
I agree that there is not enough interest to keep this competition going. I think the original idea of a "fine art" competition was a good one. I did give it a lot of thought and had decided that river courses would be my aim. I had difficulty in finding the locations and then taking suitably good pictures, so in the end I just put an entry in because I said I would do so. Have to agree with Tony though, there were a lot of "peas" and a sad amount of "neeps" in my entry.
K5 + 18-135mm kit lens

Frogherder

Link Posted 02/02/2012 - 14:24
From my point of view I'd also thought of river courses (I live less than 1/2m fron the R.Trent, but as I've injured my back a little travelling to the source/estuary is not on at the moment.
Rodgets Thesaurus wasn't a great deal of help in coming up with an alternative, so food it was.
Thinking that, as it's a festive time, every one would be doing the banquettes I chose the alternative.

Not wishing to appear to be Xenophobic in any way at all I felt our Canadian cousins had to have some competition iven if I'd already worked out that JA was likely to win.

regards
Bernard
Last Edited by Frogherder on 02/02/2012 - 14:25
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.