K5, was it worth the wait?
Posted 25/09/2010 - 22:14
Link
whatwhatwhat? 11 pages in and you expect the title of the thread to have any relevance any more?
um... errr.. in answer to your question..."no...because it depends on what you were waiting for".
um... errr.. in answer to your question..."no...because it depends on what you were waiting for".
Still shooting in the dark (literally and metaphorically)...
Posted 25/09/2010 - 22:22
Link
flossie wrote:
...um... errr.. in answer to your question..."no...because it depends on what you were waiting for".
Surely the answer would be "No" unless I was waiting for 11 pages of speculation.
...um... errr.. in answer to your question..."no...because it depends on what you were waiting for".
Posted 25/09/2010 - 23:05
Link
It would be disappointing if it was only 11, I expect more from the community here.
We have yet to reach the stage where someone actually posts a K-5 shot.
Then half of those here assembled will be saying "wow great shot".
The other half will be worrying about whether they can do better.
'Twas ever thus..
We have yet to reach the stage where someone actually posts a K-5 shot.
Then half of those here assembled will be saying "wow great shot".
The other half will be worrying about whether they can do better.
'Twas ever thus..
.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.
Posted 25/09/2010 - 23:51
Link
http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/115793-k-5-645d-photos.htm...
some more K-5 shots here
51200 looks fun
Although I have to say the 645D is very impressive on green
some more K-5 shots here
51200 looks fun
Although I have to say the 645D is very impressive on green
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 25/09/2010 - 23:53
Link
Smeggypants wrote:
http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/115793-k-5-645d-photos.htm...
some more K-5 shots here
51200 looks fun
Downloading those pics now to see what can be done with NR software.
http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/115793-k-5-645d-photos.htm...
some more K-5 shots here
51200 looks fun
Posted 25/09/2010 - 23:57
Link
That just makes me want to save for the 645D !!!!!
Lurking is shirking.!
Posted 26/09/2010 - 00:13
Link
I wish they'd make some RAWs available.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 26/09/2010 - 14:09
Link
Oggy wrote:
Looking at the title of this thread, is it a question we can answer with any authority before we actually get our hands on K5s?
Having had my hands on one the answer to the question is a resounding yes.
Looking at the title of this thread, is it a question we can answer with any authority before we actually get our hands on K5s?
Posted 26/09/2010 - 14:22
Link
Gwyn wrote:
Would you like to expand on this Gwyn? What were the things you liked best? Any snags? Those of us tempted to pre-order would love to know.Oggy wrote:
Looking at the title of this thread, is it a question we can answer with any authority before we actually get our hands on K5s?
Having had my hands on one the answer to the question is a resounding yes.Looking at the title of this thread, is it a question we can answer with any authority before we actually get our hands on K5s?
Archie
Archie
Posted 26/09/2010 - 14:30
Link
I have another thread about my visit to Photokina, in which I say a bit more about the K-5.
The camera suits me. It fits well in my hands, and is comfortable. Maybe if I already had a K-7 I wouldn't bother with the K-5. In fact I know I wouldn't, I don't think the changes would be worth the expense, but going from the K-20 to the K-5 makes sense for me.
The K20D was always too big, and I was never happy with it. The K-5 is just my camera. It feels right. I have debated whether to save money and get the K-7 instead, but since it may well be my last (new) camera I have decided to go for the newest model, in the hope it will last.
Not very detached, or technical I know but that's how it is for me.
The camera suits me. It fits well in my hands, and is comfortable. Maybe if I already had a K-7 I wouldn't bother with the K-5. In fact I know I wouldn't, I don't think the changes would be worth the expense, but going from the K-20 to the K-5 makes sense for me.
The K20D was always too big, and I was never happy with it. The K-5 is just my camera. It feels right. I have debated whether to save money and get the K-7 instead, but since it may well be my last (new) camera I have decided to go for the newest model, in the hope it will last.
Not very detached, or technical I know but that's how it is for me.
Posted 26/09/2010 - 14:54
Link
Thanks, Gwyn,
I have a K-7 and agree with you about the size and handling - much better than the K-20 I used to have. Upgrading from the K-7 is more problematic as the benefits in better high ISO, higher fps and hopefully faster, better AF plus other minor improvements would come at a high cost.
Archie
I have a K-7 and agree with you about the size and handling - much better than the K-20 I used to have. Upgrading from the K-7 is more problematic as the benefits in better high ISO, higher fps and hopefully faster, better AF plus other minor improvements would come at a high cost.
Archie
Archie
Posted 26/09/2010 - 15:40
Link
Pentaxophile wrote:
if that includes some enhancements to the body rather than just a new sensor.
They have also improve the body and the interface of some buttons.
if that includes some enhancements to the body rather than just a new sensor.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



2406 posts
17 years
Worthing