Meteor Shower
Posted 12/08/2010 - 23:37
Link
Well...just tucked my son back in bed and he's very happy having clocked 10 meteors in the last twenty minutes. Getting cloudy now though - Peroni finished, I'm off to bed. Best of luck to those with your camera's poised!
Posted 13/08/2010 - 00:29
Link
Nothing - well there is always tomorrow night.
Posted 13/08/2010 - 00:35
Link
DrO,
Lucky - Hope you got some shots - or maybe just enjoy the spectacle without the hassle of trying to pic them. I would at least have liked just to see one of them.
Lucky - Hope you got some shots - or maybe just enjoy the spectacle without the hassle of trying to pic them. I would at least have liked just to see one of them.
Posted 13/08/2010 - 00:40
Link
Tony - Peroni! Got to be one of the greatist. Apart from a good English Beer. Definitely off to bed myself.
Posted 13/08/2010 - 08:13
Link
ISO - a decent ale (Shepherd Neame in your part of the world?) trumps lager any time, but the local shop hasn't installed pumps yet (tut!) I assume you will be giving it another go tonight - weather permitting
Tony
Tony
Posted 13/08/2010 - 10:09
Link
TonyM wrote:
ISO - a decent ale (Shepherd Neame in your part of the world?) trumps lager any time, but the local shop hasn't installed pumps yet (tut!) I assume you will be giving it another go tonight - weather permitting
Tony
Morning All. Shepherd Neame is very good, along with Harveys and Greene King, all available round here. Unfortunately my Local has lost it's way a bit on quality. If you mean giving it another go tonight Beer wise YES But looking at the forecast I doubt we will see any sparklers.ISO - a decent ale (Shepherd Neame in your part of the world?) trumps lager any time, but the local shop hasn't installed pumps yet (tut!) I assume you will be giving it another go tonight - weather permitting
Tony
Did anyone in the Pentax World get any shots - anywhere
Posted 13/08/2010 - 10:41
Link
Quite clear here last night, while standing outside for 10 minutes last night smoking a cig I saw at least 10. I doubt I would have been able to take a decent pic of them though, it must be very frustrating.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 13/08/2010 - 10:44
Link
Well, it was raining when I looked out last night. I believe the peak is Sunday night, so I might get along to a dark area over the weekend and see what I can see.
Only seen a good display once, about 6 years ago on a really dark campsite, right by the see, so I had an uninterrupted horizon.
Only seen a good display once, about 6 years ago on a really dark campsite, right by the see, so I had an uninterrupted horizon.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 13/08/2010 - 11:07
Link
I had great times working in the hop farms and oast houses around Selling as a lad. And have consumed more than my fair share of Master Brew.
Saw plenty of shooting stars - but no good photos - too dewey out there. I did take a couple of long exposures but they came out pretty noisy so it's difficult to tell what's what. There are plenty of them discernible, but it's not worth posting. The peak was last night. An easier sight to photograph will be the moon and planets conjunction after sunset tonight. It's very cloudy here today so I'm not hopeful.
Saw plenty of shooting stars - but no good photos - too dewey out there. I did take a couple of long exposures but they came out pretty noisy so it's difficult to tell what's what. There are plenty of them discernible, but it's not worth posting. The peak was last night. An easier sight to photograph will be the moon and planets conjunction after sunset tonight. It's very cloudy here today so I'm not hopeful.
Posted 13/08/2010 - 11:25
Link
Well I stood in my driveway last night when I got home and I saw about a dozen over a 20 minute period.
I made a wish upon each and every one of them yet when I stepped indoors Cheryl Cole was not waiting naked in my bed.
Who should I write a letter of complaint to?
I made a wish upon each and every one of them yet when I stepped indoors Cheryl Cole was not waiting naked in my bed.
Who should I write a letter of complaint to?
Joining the Q
Posted 13/08/2010 - 11:43
Link
Colin
“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/K-7userbar-red.jpg[/IMG]
“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/K-7userbar-red.jpg[/IMG]
Posted 13/08/2010 - 12:09
Link
You mean the wish thing doesn't work? Damn, I've just bought a dozen Euromillions tickets!
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 13/08/2010 - 12:54
Link
thoughton wrote:
Quite clear here last night, while standing outside for 10 minutes last night smoking a cig I saw at least 10. I doubt I would have been able to take a decent pic of them though, it must be very frustrating.
Tim,Quite clear here last night, while standing outside for 10 minutes last night smoking a cig I saw at least 10. I doubt I would have been able to take a decent pic of them though, it must be very frustrating.
Not so much flustrating - just bloody cold! Checking the replies to this it seems 4 were lucky and 6 were not.
DrO, I bet all the machinery was Horse Powered as well
Posted 13/08/2010 - 13:31
Link
Dr O - My sister in law lives in Selling, and has done for getting on for thirty five years.
It was too cold to stay out long last night, and we only saw one meteor. Very disappointing.
I had to laugh at the comment on one website which said the warm summer evenings make it the most comfortable shower to observe. I was in my thick fleece jacket - which I wore all winter when dog walking, and I was still cold last night.
One of these years I shall take myself somewhere warm and really dark to enjoy them.
It was too cold to stay out long last night, and we only saw one meteor. Very disappointing.
I had to laugh at the comment on one website which said the warm summer evenings make it the most comfortable shower to observe. I was in my thick fleece jacket - which I wore all winter when dog walking, and I was still cold last night.
One of these years I shall take myself somewhere warm and really dark to enjoy them.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2628 posts
16 years
Brighton,
England
DrO,
Is Limousin north or south? Excuse my ignorance - If north more hope for us all in UK!