K3ii replacement


stu62

Link Posted 07/03/2018 - 17:11
So according to the interview with Pentax in Tokyo there is a replacement for the k3ii in development
So that is great news
Oh and it's not the kp

mille19

Link Posted 07/03/2018 - 17:15
I think it's going to be sometime next year before we see the K3II replacement.
www.srmillerphotography.co.uk
My PPG Portfolio

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 07/03/2018 - 18:29
2 things will happen when it comes out....

1) people will complain Pentax are only playing catch up

2) people will start speculating on K3iv

I will hope they bring out a camera so similar to the K3 that Ricoh will offer an upgrade for K3/K3ii for £450.
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

richandfleur

Link Posted 07/03/2018 - 18:35
mille19 wrote:
I think it's going to be sometime next year before we see the K3II replacement.

We may be seeing the consequences of a relatively small company with a fairly wide range of products. GR, APS-C, FF, MF and theta etc.

stu62

Link Posted 07/03/2018 - 18:47
ilovesaabs wrote:
2 things will happen when it comes out....

1) people will complain Pentax are only playing catch up

2) people will start speculating on K3iv

I will hope they bring out a camera so similar to the K3 that Ricoh will offer an upgrade for K3/K3ii for £450.

i already here the pigs organising a fly pas at that price

mille19

Link Posted 07/03/2018 - 18:50
richandfleur wrote:

We may be seeing the consequences of a relatively small company with a fairly wide range of products. GR, APS-C, FF, MF and theta etc.

I've just worn the shutter out on my K3 and have had to invest in a K3II so I don't mind having to wait a few months for the replacement.... give me time to save a few pennies.

I hope the replacement is worth waiting for, better AF_C is all I'm hoping for really, slightly better high ISO would be nice too, I'm quite happy with everything else on the K3II.
www.srmillerphotography.co.uk
My PPG Portfolio

derek897

Link Posted 08/03/2018 - 21:05
Just curious, what was the shutter count when it died ?
I know what i like, If not always why.

mille19

Link Posted 09/03/2018 - 12:56
derek897 wrote:
Just curious, what was the shutter count when it died ?

No idea, I think it will have been over 200000 I do a lot of sports photography and can take 600 photos during 1 game.
I'd had the k3 from when it was first released so it didn't owe me anything.
www.srmillerphotography.co.uk
My PPG Portfolio

womble

Link Posted 06/09/2018 - 21:32
Js06 wrote:
Interesting news, do you think, when is the best time to buy a camera?

When you need one. You could play "waiting for the next best model" endlessly otherwise.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the cameraÖ they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

redbusa99

Link Posted 07/09/2018 - 00:59
MIRRORLESS i wonder with all that is going on at the moment , oh sorry that would have to be a K1iii
K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr
ppg
Last Edited by redbusa99 on 07/09/2018 - 01:02

stu62

Link Posted 07/09/2018 - 16:04
redbusa99 wrote:
MIRRORLESS i wonder with all that is going on at the moment , oh sorry that would have to be a K1iii

Think Ricoh missed that one wit the Kp and Iím not the only one to have said that

HarisF1

Link Posted 07/09/2018 - 18:08
stu62 wrote:
redbusa99 wrote:
MIRRORLESS i wonder with all that is going on at the moment , oh sorry that would have to be a K1iii

Think Ricoh missed that one wit the Kp and Iím not the only one to have said that

Maybe they missed it with the KP but it's such a great camera. I think it's got a rep like the K-S1 in that people think it's an awful camera but it actually isn't.

Mike-P

Link Posted 07/09/2018 - 18:39
The problem with the KP is that everyone was expecting a K-3II successor and didn't get it. Had they given the KP a top display, beefed up the AF, made the flippy screen a touch screen and given it 4K video then I think virtually every Pentax owner would have bought one (whether they wanted all those upgrades or not)

The daft thing is I don't think any of those things is beyond Ricoh.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

stu62

Link Posted 07/09/2018 - 19:26
The daft thing is I don't think any of those things is beyond Ricoh.[/quote]

i think ricoh are still in pentax mode that is come up with some good ideas but not keep inproving on what is basicly a good chassie

michaelblue

Link Posted 07/09/2018 - 21:43
mille19 wrote:
richandfleur wrote:

We may be seeing the consequences of a relatively small company with a fairly wide range of products. GR, APS-C, FF, MF and theta etc.

I've just worn the shutter out on my K3 and have had to invest in a K3II so I don't mind having to wait a few months for the replacement.... give me time to save a few pennies.

I hope the replacement is worth waiting for, better AF_C is all I'm hoping for really, slightly better high ISO would be nice too, I'm quite happy with everything else on the K3II.

Me too. It's about time they sorted it out, they are years behind the competition in this respect. Everything else they do so superbly (yes I know some complain about video, but let's face it, they're not interested in video so why keep on about it? )
Regards,
Michael
My new website:link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.