Bad spelin'
Posted 21/03/2009 - 22:03
Link
Some people like my also have a disability. I know I make some stupid mistakes sometime, like the virginity (vignetting) of the lens but that was the spellings checker that didn't understand me
I'm classed as someone who has a heavy form of dyslexia. By the way, the moron who thought that was a great word for that disability needs to be shot. I seriously needed to study that word before I could write it right
Have more members here a disability regarding words, grammar, etc?
(all written without a spellings checker :wink
Edit: used the dutch word gramatica instead of grammar
I'm classed as someone who has a heavy form of dyslexia. By the way, the moron who thought that was a great word for that disability needs to be shot. I seriously needed to study that word before I could write it right
Have more members here a disability regarding words, grammar, etc?
(all written without a spellings checker :wink
Edit: used the dutch word gramatica instead of grammar
Posted 21/03/2009 - 22:37
Link
Never Mind Stefan. I have a Sunderland dialect and people don't understand what i say never mind what i write
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 21/03/2009 - 22:57
Link
What's the fuss about not everyone is perfect, at least they are trying. English is my second language and if I make a mistake, so be it, I’m not perfect and loving it!!
(Sometimes I need to spell check things)
(Sometimes I need to spell check things)
Pentax K10D, *istDS
Pentax 18-55mm,50-200mm,Macro 100mm
Takumar-A 28-80mm, Sigma 170-500mm, Soligor Teleconverter x2
Finally!! Sigma 10-20mm
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/maliskaoosthuizen
Pentax 18-55mm,50-200mm,Macro 100mm
Takumar-A 28-80mm, Sigma 170-500mm, Soligor Teleconverter x2
Finally!! Sigma 10-20mm
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/maliskaoosthuizen
Posted 21/03/2009 - 23:18
Link
Spelling it as snle, might be considered dyslexic. Spelling it lense, is just lack of education. It is a single syllable, four letter word for goodness sake! It should not be possible to leave twelve years of state education and not be able to spell lens, correctly.
I'm not talking about people who's first language is not English.
Yes, I am a grumpy, conservative old fart.
I'm not talking about people who's first language is not English.
Yes, I am a grumpy, conservative old fart.
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.
Mowog.
Mowog.
Posted 21/03/2009 - 23:26
Link
wasleys wrote:
Yes.
It winds me up too as do people who loose things or have an itinery for a trip. But we often develop funny little ways as we get older; some people can't spell, others use commas needlessly and put hyphens between sentences.
Yes.
It winds me up too as do people who loose things or have an itinery for a trip. But we often develop funny little ways as we get older; some people can't spell, others use commas needlessly and put hyphens between sentences.
Laziness comes into it somewhere too. Personally, if a poster can't be bothered to start each sentence with a capital letter, or worse, not bother with any punctuation, then I can't be bothered to read it.
Genuine spelling mistakes and typographical errors are common and forgiveable.
Of course, it doesn't help that we have one the most difficult languages in the world to work with. Their, there, they're ? ? ?
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Posted 21/03/2009 - 23:30
Link
mowog wrote:
It is a single syllable, four letter word for goodness sake! It should not be possible to leave twelve years of state education and not be able to spell lens, correctly.
I'm not talking about people who's first language is not English.
Umm … what about spelling whose correctly?
It is a single syllable, four letter word for goodness sake! It should not be possible to leave twelve years of state education and not be able to spell lens, correctly.
I'm not talking about people who's first language is not English.
Posted 21/03/2009 - 23:42
Link
Oh my Gawd! .. You're right, wasleys.
I'm a grumpy, conservative and illiterate old fart!
Edited for clarity.
I'm a grumpy, conservative and illiterate old fart!
Edited for clarity.
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.
Mowog.
Mowog.
Posted 21/03/2009 - 23:48
Link
Mannesty wrote:
Yes, but that isn't one.
mowog wrote:
I'm not talking about people who's first language is not English.
Don't you just hate double negatives ? I'm not talking about people who's first language is not English.
Posted 21/03/2009 - 23:51
Link
mowog wrote:
Spelling it as snle, might be considered dyslexic. Spelling it lense, is just lack of education.
No you might be wrong there, like Gwyn said "Probably because it is a soft 's' so people assume it must have an e after it (like cleanse)."Spelling it as snle, might be considered dyslexic. Spelling it lense, is just lack of education.
I really make the most stuppid mistakes sometime only because I write what I hear, that's why words with a C or X are quite difficult for me, also D and T are a problem sometimes. It's not the lack of education but the lack to see it really.
Although I don't think that the number of people with dyslexia has exploded so much in the last past years. Those teens hardly read any books anymore and are using those MSN languages all the time that they just don't know how to spell it anymore.
It's the same with my handwriting, it simply sucks only because I hardly write anything since we have a computer.
Mannesty wrote:
Of course, it doesn't help that we have one the most difficult languages in the world to work with. Their, there, they're ? ? ?
You haven't even tried our language, English is piece of cake Of course, it doesn't help that we have one the most difficult languages in the world to work with. Their, there, they're ? ? ?
It might be an idea if we only would talk in our native language for a day just to see what will happen to the forum
Posted 21/03/2009 - 23:53
Link
wasleys wrote:
Yes, it is but he said it correctly Mannesty wrote:
Yes, but that isn't one.mowog wrote:
I'm not talking about people who's first language is not English.
Don't you just hate double negatives ? I'm not talking about people who's first language is not English.
Edit: Added a capital letter and comma just for Peter.
Posted 22/03/2009 - 00:00
Link
Anvh wrote:
Yes, it is
Oh no it isn't.Yes, it is
A double negative would be something like 'I'm not talking about no people'.
Posted 22/03/2009 - 00:02
Link
wasleys wrote:
Really? Two instances of 'not' in a sentence that could be resolved without them.
Mannesty wrote:
Yes, but that isn't one.mowog wrote:
I'm not talking about people who's first language is not English.
Don't you just hate double negatives ? I'm not talking about people who's first language is not English.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



653 posts
17 years
Durham UK
I love misspelt items on eBay - less people to bid against me
John