Hello everybody

jonsaull

Link Posted 08/04/2012 - 20:26
JAK wrote:
Seems that you can but as this is a Pentax related forum Sony NEX photos aren't always welcomed unless they have a Pentax connection.

John

Apologies JAK as the caption stated it was just a test. The camera used was not mine but was the inspiration to invest in a Pentax. Should I still be welcome any future posts will be via K-x.
Last Edited by jonsaull on 08/04/2012 - 20:26

George Lazarette

Link Posted 08/04/2012 - 23:22
You're still welcome!

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Last Edited by George Lazarette on 08/04/2012 - 23:23

JAK

Link Posted 09/04/2012 - 00:01
jonsaull wrote:
JAK wrote:
Seems that you can but as this is a Pentax related forum Sony NEX photos aren't always welcomed unless they have a Pentax connection.

John

Apologies JAK as the caption stated it was just a test. The camera used was not mine but was the inspiration to invest in a Pentax. Should I still be welcome any future posts will be via K-x.

No need to apologise. When I saw the picture somehow it just didn't look like a Pentax photo. Actually at first I thought it was from a cheapie Canikon compact because photos from mine look similar to that until I looked at the EXIF. Once your K-x photos start to come they'll shine though!

John
John K

jonsaull

Link Posted 09/04/2012 - 17:03
I
JAK wrote:
jonsaull wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="JAK"]Seems that you can but as this is a Pentax related forum Sony NEX photos aren't always welcomed unless they have a Pentax connection.

John

No need to apologise. When I saw the picture somehow it just didn't look like a Pentax photo. Actually at first I thought it was from a cheapie Canikon compact because photos from mine look similar to that until I looked at the EXIF. Once your K-x photos start to come they'll shine though!

Thanks all, is there any opinion regarding the use of editing software? And when is it going to be a a lovely sunny day?

JAK

Link Posted 09/04/2012 - 17:14
That's really down to personal preference. Some try to achieve the final result in camera, others swear by PP (post processing.) There's free software available up to others that cost . Truly there's no one right answer - to some extent it depends on what you want to achieve - realism (in camera fine) to abstract or heavily processed images (in camera possible using built in effects, editing software allows more choices and chance to put right a poor image such as reduce highlights or enhance shadow detail like one would in a film darkroom.)

John

Edit: Miserable wet days gives the opportunity of taking quite moody photos.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 09/04/2012 - 17:16

jonsaull

Link Posted 09/04/2012 - 17:28
Thanks John,
I am stunned over how much SLR cameras have changed in 30 years, but I have changed a fair bit in that time too.

I am really looking forward to getting to grips with the K-x, and venturing beyond "automatic setting"

jonsaull

Link Posted 09/04/2012 - 17:29
George Lazarette wrote:
You're still welcome!

G

Thank you George.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.