Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

For Sale - Sigma 24mm f2.8 Super Wide II Auto Focus 1:4 Macro

timothyw
Posted 31/08/2011 - 15:04 Link
For Sale- boxed in very good condition, the rare autofocus Sigma Super Wide II. Picked it up on my trip to Gibraltar this summer- it's a lovely lens, but I've decided the money would be better put towards a big zoom.
I'm not exactly sure what the history of this lens is- if I were to guess, I'd say it's been sat on the shelf for a few years, as it's in excellent shape. The rubberised body has a couple of scuffs, but feels good and solid in the hand.
Comment Image

Couple of things to point out- the rubber on the aperture ring has started to degrade, and is a bit sticky to the touch- not really a problem unless you want to use it on an old manual body.
Second thing, the original lens cap had lost its springiness- they swapped it for the Nikon cap which you can see in the photos.
Comment Image

Aside from that, so far as I can tell it's immaculate. No marks on the glass, snappy aperture etc. Sale includes everything you see here:
Comment Image

Except the table, obviously.... One small point, the hood attaches to the filter ring, so you have to swap between attaching the hood and lens cap- it is very quick to do so however, as the hood is quick release. You can see how it mounts here.

Now that the details are out of the way, a couple of samples:
Comment Image

Comment Image

There's more shots both taken with it and of it in this flickr set.

Looking for £140 for this little beauty, will consider offers. Happy to meet in London zones 1-3 (am based near Bayswater/Notting Hill, but have travelcard, will travel...) or deliver pending negotiation. Don't have a lot of feedback on ebay but sold a few things on AVForums and have good feedback there. Annoyingly, you'll have to be a member to see it.

PS: If you can't stand the thought of carrying round a lens with a Nikon cap, I'll swap it for the Pentax one on my original DA 18-55...
timothyw
Posted 31/08/2011 - 15:34 Link
Sorry, just to clarify what I've written, I'm happy to post if desired!
Edited by timothyw: 31/08/2011 - 15:34
timothyw
Posted 31/08/2011 - 17:10 Link
Sold!
Mike-P
Posted 31/08/2011 - 17:30 Link
Great little lens at a good price.
Pentaxophile
Posted 31/08/2011 - 17:55 Link
That was snaffled up quickly! I'm glad, a minute longer and I'd have bought it.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
thoughton
Posted 08/09/2011 - 16:31 Link
Lens received as described Very pleased with it, sharp as a sharp thing, and I love the close focus ability. Thanks Tim!
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
FlickrFluidrPPGStreetPortfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
aliengrove
Posted 08/09/2011 - 21:54 Link
Enjoy Tim, I have the manual focus version and it's the best lens I have, would love an AF version.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.