Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Haddon Hall

sueriley
Posted 08/05/2009 - 22:32 Link
Taken earlier this year on a club outing.

Comment Image
Best regards

Sue
paulyrichard
Posted 08/05/2009 - 23:26 Link
This is a nice shot. Its great that you caught it at a time when there were no people around.
"Ifamericatoldthetruthforjustonedayitswholeworldwouldfallapart "
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt

http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
Posted 08/05/2009 - 23:30 Link
Nice image and well captured
JudithAnn
Posted 09/05/2009 - 04:35 Link
This is very appealing....I would have a picture like this framed an in my sunroom.

Sharp...clear...well composed.
simonkit
Posted 09/05/2009 - 11:07 Link
Nice shot Sue,

great place for photography too..did you get any shots of those impressive interiors, the Main Hall with it's oak panels is very impressive imho...perhaps photography isn't permitted inside ?

simon
sueriley
Posted 09/05/2009 - 22:20 Link
Hi simonkit,
I do have pictures of the interior, you can take photos inside the hall and even use flash but if you want to use tripods you have to get permision and do it out of hours by arrangment
Best regards

Sue
Anvh
Posted 09/05/2009 - 23:04 Link
sueriley wrote:
Hi simonkit,
I do have pictures of the interior, you can take photos inside the hall and even use flash but if you want to use tripods you have to get permision and do it out of hours by arrangment

What about monopods, they are most of the times more agreeable with that.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
sueriley
Posted 09/05/2009 - 23:38 Link
Hi Stefan,
I think they are classed as a tripod but you can always check with Haddon Hall

Sue
Best regards

Sue
Anvh
Posted 10/05/2009 - 00:10 Link
Hi Sue,
Haddon Hall is quite a long swim for me but in musea here it's so far as I know mostly not a problem (monopod) so was more intented as a tip for next time.

Looks like a lovely place btw, I do intend to visit England sometime soon since I haven't been there for some years now so it will be on my list of interest.

ps. you had quite a lovely weather their when taking the shot.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Edited by Anvh: 10/05/2009 - 00:11
johnriley
Posted 10/05/2009 - 00:19 Link
This was shot on a Photo Society trip. We were allowed into the hall for two hours on a Sunday morning, before it was opened to the public. We could use tripods and flash and had the free run of the place.

After opening time we returned the tripods to the cars, took lunch, and then carried on with photography of the exterior.

It was an excellent day out and I can certainly recommend it for photographers. A couple of years ago they decided to drop their restrictions on the use of flash, which I thought very photo-friendly and encouraging.

It's basically run by very friendly people.
Best regards, John
mecrox
Posted 10/05/2009 - 07:00 Link
Very nice shot. I went there last year and hope to visit again this year. The whole area round Haddon and Bakewell is lovely. There's a fine Elizabethan gallery among quite a few things - medieval kitchens et al - to photograph indoors.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.