Beam me up, Scotty?

Anvh

Link Posted 07/02/2010 - 17:33
Not yet but interstellar communication seems possible. link
Do some of you know some relatives far away, we are all made out of stars after all
Also if this is true we can look back into time in a way or forward depending on your perspective.
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

JudithAnn

Link Posted 15/02/2010 - 06:34
Mmmm...that was a heavy duty read. Interesting indeed.

...maybe some day we will even be able to send pictures to the other side of the world...just teasing ya Stefan

alun

Link Posted 15/02/2010 - 10:45
Is this a variation on 'the many worlds' quantum theory?

If an item can exist in different locations/worlds/universes simultaneously, then an item can appear to move to a different space by being sequentially identified in different locations.

Hmmm... yeah, right etc

Anvh

Link Posted 15/02/2010 - 18:43
JudithAnn wrote:
...maybe some day we will even be able to send pictures to the other side of the world...just teasing ya Stefan

Well you're right though would could send them directly instead of going around the world first through satellite of cables.
Most interesting of course is space exploration, if you send a message to Mars it take 3.33 minutes just to get there and that's pretty close.

Although the most interesting part is that they can also send energy that way it seems, we could have for example a space ship with the power supply here on Earth and that's of course very interesting since most of the weight of a space craft is fuel.
We just need to develop the ion thruster a bit more and have a good working fusion reactor then planets might be closer to us then we first thought. I'm at least quite sure I would see the Mars landing in my lifetime

alun wrote:
Is this a variation on 'the many worlds' quantum theory?

If an item can exist in different locations/worlds/universes simultaneously, then an item can appear to move to a different space by being sequentially identified in different locations.

Hmmm... yeah, right etc

I've no idea I'm not so in quantum physics
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.