Steve908

Joined: 9th April 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Steve908
It worked chaps, thanx very much

Comment by Steve908 posted on Firmware download at 07/07/2008 - 22:12

Steve908
Yes I extacted the file and copied the BIN file to the card but nothing happened. the instructions say 'copy the file to the root directory on the card' not just 'copy the file to the card', so there has to be a difference between the 2 processes. I have root directories before, just not sure how I got to them ?!?!?!?

Comment by Steve908 posted on Firmware download at 07/07/2008 - 21:42

Steve908
Peter,
I copied the file on to the card (not in a folder) turned the camera on pressing the menu button, the version came up but it did not load up the new software, after 5 seconds the camera just came on as normal.

Comment by Steve908 posted on Firmware download at 07/07/2008 - 19:00

Steve908
I have just read in the latest edition of Pentax user, that there is new firmware version out for the K20D. I have downloaded it, but the instuctions say I have to copy a file into the SD card root directory, does anyone know how to do this, I simply copied the file on to the SD card and of, nothing happened and I don't know how to find the cards root directory, any ideas anyone please??

Comment by Steve908 posted on Firmware download at 07/07/2008 - 15:53

Steve908
CAPABILITIES,
I have just got another lens (older pentax 28-80mm) manual focus. It is producing real good images they are sharp so stick with it. I refuse to use the auto settings, I pretend it doesnt have auto, the shots will get better.

Comment by Steve908 posted on Not sharp at 01/05/2008 - 14:50

Steve908
My god, what have I started !!!! I have had my K20D for a few weeks now and tried several different lenses on it.
It sems that it all depends on having the correct setting for the prevaling conditions and lens. I have shot some poor pics (as anyone would expect, even David Bailey shot poor pics from time to time I'm sure) but, get the settings right and the pics are as good as anything I have shot before and on many occasions better.
I remeber the write ups saying this camera was not for the novice and they are right it's not, unfortunately I am still a novice but it is a great tool, it just takes a bit of time to get to know it, but you can have fun getting aquainted.

Comment by Steve908 posted on Not sharp at 30/04/2008 - 23:04

Steve908
Hey,

Thanks for all the tips guys, it might be that I am simply not good enough with a DSLR yet.

I am looking to get a 55-200 lens (or similar) so I will get the chance to take some zoomed pics,

Thanks again,

Steve.

Comment by Steve908 posted on Not sharp at 10/04/2008 - 16:05

Steve908
I found a cpl of shots where the criteria were very similar, how do I attach them please?

Comment by Steve908 posted on Not sharp at 09/04/2008 - 21:52

Steve908
I will take a couple of comparison shots and post them here, it might take a cpl of days or so, they are JPEG and they were not taken at the extreem of the lens, in fact they were taken at 18mm and then I zoomed in on the PC to view them.

Thanks,

Steve

Comment by Steve908 posted on Not sharp at 09/04/2008 - 21:40

Steve908
Hi,
I have just bought a K20d and have been comparing the picture quality against my recently bought Panasonic FZ18 (bridge camera)
I have to say that the Panasonic pics appear to be sharper and more focused at high zoom. Is there someting I am doing wrong? I have set the sharpness to +3 in the set up menues but it still does not appear to be as sharp, though the overall picture quality is better from normal to about 1/3rd zoom, any ideas boys (or girls) ???

Comment by Steve908 posted on Not sharp at 09/04/2008 - 21:13

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo