Heavy rain
Posted 12/08/2010 - 15:32
Link
Now that's just not fair 24c in winter! I don't think we've seen that this summer!!!
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 12/08/2010 - 15:56
Link
But the TV has been full of reports about heatwaves. Oh, I forgot, they only care about the South East of England.
We haven't had Summer in Scotland for five years now. just go straight from Spring to Autumn.
We haven't had Summer in Scotland for five years now. just go straight from Spring to Autumn.
Posted 12/08/2010 - 16:36
Link
greynolds999 wrote:
But the TV has been full of reports about heatwaves. Oh, I forgot, they only care about the South East of England.
We haven't had Summer in Scotland for five years now. just go straight from Spring to Autumn.
Oh, I don't know.But the TV has been full of reports about heatwaves. Oh, I forgot, they only care about the South East of England.
We haven't had Summer in Scotland for five years now. just go straight from Spring to Autumn.
Taken two weeks ago near North Berwick, whilst I was (sun) burning my knees
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/YellowcraigBeach.jpg[/IMG]
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 12/08/2010 - 17:00
Link
greynolds999 wrote:
But the TV has been full of reports about heatwaves. Oh, I forgot, they only care about the South East of England.
We haven't had Summer in Scotland for five years now. just go straight from Spring to Autumn.
You aren't encouraging me to visit .But the TV has been full of reports about heatwaves. Oh, I forgot, they only care about the South East of England.
We haven't had Summer in Scotland for five years now. just go straight from Spring to Autumn.
We had some hot days way back at the end of June/beginning of July, but it has been downhill ever since.
A miserable 19C today and that is one of the warmer days. At least it isn't raining - though the radar shows a great blob of it heading my way . No balloon festival photos tonight.
Posted 12/08/2010 - 17:01
Link
K10D wrote:
Heavy rain here in Perth, WA. Still, the weather in general is very good for winter! We've seen 24'C in the afternoons. Lots to photograph. Amazing mix of cultures here.
Will eventually get round to doing some PP. Just filling memory cards at the moment with images of anything and everything.
Regards
Get out to Scarborough and then go north along the coast - some great coastal scenery and not too many people! Heavy rain here in Perth, WA. Still, the weather in general is very good for winter! We've seen 24'C in the afternoons. Lots to photograph. Amazing mix of cultures here.
Will eventually get round to doing some PP. Just filling memory cards at the moment with images of anything and everything.
Regards
I've spent quite a bit of time staying in Scarborough and working in Gnangara.
.
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
Posted 12/08/2010 - 18:04
Link
Father Ted wrote:
Taken two weeks ago near North Berwick, whilst I was (sun) burning my knees
Was that the day of the Harewood Meet? The one day in Scotland when it's sunny and I'm in overcast Yorkshire!!!
greynolds999 wrote:
But the TV has been full of reports about heatwaves. Oh, I forgot, they only care about the South East of England.
We haven't had Summer in Scotland for five years now. just go straight from Spring to Autumn.
Oh, I don't know.But the TV has been full of reports about heatwaves. Oh, I forgot, they only care about the South East of England.
We haven't had Summer in Scotland for five years now. just go straight from Spring to Autumn.
Taken two weeks ago near North Berwick, whilst I was (sun) burning my knees
Posted 12/08/2010 - 20:51
Link
Probably
It was funny to be in Scotland, listening to the news on BBC Radio Scotland,whilst having a BBQ, hearing about flooding in Liverpool
Nobody would believe us when we got home
It was funny to be in Scotland, listening to the news on BBC Radio Scotland,whilst having a BBQ, hearing about flooding in Liverpool
Nobody would believe us when we got home
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 12/08/2010 - 21:13
Link
They have three seasons on the west coast of Scotland
,wind, rain & midge and guess where I'm off to for me holl's, can't wait.
,wind, rain & midge and guess where I'm off to for me holl's, can't wait.
Posted 12/08/2010 - 21:24
Link
I've been there when the sun shines. Had two glorious days. 5 very wet, cold ones, but two glorious ones. The rest of the UK - including most of Scotland meanwhile were enjoying a mini heatwave .
Still debating the merits of a visit in mid October. The way this summer is going I may want some sun by then.
Still debating the merits of a visit in mid October. The way this summer is going I may want some sun by then.
Posted 14/08/2010 - 09:04
Link
polchraine wrote:
Get out to Scarborough and then go north along the coast - some great coastal scenery and not too many people!
I've spent quite a bit of time staying in Scarborough and working in Gnangara.
Will make a point of doing that.Get out to Scarborough and then go north along the coast - some great coastal scenery and not too many people!
I've spent quite a bit of time staying in Scarborough and working in Gnangara.
cardiff_gareth wrote:
Gary - How are you I was thinking of you only earlier on wondering how the trip was going
Spending money too fast! Sad thing is that it's not on camera kit...Gary - How are you I was thinking of you only earlier on wondering how the trip was going
Joined eBay Australia but I think Clarky has already cleared it out?
I've never been South of the equator so this is a blast. By the way Gareth, the rumour that the blood runs to your head down under is busted, it don't.
The red wines are amazing and I am now convinced that I was drinking watered down Ribena back in the UK. (maybe that's all that's available in the North East)?
Hope to have some images up very soon.
Best regards to all.
Too far from a shore.
Posted 14/08/2010 - 09:51
Link
Gary
The reds from Margaret River to the south of Perth are some of the better ones on offer from down under. Make sure you grab one before you go.
The reds from Margaret River to the south of Perth are some of the better ones on offer from down under. Make sure you grab one before you go.
Posted 14/08/2010 - 20:56
Link
Gwyn wrote:
We had some hot days way back at the end of June/beginning of July, but it has been downhill ever since.
A miserable 19C today and that is one of the warmer days. At least it isn't raining - though the radar shows a great blob of it heading my way . No balloon festival photos tonight.
When I lived in Holland the joke was the once we'd had five sunny days summer was over....
greynolds999 wrote:
But the TV has been full of reports about heatwaves. Oh, I forgot, they only care about the South East of England.
We haven't had Summer in Scotland for five years now. just go straight from Spring to Autumn.
You aren't encouraging me to visit .But the TV has been full of reports about heatwaves. Oh, I forgot, they only care about the South East of England.
We haven't had Summer in Scotland for five years now. just go straight from Spring to Autumn.
We had some hot days way back at the end of June/beginning of July, but it has been downhill ever since.
A miserable 19C today and that is one of the warmer days. At least it isn't raining - though the radar shows a great blob of it heading my way . No balloon festival photos tonight.
Z-1p, K-1, P50
F50 1.7. SMC-FAs 24, 35, 50 1.4, 85, 135. HD-FA15-30, DFA24-70, D-FA*70-200. The SMC-FA Limited Trinity.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon, and a Canon T70.
F50 1.7. SMC-FAs 24, 35, 50 1.4, 85, 135. HD-FA15-30, DFA24-70, D-FA*70-200. The SMC-FA Limited Trinity.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon, and a Canon T70.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6417 posts
17 years
Will eventually get round to doing some PP. Just filling memory cards at the moment with images of anything and everything.
Regards