Are Ricoh pictures allowed on the Pentax User Site?

AndyElliott

Link Posted 11/01/2012 - 13:17
Hi All,

I've done some brief searches on the forums & FAQs but I can't find any definitive answer this question:

Are pictures taken with Ricoh cameras now allowed on the Pentax User Site?

With the recent acquisition of Pentax is it the same in this regard for Ricoh as it is for Samsung (whatever that is!)?

FWIW, now that it has happened, I think Ricoh cameras fit the Pentax mould at least as well as Samsung.
thanks & all the best,
Andy
Last Edited by AndyElliott on 11/01/2012 - 13:30

prsjnb

Link Posted 11/01/2012 - 13:27
Good point, Andy

I have no strong feeling one way or t'other, but will enjoy watching the 'fireworks' from the safety of my cosy, liberally well-stocked (photographic equipment, vittles and ale) bunker

Jon

johnriley

Link Posted 11/01/2012 - 14:18
No, Pentax images only at this time. The Samsung images were only allowed in because those particular cameras were made by Pentax and identical to the Pentax models, apart from some cosmetic and menu differences. It never applied to Samsung compacts or current Samsung made cameras.

At this moment there are no Ricoh cameras that are from the Pentax stable, so still Pentax only.
Best regards, John

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 11/01/2012 - 14:20
While Ricoh has now 'subsumed' Pentax into it's company, I think that Pentax will remain a distinctive 'product line' within the company - this probably means interchangeable lens cameras (apart from the Ricoh GXR). So it probably won't be appropriate for current and future Ricoh compacts to be included on the site.

The Ricoh GXR with the K-mount module is something else; as it will soon take K-mount lenses and I would have thought that as long as the lens is Pentax, images taken with that lens would be OK for this forum if posted to show off something special about that lens. I would have though the same would apply to any body if a Pentax lens was mounted, provided that the point of posting the picture was clearly of interest to Pentax users. This would probably come into the 'at the Mod's discretion' category!

Sorry X posted with John...
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
Last Edited by Pentaxophile on 11/01/2012 - 14:21

johnriley

Link Posted 11/01/2012 - 14:29
I have a feeling there is already a forum catering for Ricoh users.
Best regards, John

Gwyn

Link Posted 11/01/2012 - 15:07
johnriley wrote:
I have a feeling there is already a forum catering for Ricoh users.

There is - the imaginatively named Ricoh Forum .
A quick Google will reveal all.

fatspider

Link Posted 11/01/2012 - 15:43
Quote:
There is - the imaginatively named Ricoh Forum

I wonder if members ask questions like "how do I repair a PKR lens that a Pentax User has converted"

Quote:
The Samsung images were only allowed in because those particular cameras were made by Pentax and identical to the Pentax models, apart from some cosmetic and menu differences. It never applied to Samsung compacts

AFAIK John Pentax and Samsung did have at least one sibling compact, at least so my daughter keeps telling me, as she bought the cheaper Samsung badged model, so if we "allowed" it with the GX10 & 20 then surely it should be allowed with the compact, assuming of course they are true sibling models?

As for Ricoh who knows what the future holds for the forum, but at present its Pentax only.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

johnriley

Link Posted 11/01/2012 - 15:55
Only the GX10 and GX20, no knowledge of any compact that was made by Pentax.
Best regards, John

AndyElliott

Link Posted 11/01/2012 - 17:13
Thanks for clarifying.
All the best
Andy
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.