Airliner shots...'Marmite' processing...probably only very minor appeal!
Posted 26/08/2018 - 21:19
Link
Great images - posterisation on some of them???
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Posted 26/08/2018 - 22:34
Link
Is there something wrong with my monitor?
K3iii, K3ii, K-5, K-x, DA150-450mm, DA16-85WR, DA16-45, DA18-55WR, DA18-135WR, DA35 F2.4, M100mm F4 Macro, DA55-300mm, FA50mm 1.4, AF360 Flash, AF540 Flash
Posted 26/08/2018 - 22:54
Link
I really like 4 and 6 (less so).
But what I really like to see is the experimentation - it doesn't matter if you (or anyone else) doesn't like the result the fact that different things are tried will inevitably mean that there will be some great results (sometimes!!!!).
Phil
But what I really like to see is the experimentation - it doesn't matter if you (or anyone else) doesn't like the result the fact that different things are tried will inevitably mean that there will be some great results (sometimes!!!!).
Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses
My Flikr Page link
My Flikr Page link
Posted 26/08/2018 - 23:22
Link
jeallen01 wrote:
Great images - posterisation on some of them???
Pleased you like them! No posterisation as such selected although the 'Curve' selection I use seems to be a bit of everything built-in depending on which direction I take it. Still using Serif PhotoPlus x4 to manipulate the JPEGs taken at the highest quality setting straight from camera...it's almost too convenient sometimes.Great images - posterisation on some of them???
Mike-P wrote:
When I first looked at these I must admit I didn't like them, I have since been back a few times and had another look and I still don't like them.
Saying that number 4 is growing on me so by tomorrow I may have totally changed my mind.
Lol...thanks Mike. I've got another 5 or 6 I was going to include but had to leave out as my internet is slower than a snail with crutches at the moment...changing suppliers soon and upgrading to fibre so hopefully things will speed up significantly...one or two might just appeal!When I first looked at these I must admit I didn't like them, I have since been back a few times and had another look and I still don't like them.
Saying that number 4 is growing on me so by tomorrow I may have totally changed my mind.
tigershoot wrote:
Is there something wrong with my monitor?
Err, quite possibly as I only ever post 'true to life' images of the highest quality..Is there something wrong with my monitor?
swarf wrote:
I really like 4 and 6 (less so).
But what I really like to see is the experimentation - it doesn't matter if you (or anyone else) doesn't like the result the fact that different things are tried will inevitably mean that there will be some great results (sometimes!!!!).
Phil
My sentiments Phil...although I do generally make sure I like them before posting them! It's good fun...another aspect to the enjoyment i get from the hobby and as you say, sometimes you get a nice surprise from the experimentation.I really like 4 and 6 (less so).
But what I really like to see is the experimentation - it doesn't matter if you (or anyone else) doesn't like the result the fact that different things are tried will inevitably mean that there will be some great results (sometimes!!!!).
Phil
Regards,
Karlo
Posted 27/08/2018 - 09:44
Link
The last flight of the apocalypse! More people would probably like Marmite, but there's some strong effects. I like many of the angles and the atmosphere in the backgrounds. ....perhaps we could see some straight versions too?
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 27/08/2018 - 10:31
Link
McGregNi wrote:
The last flight of the apocalypse! More people would probably like Marmite, but there's some strong effects. I like many of the angles and the atmosphere in the backgrounds. ....perhaps we could see some straight versions too?
Cheers Nigel...the "atmosphere in the backgrounds" is entirely dependent on the amount and colouring of the original clouds which is why a plain blue sky gives less interesting effects...in my opinion.The last flight of the apocalypse! More people would probably like Marmite, but there's some strong effects. I like many of the angles and the atmosphere in the backgrounds. ....perhaps we could see some straight versions too?
I'll happily post some 'straight versions' ...although there might be a collective groan from every corner of the land
Karlo
Posted 27/08/2018 - 11:12
Link
How did you get so close in to the ILS and light arrays? Are you shooting through a fence?
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 27/08/2018 - 13:41
Link
McGregNi wrote:
How did you get so close in to the ILS and light arrays? Are you shooting through a fence?
There is a vibrant enthusiasts community with close ties to local police/security at the airport. They (security) do regular patrols and rely in part on the reporting of anyone acting suspiciously in the vicinity of the airport...in return we get probably the best 'spotting/photo' viewing spots of any major airport in the UK. It helps also that when the airport was extended 20 years ago that the boundaries abutted farmland and public rights of way. Spoilt for choice really, the only downside is that depending on prevailing winds a lot of legwork is necessary sometimes to get into the best positions depending on the type of shots you want to achieve.
How did you get so close in to the ILS and light arrays? Are you shooting through a fence?
Posted 27/08/2018 - 15:00
Link
A great opportunity there, it's good to hear there is such understanding and cooperation between photographers and the airport.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1542 posts
15 years
Northwich,
Cheshire
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.