Was it sent to your works address?

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

doubled

Link Posted 16/05/2017 - 12:02
RobL wrote:
Also pay with credit card so the bank can deal with problems and refund fraudulent payments (the bank is the purchaser, not you).

JAK wrote:
You can't normally pay for a private sale with a credit card unless the seller is a dealer of some sort. Sales through here usually involve PayPal or a bank transfer.

I did pay by bank transfer and had to pay the fees as well (Seller is in Ireland). I suspect bank transfer is a one-way traffic?

doubled

Link Posted 16/05/2017 - 12:11
Algernon wrote:
Was it sent to your works address?--

Yes it was indeed.

johnriley wrote:

Before rushing to publish, I would first check with the local sorting office to see if there's a parcel there awaiting collection. It is not unknown for no card to be left. For the same reason check with neighbours. Also check your bins as delivery drivers can decide to pop parcels into them.

It was sent to my work address which is a commercial building in Central London and it is opened 24/7 (or at least the goods bay is always manned).

johnriley

Link Posted 16/05/2017 - 12:37
Works addresses are notorious for parcels being put on one side for people and then only mentioned days/weeks later. I would be asking everyone if they had seen my parcel or left it somewhere for me.
Best regards, John

Mike-P

Link Posted 16/05/2017 - 13:45
doubled wrote:
I guess I am responsible for not asking what postal service would be used at the time!

Makes no difference, the sender is always responsible for the item until it arrives with the purchaser no matter how it is sent. If the buyer requires extra insurance then the difference should be asked for by the seller before dispatch.

Personally I would be very surprised if Robbie has disappeared from the forum just because a 50 lens has gone missing and would imagine there must be a problem elsewhere but I also agree it must be very frustrating not knowing one way or another.
. My Flickr

RobL

Link Posted 16/05/2017 - 14:18
johnriley wrote:
Can I just remind everyone that we they should avoid making any accusations here. This is discussing real people, and if it were me and I'd just gone on a couple of weeks holiday I would be pretty miffed about having aspersions cast in public. It's also possible that someone could have been rushed into hospital, in which case it could be distressing as well.

Before rushing to publish, I would first check with the local sorting office to see if there's a parcel there awaiting collection. It is not unknown for no card to be left. For the same reason check with neighbours. Also check your bins as delivery drivers can decide to pop parcels into them.

My last comments were intended to be for general precautions, and carefully phrased to be non-accusatory. I am highlighting the shortcomings of relying on the messaging system and a phone call could sort things out much more amicably.

A while ago I was awaiting a parcel from the US and a passerby found the advice card from Royal Mail on the pavement outside!

doubled

Link Posted 17/05/2017 - 11:36
johnriley wrote:
Works addresses are notorious for parcels being put on one side for people and then only mentioned days/weeks later. I would be asking everyone if they had seen my parcel or left it somewhere for me.

This is a valid point John and I agree. However, I have checked and there is just no trace of it. I have also had over 100 parcels/posts delivered to me at the same address and I've not had any problem at all. Our mail guy literally "hunt me down" and make sure I get my posts every time. So I guess there is a possibility but unlikely.

doubled

Link Posted 17/05/2017 - 14:48
Mike-P wrote:

Personally I would be very surprised if Robbie has disappeared from the forum just because a 50 lens has gone missing and would imagine there must be a problem elsewhere but I also agree it must be very frustrating not knowing one way or another.

I am thinking the same thing - I find it unlikely that a well established/long time forum member would tarnish his reputation on the forum and potentially ruin his future sales over 50 odd quid? I wouldn't personally but then at the same time I also wouldn't NOT answer a buyer's message unless it is very exceptional circumstances (Especially when there is a problem with the sale).

RayB

Link Posted 24/05/2017 - 00:02
doubled wrote:
Mike-P wrote:

I am thinking the same thing - I find it unlikely that a well established/long time forum member would tarnish his reputation on the forum and potentially ruin his future sales over 50 odd quid? I wouldn't personally but then at the same time I also wouldn't NOT answer a buyer's message unless it is very exceptional circumstances (Especially when there is a problem with the sale).

For all you know he may be dealing with something far more important to him at this time than as you put it " 50 odd quid ". I can appreciate it may be frustrating, but until you know his side of the story, how about keeping an open mind, eh?

doubled

Link Posted 24/05/2017 - 09:58
RayB wrote:
how about keeping an open mind, eh?

That is exactly what I have been doing and am still doing! (Besides the waiting...)

JAK

Link Posted 06/07/2017 - 14:46
Did this get resolved?
John K

doubled

Link Posted 06/07/2017 - 20:46
Hi John,

I am afraid it hasn't and it's still at exactly where it was left. The previous two messages (Sent in early May) are still sitting in my "Outbox" and it looks as though he hasn't logged on again since.

I have pretty much written my 50 off (plus fees)!!

D

JAK

Link Posted 06/07/2017 - 21:41
doubled wrote:
Hi John,

I am afraid it hasn't and it's still at exactly where it was left. The previous two messages (Sent in early May) are still sitting in my "Outbox" and it looks as though he hasn't logged on again since.

I have pretty much written my 50 off (plus fees)!!

D

Sent you a PM with a suggestion.
John K

doubled

Link Posted 06/07/2017 - 23:45
Have replied via PM - Thanks again John.

i-Berg

Link Posted 09/07/2017 - 10:49
I suppose there is also a possibility that the poor fellow has passed on?

Pining for the fjords and all that...
http://www.pbase.com/iberg
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.