Five in a row
Posted 09/09/2014 - 14:26
Link
First of all, the lovely portrait..... nice eye contact and focusing is spot on.
Being really 'picky' ...I do find the background a little cluttered, I think it would have been better if the wall had been used as a backdrop which would have contrasted nicely with her face....but that's being 'really picky'
The Dandelion head: Nicely done and I do like the soft effect on the seed heads.
Being really 'picky' ...I do find the background a little cluttered, I think it would have been better if the wall had been used as a backdrop which would have contrasted nicely with her face....but that's being 'really picky'
The Dandelion head: Nicely done and I do like the soft effect on the seed heads.
Regards,
Michael
Michael
Posted 09/09/2014 - 15:44
Link
A brilliant idea, producing a beautiful image.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 09/09/2014 - 17:03
Link
bforbes wrote:
A brilliant idea, producing a beautiful image.
+1 - perfect, so no 'nit-picking' from me on this oneA brilliant idea, producing a beautiful image.
Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses
My Flikr Page link
My Flikr Page link
Posted 09/09/2014 - 20:00
Link
Thank you everyone, also thanks for the cc on the portrait image Michael and i will try and find the original of the dandelion Simon and post it discreetly
Posted 09/09/2014 - 20:18
Link
Really love the Dandelion shot . Clever use of softness, and the two almost 'starburst' seeds on the lhs really balance the whole image.
Posted 09/09/2014 - 22:54
Link
The dandelion is great Maria, beautifully executed. Also, I would like to add that the general standard of your processing is outstanding, both for its artistic and its technical quality. Your black and white conversions are so well judged and I think the skill you show in your processing is at least as important in your images as your camera work, which is also superb.
I wait with bated breath for 3, 4 and 5!
Regards
David
I wait with bated breath for 3, 4 and 5!
Regards
David
Posted 09/09/2014 - 23:09
Link
Great idea, expertly processed Maria. The dandelion image has a dreamy, surreal feel to it which I find very appealing.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Posted 10/09/2014 - 14:59
Link
Thanks for the comments on the Dandelion, i love the editing part and find it just as exciting as taking the actual picture
Posted 10/09/2014 - 16:56
Link
Posted 10/09/2014 - 17:30
Link
Cadbury's Flake comes to mind, and I like them as well
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 10/09/2014 - 18:39
Link
Delicate, but not so keen on this one. I think the arrangements of the various flowers could be a bit tidier and could perhaps flow better in a different configuration.
The principle is good though and it's an idea worth progressing further.
The principle is good though and it's an idea worth progressing further.
Best regards, John
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



633 posts
16 years
Beckenham,
Kent