PLUS

Urbanmeister

Joined: 25th July 2019

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Urbanmeister
'I rarely use flash nowadays, but I'm always thinking about angles and most importantly the backgrounds - here endeth the sermon for the day '

That's known as a masterclass, John. Verily a maven.

Comment by Urbanmeister posted on Three from this morning at 02/10/2026 - 21:22

Urbanmeister
Lubbyman wrote:
LennyBloke wrote:
I can remember him telling me that ... there were 3 things that would make my photos stand out from others -
...
3. Flash - ... a little burst of flash will often brighten up shadows and add some punch to a photo.
Was that in the days when fill flash meant a pile of magnesium powder and potassium chlorate??

Steve
Bad, Steve! Made me laugh out loud. (I am so not going to heaven.)

Comment by Urbanmeister posted on Three from this morning at 02/10/2026 - 21:21

Urbanmeister
Lubbyman wrote:
LennyBloke wrote:
Hope you enjoy them
I do indeed!

How on earth do you manage to get those perfect backgrounds? Everywhere I look in my garden there seems to be something distracting behind it, even when it's wildly OOF.

Steve
Wot he says.

Comment by Urbanmeister posted on Three from this morning at 02/10/2026 - 12:29

Urbanmeister
The colours in #2 are exquisite. The pink foreground and green back ground - works so well. As always, great capture.

Comment by Urbanmeister posted on Autumn Vine Leaves at 30/09/2026 - 16:11

Urbanmeister
As always, lovely work.

Comment by Urbanmeister posted on Last few from Yesterday. at 29/09/2026 - 20:47

Urbanmeister
Chrism8 wrote:
Excellent set, #2 is the standard out image for me with the light and the cloud formation.
100%. Seriously excellent work here.

Comment by Urbanmeister posted on Landscapes from Kerala, South India. at 28/09/2026 - 23:18

Urbanmeister
Some 'snaps'. Especially the third one. Lovey work here.

Comment by Urbanmeister posted on Today's (Calamitous) Walk. at 28/09/2026 - 23:17

Urbanmeister
Someone sent me this from Substack. I thought it a bit of a sad post... (I'll get my coat).

However, I'd prefer mono, it does appeal. (Am I a bad person?)

Comment Image


Smile and have a great rest of the weekend.

Comment by Urbanmeister posted on A sad post... at 26/09/2026 - 23:31

Urbanmeister
Using both regularly makes sense. Good comments all.

Comment by Urbanmeister posted on K1ii for sale - £1200 at 26/09/2026 - 23:02

Urbanmeister
As others have written, a nice set. #1 for me. As for apologies... ahem, why? Excellent work here.

Comment by Urbanmeister posted on Evening post Sunset Sky. at 26/09/2026 - 23:00

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo