Cheapest places to buy this lens?

magpie1892
Posted 10/02/2010 - 13:02 Link
Hi,

Sorry to bother you. Does anyone know if this is the cheapest place to buy this lens?

Lens


Thanks

Beth
If I can find a spiders web covered in raindrops and take a decent photo I will be very happy

Flickr
beardedwombat
Posted 10/02/2010 - 13:07 Link
Hi Beth. See here link
Cheers
Chris
beardedwombat
Posted 10/02/2010 - 13:08 Link
Sorry - note that this is the DAL version with plastic lens mount and no hood.
techno-terminator
Posted 10/02/2010 - 13:13 Link
So is the one that Beth llinked
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Hyram
Posted 10/02/2010 - 13:14 Link
magpie1892 wrote:
Hi,

Sorry to bother you. Does anyone know if this is the cheapest place to buy this lens?

Lens


Thanks

Beth
Try a Google search for that vendor before making up your mind.
Hyram

Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
womble
Posted 10/02/2010 - 13:21 Link
Hyram wrote:
... Try a Google search for that vendor before making up your mind.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
RichardDay
Posted 10/02/2010 - 13:29 - Helpful Comment Link
Camera Box is not a listed Pentax dealer on the Pentax UK website, so I suspect the items could be grey imports without a Pentax UK warranty.
Best regards
Richard Day

Profile - link - (click on About for equipment profile) - My Flickr site - link
iceblinker
Posted 10/02/2010 - 13:29 Link
Park Cameras is probably the cheapest for this item.

See this thread for a suggestion for a hood: https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/55-300-l-at--137-17792
~Pete
Edited by iceblinker: 10/02/2010 - 13:30
Blincodave
Posted 10/02/2010 - 15:17 Link
Agreed - £136.99.

Dave
magpie1892
Posted 10/02/2010 - 15:20 Link
beardedwombat wrote:
Hi Beth. See here link
Cheers
Chris
At the risk of sounding a bit stupid, can someone please clarify what 'Split from a k-x' means? I'm assuming it means taken out of a 2 lens kit? It's affordable to me at this price so many thanks to all of you for your help
If I can find a spiders web covered in raindrops and take a decent photo I will be very happy

Flickr
davex
Posted 10/02/2010 - 15:40 Link
Quote:
I'm assuming it means taken out of a 2 lens kit?
Yes it does, optically the lens will be the same as a standalone, however quite often it will not come with a hood or bag, and sometimes it will have a plstic mount. These lenses are usually appended with an L.

Davex.
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link
magpie1892
Posted 10/02/2010 - 15:45 Link
Thanks again for your help and patience with a new DSLR owner
If I can find a spiders web covered in raindrops and take a decent photo I will be very happy

Flickr
iceblinker
Posted 10/02/2010 - 15:49 Link
magpie1892 wrote:
can someone please clarify what 'Split from a k-x' means? I'm assuming it means taken out of a 2 lens kit?
Yes, or taken from a kit consisting of the K-x and two lenses. They've just got lenses left over after selling the other parts by themselves. This lens (the L version) is not normally available to buy on its own.

Anyway, I think it's great value even accounting for the cost of buying a hood separately - which I would strongly recommend for shading and protection.
~Pete
iceblinker
Posted 10/02/2010 - 15:53 Link
davex wrote:
Quote:
I'm assuming it means taken out of a 2 lens kit?
Yes it does, optically the lens will be the same as a standalone, however quite often it will not come with a hood or bag, and sometimes it will have a plastic mount. These lenses are usually appended with an L.
That is always true for all the DA L lenses. Also they don't have Quick Shift (the ability to manual focus wihout having to switch the camera to MF mode).

(I'm just posting this as info for Beth and anyone else in the same position).
~Pete
Edited by iceblinker: 10/02/2010 - 15:54

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo