K-5 Silver... Crashed
Posted 27/05/2011 - 09:45
Link
Re K5 firmware - they appear to be identicle - all the file info on the basic down loads is the same.
I've upgraded mine to 1.03 without any problems. Think the link I used took me the the US site - local UK/European one looks like it has been remodelled in recent weeks and it didn't have the same feel as the one I visited to pull down the new firmware. No option for a K5 SE version IRRC.
Steve
edit - typo
I've upgraded mine to 1.03 without any problems. Think the link I used took me the the US site - local UK/European one looks like it has been remodelled in recent weeks and it didn't have the same feel as the one I visited to pull down the new firmware. No option for a K5 SE version IRRC.
Steve
edit - typo
In the Pack - Gripped K5 (SE),K7 & K20, Gripped MZ-S(SE)& MZ-S,DA10-17, DA12-24, DA14, DA*16-50, 50-135, 60-250 & 300mm; FA31mm/43mm/77mm Ltds; Sigma 8-16, 135-400 & 150-500
Half Backs: K10+BG,DA16-45, DA50-200
Backs: LXs,Super As and lots of A, M & K lenses
Impact Subs: 28mm Shift, K 135-600 (the Banahan of Pentax zooms ), 400-600 Reflex
Half Backs: K10+BG,DA16-45, DA50-200
Backs: LXs,Super As and lots of A, M & K lenses
Impact Subs: 28mm Shift, K 135-600 (the Banahan of Pentax zooms ), 400-600 Reflex
Posted 27/05/2011 - 13:10
Link
bretti_kivi wrote:
the big difference for me is the grip, and a large difference it is, too.
Bret
It's the only thing which would convince me to buy one. You can keep all the shiny bits, just give me the grip.
the big difference for me is the grip, and a large difference it is, too.
Bret
Posted 27/05/2011 - 18:18
Link
Gwyn wrote:
Still no reply Gwyn... maybe i should ask Germany i'm getting pretty tired of the beukelaar.
bretti_kivi wrote:
the big difference for me is the grip, and a large difference it is, too.
Bret
It's the only thing which would convince me to buy one. You can keep all the shiny bits, just give me the grip.the big difference for me is the grip, and a large difference it is, too.
Bret
Posted 28/05/2011 - 12:25
Link
SMarsden wrote:
yes i know other people with Pentax cameras
they use them.. thus they are pentax users
There are now 4 K-x users on Bradford Uni's campus... We openly look upon Canikon shooters with disdain as we swap £30 fast-fifties and antique zooms in corridors... yes i know other people with Pentax cameras
they use them.. thus they are pentax users
We allow olympus users to speak to us... They're a sorry bunch...
........................................................................
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/
Posted 28/05/2011 - 16:46
Link
ITS CRASHED AGAIN
and now behaving as it did, mirror doing what it likes and the shutter fireing willy nilly
maybe ill smash it agains a wall and buy a nikon
and now behaving as it did, mirror doing what it likes and the shutter fireing willy nilly
maybe ill smash it agains a wall and buy a nikon
My website
Flickr
Pentax Photo Gallery
"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong" Carl Sagan
Flickr
Pentax Photo Gallery
"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong" Carl Sagan
Posted 28/05/2011 - 16:51
Link
As you've got a special edition it might be best to return it to JP Solutions under warranty. Once fixed I'm sure things will be fine, although it's very frustrating when things go wrong.
Best regards, John
Posted 28/05/2011 - 17:08
Link
I bought it from srsmicrosystems in Watford... Ill go there
My website
Flickr
Pentax Photo Gallery
"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong" Carl Sagan
Flickr
Pentax Photo Gallery
"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong" Carl Sagan
Posted 28/05/2011 - 17:41
Link
Quote:
I bought it from srsmicrosystems in Watford... Ill go there
In that case you will have no problems they are excellent
I bought it from srsmicrosystems in Watford... Ill go there
regards
Roy
Pentax K3 gripped,and some lenses
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentaxroy/
my pbase gallery
Roy
Pentax K3 gripped,and some lenses
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentaxroy/
my pbase gallery
Posted 30/05/2011 - 07:49
Link
SMarsden wrote:
I bought it from srsmicrosystems in Watford... Ill go there
If you ask they'll probably exchange it for one of the nicer looking black ones (that work)...
I bought it from srsmicrosystems in Watford... Ill go there
........................................................................
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/
Posted 01/06/2011 - 04:34
Link
DaveHolmes wrote:
Harsh, but true. My K-5 still hasn't arrived. So a part working one is better than what I have.
SMarsden wrote:
I bought it from srsmicrosystems in Watford... Ill go there
If you ask they'll probably exchange it for one of the nicer looking black ones (that work)...I bought it from srsmicrosystems in Watford... Ill go there
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



6724 posts
20 years
Glasgow,
Scotland
I cant believe that anyone seriously cares about the packaging.
"Also on the Pentax Web site there is a different link for downloading the firmware for the silver and standard models" Different link, but is it different firmware?
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -