Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

K3ii replacement

Posted 04/02/2019 - 20:15 Link
Ricoh have already stated the KP is the K3ii replacement and an excellent camera it is.

The KP replacement may be a KP 2 ot a K3iv.

Regards
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 05/02/2019 - 07:53 Link
Though I have no intention of replacing my K-3, I do think that a replacement should be released. The KP obviously isn't it (only 1/6000s max shutter speed, no top screen, smaller battery) unless they have made the very poor decision of making their FF model the only one with these high-end characteristics. I'm sure the KP is a fine camera and IQ is said to be even better than that of the K-3, but it's not an APS-C flagship.

I suspect I'll be using my K-3 for considerably longer than I used my K200D as there's very little missing that I would want to change. I prefer to spend what cash I have on lenses and upgrading my Fujifilm mirrorless camera (which is far from being a flagship model).
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Gwyn
Posted 22/02/2019 - 13:30 Link
ilovesaabs wrote:
Sources tell me we'll know more at the end of the month, I think 22nd was mentioned.

I won't name names but they indicated what would transpire would give us an indication of the future direction of Pentax........said 'they had lost their way'...

Two Ricohs.
They have certainly lost their way.
ilovesaabs
Posted 22/02/2019 - 14:52 Link
Gwyn wrote:
ilovesaabs wrote:
Sources tell me we'll know more at the end of the month, I think 22nd was mentioned.

I won't name names but they indicated what would transpire would give us an indication of the future direction of Pentax........said 'they had lost their way'...

Two Ricohs.
They have certainly lost their way.

Next shows are CP+ and The Photography Show - we can truly give up if nothing materialises then....No point having a new DA* lens for sale if there is no signature APS-C camera to use it on
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
johnriley
Posted 22/02/2019 - 16:02 Link
Three Ricoh cameras, don't forget the industrial version G900.

There are surely several APS-C bodies to use the 11-18mm lens on? It could sit very happily on my K-3 II.
Best regards, John
Gwyn
Posted 22/02/2019 - 16:07 Link
We can but hope that something is announced at CP+.

Since I am not in industry I didn't include that camera in my comment. I can't imagine there are too many consumers who will be rushing to buy one (or one of the others for that matter).

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.