Back in the game
Posted 19/07/2013 - 17:19
Link
Pleased to hear you have grabbed a bargain.
As for ebay sellers being stupid - I think that is a little harsh - advertising is not everyone's forte.
Yes you do see some ridiculous ads and often I shake my head - but if it were not for such ads - I would not own half the gear I do - so as far as I am concerned - they are not stupid - they are a valuable section of the community who should be encouraged.
I once picked up a purchase with the title "lots of bits and pieces including some Pentax stuff" - this was advertised in the vintage camera section and had a photo of a large brown cardboard box that you could not make out the inside of, other than it looked like "lots of bits and pieces".
Anyway I put 99p on it and a couple of days later discovered I had won - £5 with postage duly paid - I waited to have a laugh at what I had bought.
Box turned up a few days later - and was fairly heavy.
On opening it I discovered
2 x Ensign folding cameras circa 1930 (still have them probably worth £60-£80)
1 x Pentax P30T
I x box brownie
1 x Pentax ME Super
2 x Pentax MV1
1 x Pentax A 50mm 1.7
1 x Pentax M 28mm
1 x Pentax M 70-210
20+ Cokin filters -all cased
3 x Cokin holders + half a dozen rings
Several release cables
4 assorted 35m compacts
10 colour films (half still in date)
Beat that for 99p +postage
Carl
As for ebay sellers being stupid - I think that is a little harsh - advertising is not everyone's forte.
Yes you do see some ridiculous ads and often I shake my head - but if it were not for such ads - I would not own half the gear I do - so as far as I am concerned - they are not stupid - they are a valuable section of the community who should be encouraged.
I once picked up a purchase with the title "lots of bits and pieces including some Pentax stuff" - this was advertised in the vintage camera section and had a photo of a large brown cardboard box that you could not make out the inside of, other than it looked like "lots of bits and pieces".
Anyway I put 99p on it and a couple of days later discovered I had won - £5 with postage duly paid - I waited to have a laugh at what I had bought.
Box turned up a few days later - and was fairly heavy.
On opening it I discovered
2 x Ensign folding cameras circa 1930 (still have them probably worth £60-£80)
1 x Pentax P30T
I x box brownie
1 x Pentax ME Super
2 x Pentax MV1
1 x Pentax A 50mm 1.7
1 x Pentax M 28mm
1 x Pentax M 70-210
20+ Cokin filters -all cased
3 x Cokin holders + half a dozen rings
Several release cables
4 assorted 35m compacts
10 colour films (half still in date)
Beat that for 99p +postage
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 19/07/2013 - 18:06
Link
I think you have well and truly trumped me there Carl. You are quite right in what you say, if it wasn't for these sellers I would not have owned a lot of gear.
Posted 19/07/2013 - 21:20
Link
And the K100D Super is a cracking little camera - miss mine since I sold it - did'nt sell it on ebay by the way . Well done.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


54 posts
15 years
Southampton