Another pointless thread

Hardgravity

Link Posted 30/11/2019 - 11:54
Theproblem with Jessops is/was a total lack of interest in cameras by the staff.

All they seem/ed interested in was foisting the latest, most expensive camera on people.

I'm thinking of getting a pocket camera for touring on the bike, the DSLR's just to big and my phone is, well, a phone! If I went into a jessops they would try selling me a totally unsuitable camera. I know what I need, but the staff just didn't listen.

Back on track, been spending the last week painting and decorating the living roon. We finally got the room re-plastered after a screw related water problem 2 or 3 years back.

It's only lunch time but I need a beer!
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.
Last Edited by Hardgravity on 30/11/2019 - 11:55

Gwyn

Link Posted 30/11/2019 - 16:30
Sounds like hard work HG. You deserve a beer!

My son bought a GoPro clone for his bike, with various anchor points for it, and he has a small Lumix he takes as well. He puts together videos of his trips.
Maybe the GR would suit you, then you can still post photos on here I assume.

I've been freezing to death in the garden sorting a load paving slabs we inherited with the house and moving them from one pile to another out of the way. We'll probably end up breaking them up and using them as a dry stone wall.

RobL

Link Posted 30/11/2019 - 16:41
I have been getting bogged down with shooting interiors blending flash and natural light exposures in Photoshop which I havenít really used before, itís a steep learning curve and I am not getting on very well! I am up against a deadline as the house will be handed over on Tuesday so I tried a straightforward HDR in camera, no flash, and you know the results arenít bad. Anyhow I needed a break so this morning I went up the Welcombe Hills near me (a grand title for a pimple on the landscape) for some misty shots and whilst the results arenít going to win any prizes it was great to get out in some sunshine and away from the computer.

Gwyn

Link Posted 30/11/2019 - 17:04
That looks dangerously like a post about photography there RobL.

Just found a Hoegaarden lurking at the back of the beer fridge. Not really Witbier weather but who cares?

Lubbyman

Link Posted 30/11/2019 - 17:07
Hardgravity wrote:
We finally got the room re-plastered after a screw related water problem 2 or 3 years back.

Don't tell my wife that things can be fixed so quickly. It must be at least 5 years since a plumbing-related hole appeared in a ceiling and it's still there...

If you want a really wild idea for touring on a bike, how about fitting a Ricoh Theta to the top of your helmet...

Steve

bforbes

Link Posted 30/11/2019 - 18:02
I thought I'd read it was a gopro type camera on shoemackers helmet that punched through and caused his brain injury
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

Gwyn

Link Posted 30/11/2019 - 18:28
Maybe. My son has his on his bike, not his helmet. He has points to attach it to so he gets a different view, so from the handlbars, but also on the frame, habdy in countries which don't allow cameras, as it isn't so obvious.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 01/12/2019 - 06:55
I have 2 bike cams, one a gopro clone the other an odd one I got of ebay.

They both give excellent results, better than the expensive twin lens recorder I fitted for security reasons. this video was shot with the odd on last year when I was (still)working..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmWr3n_2aAg

What I'm looking for is just a straight forward, up dated version of the old Optio series.

Ricoh's offerings just don't hit the spot, but a , dare I say it, Canon SX620 seems too..

...ooo! my head hurts, it's far to early for a beer..

...so coffee it is.
Cheers, HG

Last Edited by Hardgravity on 01/12/2019 - 06:57

K10D

Link Posted 01/12/2019 - 10:14
Hardgravity wrote:
I have 2 bike cams, one a gopro clone the other an odd one I got of ebay.

What I'm looking for is just a straight forward, up dated version of the old Optio series.

Ricoh's offerings just don't hit the spot, but a , dare I say it, Canon SX620 seems too..

...ooo! my head hurts, it's far to early for a beer..

...so coffee it is.

I use a GoPro on the bikes.

As far as a small camera, I use a Q. For me it's a go to camera as it shoots RAW. Previously I used a Fuji F200. A plus for me with the Q are the interchangeable lenses. The 5-15mm and 15-45mm are just too easy to carry. The logic behind having to change glass rather than button zoom, the frequency of shooting more close to wide shots over long shots and the Q glass is faster than the majority of button zoom glass. Only my own preferences of course.
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link
Last Edited by K10D on 01/12/2019 - 10:15

Gwyn

Link Posted 01/12/2019 - 13:11
The old Optios were not great in my experience.
Nowadays I just use my phone if I don't have my DSLR with me.

Liked the video, though it took me a while to realise you were off road, and it wasn't just a normal potholed mess of a road .

Lubbyman

Link Posted 01/12/2019 - 16:02
Seems like this is in grave danger of becoming an unpointless thread.

I've just seen a couple of reindeer (real, not inflatable or flashing). No man in red coat and white beard, though. Is that pointless?

Steve

bforbes

Link Posted 01/12/2019 - 16:07
It's good to be dragged back to the point
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

Gwyn

Link Posted 01/12/2019 - 16:49
What about a red nose?

Found another Hoegaarden, the last in the fridge, so I guess winter is here.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 01/12/2019 - 16:59
Beer o'clock
Cheers, HG

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 01/12/2019 - 21:28
You lot are a bad influence

Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax DFA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm HSM Macro - Sigma 50mm macro - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.