Oh Dopey Me.....

johnriley

Link Posted 17/07/2013 - 16:01
Moral for the day: Don't try to test the white balance settings on a camera with HDR still switched on.

I shall now go and shoot that sequence again.....
Best regards, John

Jumbo48

Link Posted 17/07/2013 - 16:38
We all make mistakes John, were not infallible, as the saying goes the person who has never made a mistake has never made anything.
Regards John/Jumbo

steven9761

Link Posted 17/07/2013 - 18:14
Could've been worse, John... Imagine re-shooting the sequence, then discovering that you'd forgotten to install an sd card!!.. Cue the Laurel & Hardy music for that one!!

techno-terminator

Link Posted 17/07/2013 - 18:40
Now that's a death wish if ever I heard one
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

DaveHolmes

Link Posted 17/07/2013 - 18:52
I'm forever missing shots because either I've forgotten that I switched the K5 off (I seem to have an autopilot on this...) or left the lens cap on... I never learn!!

I think this is why photo-journalists don't use lens-caps and have several spare batteries...
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/

McGregNi

Link Posted 17/07/2013 - 19:03
Yep, its the SD card that gets me - a few times too many I'm afraid

Keep promising to buy an extra spare & stash it in the bag somewhere. Really feel a big d... after carefully framing up, checking focus etc etc - then the dreaded message appears after shooting
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Last Edited by McGregNi on 17/07/2013 - 19:03

cbrog

Link Posted 17/07/2013 - 20:01
Many years ago I was required to photograph a group of the Company and Group top brass.
After a lot of preparation with seating and lighting I duly took a series of shots only to realise quite quickly that I had omitted to load the camera...
I had to plead an (unspecified) technical problem with the Mamiya and ask them all to re-assemble for me to try again.
I got my shots but 40 years on I still cringe at the memory of my embarassment.
Probably explains why the company wouldn't come across with the necessary to purchase a Hasselbad.

gartmore

Link Posted 18/07/2013 - 16:39
This really is confession time, I met up with John Riley last year and as I lifted a surprisingly light camera bag out of the car I realised that the camera was still on the kitchen table 250 miles away. However I did have my back up.

Many years ago I was shooting the BBC news and arrived back at base to find an incandescent Michael Burke screaming at me for being late, I had been out on another story. Angry words were exchanged and I was so upset I stuck a magazine on the camera and completely forgot to lace the film through the gate. Entire shoot unexposed. Anyway I got rid of Burke and sneaked back to reshoot.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

DrOrloff

Link Posted 18/07/2013 - 16:47
Shoot RAW plus?
You can see some of my photos here if you are so inclined
Last Edited by DrOrloff on 18/07/2013 - 16:47

geordie01

Link Posted 18/07/2013 - 17:49
Went out this morning about 6.30 grabbed K30 off the table just went with the camera and the DA300 still stuck on it since yesterday got to where i was going lined up first shot and no battery. 3 spares at home one in the charger,two AA adaptors and 16 rechargables in another bag with the K-r in
my work van in the garage. On the plus side I did have two SD cards in the pouch on the strap!

gartmore

Link Posted 20/07/2013 - 10:49
At a shoot last night some alleged video 'pros' had forgotten the head and here they are gaffer taping the camera to the legs. This was before they realised they had taped over the camera controls and and had to start again

Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Algernon

Link Posted 20/07/2013 - 11:16
That's incorrect use of Gaffa Tape.... lose 10 points!

'
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

gartmore

Link Posted 20/07/2013 - 12:07
In Scotland we pronounce the letter 'r'
Ken

greynolds999

Link Posted 20/07/2013 - 12:22
... as 'RRRR'!
My Photobucket

Algernon

Link Posted 20/07/2013 - 12:25
That sounds American to me

http://www.everbuild.co.uk/gaffa

How do you pronounce titanic? taɪˈtæn.ɪk or tit-anic

'
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.