Focusing screen for K20D
Posted 10/02/2010 - 16:44
Link
I'm a fan of Katz Eye screens. The subject has been discussed a lot on the forum already. You'll find lots of info on this and alternative screens by searching for "Katz Eye" and "Katzeye".
~Pete
Posted 10/02/2010 - 17:22
Link
Thanks Pete,
Found them now. I previously put in 'focusing screen' and K20 and not much came up (not convinced by the search facility). The consensus seems to be Katz Eye is the one to go for, in spite of the price; I don't like the sound of darker screens or blacking out at f5.6.
Stan
Found them now. I previously put in 'focusing screen' and K20 and not much came up (not convinced by the search facility). The consensus seems to be Katz Eye is the one to go for, in spite of the price; I don't like the sound of darker screens or blacking out at f5.6.
Stan
K5IIs, K10D & ME Super with FA24-90, DA16-85, DA55-300, misc old primes; Olympus EM10 & Panasonic LX15.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


179 posts
17 years
Taunton
I have a K20D which I mainly use on manual focus. I notice the focusing screen is interchangeable and I'd like to have a more traditional one with the split prism and blurry ring. I've seen Katz Eye do one ($160 with brightness treatment, + post & tax) and wondered if anyone had any experience with it, or know of a cheaper alternative that doesn't black out when used with a zoom lens.