ME Super colour change!

Hardgravity

Link Posted 21/08/2010 - 08:51
I know what you mean DM, but it's a cheap camera, only cost 3 including postage a while back, so I'm nothing out if it goes wrong.

The only thing worrying me is the top and front trim are plastic so a trip to Games Workshop may be on the books.

I'll let you know what happens.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Dangermouse

Link Posted 22/08/2010 - 15:22
I've found that Halfords primers are fine on plastics too. I tend to find GW white a bit poor really, although the black is great.
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.

ScribblerJohn

Link Posted 24/08/2010 - 22:26
I've found a K1000 with a dead meter and an ME Super I built from broken cameras at the back of a cupboard, if I can fix that meter I may have to join in this game, it looks like fun

Hardgravity

Link Posted 27/08/2010 - 08:39
Just found an MG as well.

Choices choices!

Oh yes, the delay is the result of a short break in Spain.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

TOZZA27

Link Posted 27/08/2010 - 17:58
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/the_strap_store_2010/

I bought this for my K20D last year and it is perfect - lose the silly bit of string and use a chrome ring ( mine is from an ES11 )- 2.75 + postage.Strong Round Plaited Faux Leather Wrist Strap.

Regards

tony
K20D,*istD ( now a dedicated M42 digital ),K100D,MZ5N,P50,ME Super,Spotmatic 1000,Spotmatic,ESII,ES,H2.18-55 II,18-55,75-300 FAJ,35-80 FA,80-200 F,28-105 FA,Sigma 24-70 AF Aspherical,Sigma 28-300 Hyperzoom , Praotor II 500 M42,Centon 500mm mirror,and a few Pentax M42 Taks,super-Taks,smc Taks,A and M lenses.Benbo trekker,7dayshop monopod and a Lowepro rucksack.

I am now on Flickr which is nice !
Last Edited by TOZZA27 on 27/08/2010 - 17:59

Dangermouse

Link Posted 27/08/2010 - 21:44
The MG is a bit more useful in that it gives you an indication of what shutter speed it picks, I'd be more inclined to repaint that.

I have a wrist strap like that on my black ME Super, works fine. It came attached to a metal ring for a Maglite, I've threaded it through the original MES triangular link instead.
Matt

snip

Link Posted 30/04/2011 - 03:40
Dangermouse wrote:
Here it is - the ME Super Tangerine Dream edition:

Just saw this whilst cruising around your forum here..
Now that.. Is.. Dead sexy! I want one!
I peeled the skin of a hassy 503 that was not so pretty no more once and stuck on a red leather kit (I like red leater, not in a kinky way just on cameras, yeah ok maybe it is a bit kinky) from some place in the states, that looked well nice but I sold it later.

I would love to try to do one of the lotus ones in BRG and yellow leather. Unfortunately I am a klotz at painting.

I might get some more ME supers and get creative with some small brushes and model paint or something like that, I think I'll start by practicing on some of my plastic lomo gear though.

//J

hal9002

Link Posted 26/05/2011 - 14:18
Hi!

Incredible piece of painting!

How do you masked the PENTAX and ME SUPER letters?

Thanks!
K100d Super | K20d | ME Super

Dangermouse

Link Posted 26/05/2011 - 18:39
I didn't - I used a fine marker pen to ink the lettering in after painting. It doesn't look that good at the moment as it's awaiting a complete strip and rebuild due to the paint flaking off and the fact that the shutter fails to cock if left for a few weeks.
Matt

hal9002

Link Posted 26/05/2011 - 21:21
Dangermouse wrote:
I didn't - I used a fine marker pen to ink the lettering in after painting. It doesn't look that good at the moment as it's awaiting a complete strip and rebuild due to the paint flaking off and the fact that the shutter fails to cock if left for a few weeks.

Thanks! I am thinking to paint my me super with a combination of green camo with brown lizard leather...
K100d Super | K20d | ME Super

Dangermouse

Link Posted 26/05/2011 - 22:32
You need to give the parts a good rub down with fine abrasive paper and then use a coat of primer in order to get the paint to stick. The rubbing down will key the surface so the primer can get a grip on it.
Matt

alexfilipov

Link Posted 26/05/2011 - 22:47
The perfect paint job! The Maskol idea was brilliant too. Love the colours
(My K-x is trembling with fear right now..)

Epithet Man

Link Posted 26/05/2011 - 23:07
Scoop!

Latest image from the ME Super Tangerine Dream edition:

And that's with a black and white film. Just image how it would look in colour

Kim C

Link Posted 04/06/2011 - 15:11
It needs a bit more than that

If you want the paint to last or be able to be handles, you need to chemically get rid of the "chrome" and get it back to brass. Then use an etch primer and finally a really good enamel rather than car paint. Even then, it won't last that long.

The pros use a special paint system in breathing gear etc to get a lasting finish.

Kim

Dangermouse wrote:
You need to give the parts a good rub down with fine abrasive paper and then use a coat of primer in order to get the paint to stick. The rubbing down will key the surface so the primer can get a grip on it.

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.