Another pointless thread

johnriley

Link Posted 26/11/2020 - 23:50
Once spent a week in a B&B in Morfa Nevyn with Ken Dodd's brother Frank and his wife. Another very funny Dodd!
Best regards, John

K10D

Link Posted 27/11/2020 - 08:23
Lubbyman wrote:
And turning to another subject...

Tiers for souvenirs are all you've left me...

Anyone remember it?

Steve

Sure that was on R2 on Sunday and they said it was Capt. Tom's favourite song. I was already close to the Watford Gap heading deep south......

RobL

Link Posted 01/12/2020 - 13:55
Stupid, stupid, stupid! That's how I am feeling after my old Dyson hand vac battery died and on impulse ordered a Gtec equivalent in the Black Friday sale. A replacement Dyson compatible battery on Amazon is 31 quid, why didn't I think of that earlier? What a dope.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 01/12/2020 - 15:29
It Happens Rob, I just ordered a pair of pedals for my old bike only to find a spare set at the back of the hut!

Talking of bikes, the pedal type, we had a nice ride into Leeds along the canal this morning. Once we reached Granary Wharf it was bacon buttie and coffe time before riding back.

24ish miles in total and a lovely sunny morning.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 01/12/2020 - 18:00
RobL wrote:
Stupid, stupid, stupid! That's how I am feeling after my old Dyson hand vac battery died and on impulse ordered a Gtec equivalent in the Black Friday sale. A replacement Dyson compatible battery on Amazon is 31 quid, why didn't I think of that earlier? What a dope.

Anyone fancy a debate about the merits of OEM compared with compatible batteries ?? Back in April I paid 66 + 7 delivery for a genuine Dyson battery for a hand held vac. RobL would feel much better if he knew that a decent battery would have cost him over 70 compared with 31...

Steve

jeallen01

Link Posted 01/12/2020 - 18:41
Lubbyman wrote:
RobL wrote:

Anyone fancy a debate about the merits of OEM compared with compatible batteries ?? Back in April I paid 66 + 7 delivery for a genuine Dyson battery for a hand held vac. RobL would feel much better if he knew that a decent battery would have cost him over 70 compared with 31...

Steve

Buy the genuine Dyson battery, and then send the Gtec vac, and the non-OEM battery, back when they arrive - as you are legally entitled to do.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

Gwyn

Link Posted 01/12/2020 - 20:21
Not cycling weather here, even if I cycled. Grey damp and windy. How can it be foggy and windy I wonder?
Haven't been on a bike since dislocating my elbow in a fall. I wish I had the courage to try again, but I don't. Lost my nerve, what there was of it, and a nervous cyclist is a dangerous cyclist.

December already! For a year in which we weren't allowed to do anything or go anywhere it seems to have gone by pretty fast. Must be getting old...

Lubbyman

Link Posted 02/12/2020 - 13:45
Gwyn wrote:
Must be getting old...

You're only a day older than you were yesterday.

Just been with Mrs L. to a carpet shop to start the process of getting a new one for a bedroom. Too much choice, far too much choice...

Steve

Gwyn

Link Posted 02/12/2020 - 15:57
The house we are in now already had laminate all through. Not really my taste, and chilly underfoot in the middle of the night, but easy to look after. Nothing a few rugs could solve if only I could find the right ones!
Good luck with choosing that carpet, so difficult, all that choice, and something you have to live with for quite a while!

jeallen01

Link Posted 02/12/2020 - 16:09
I laid laminate flooring over the concrete screed flooring in our new conservatory over 20 yrs ago - but, before the top layer of screed was laid, I got the builder to lay 50mm of "Jablite" polystyrene insulation board over the lower layer - you can walk on that without shoes even in the coldest weather! .

Somewhat similarly, when I laid the new "tongue & groove" suspended wooden floor in the through-lounge, I hung plastic netting between the joists and then filled in with 50mm "Rockwool" bats in the netting to reduce the heat loss and draughts - that also worked a treat!
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 02/12/2020 - 16:10

bforbes

Link Posted 02/12/2020 - 19:41
Xmas can start now. Daughter on the mend. Tree and decorations up
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

Gwyn

Link Posted 02/12/2020 - 19:42
Our floors are completely insulated, also between storeys, as is the entire house, since it is Swedish. Still cold underfoot in the middle of the night. I don't understand why they didn't put in underfloor heating when they built it, but there you go.
The gas bills are lower than the average for a small flat, nevermind a detached house

Gwyn

Link Posted 02/12/2020 - 19:44
bforbes wrote:
Xmas can start now. Daughter on the mend. Tree and decorations up

Glad to hear that Barrie.

Bit early for decorating yet here, but I did post all the international Crimble cards today. Dutch ones will go next week after Sinterklaas. Happy with my design this year .

Lubbyman

Link Posted 02/12/2020 - 23:02
Still more than 3 weeks to go. Why is everybody getting so excited? It will be burn-out before the Big Day and boredom by 12th Night. Start slow, gradually build up, peak on the 25th and gently wind down over the next 12 days. That's the best way to do it. (Oh yes it is! Oh no it isn't! etc. etc.)

Steve

davidwozhere

Link Posted 03/12/2020 - 00:57
Bah ! Humbug !
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.