smc

Joined: 19th February 2006

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

smc
Now that is good value

Comment by smc posted on Is this good value.... at 29/05/2007 - 17:57

smc
Not that I want one, but £499 for 400mm A* lens seems ok:

https://secure.ffordes.com/index.htm

Comment by smc posted on Is this good value.... at 29/05/2007 - 17:28

smc
there are various comments that the bellows/slide attachment is a better bet than the usual slide copier, since there is no cropping of a full frame image.

If you only have a few photos to scan, it might be better to have them scanned by Peak Imaging or a similar reputable firm. The cost per photo might be high, but probably less than the slide attachment and less hassle.

Comment by smc posted on Using K10D to copy slides ? at 29/05/2007 - 13:11

smc
I think the sponsorship has been well publicised - here and elsewhere. I have no problem with it - it is in the open and you can take it as you see it.

Comment by smc posted on Interesting info about Benjikan at 26/05/2007 - 19:47

smc
Phew - I can stop holding my breath now!

Let's see some photos soon.

Comment by smc posted on 21mm f3.2 - HEADS UP £200 ON EBAY BIN at 29/05/2007 - 13:08

smc
Quote:
Ok… I have taken a small considered risk and bought the 21mm f/3.2. Thanks for the 'heads up' SMC!

I feel the same way about sellers who can't string sentences together and have poor spelling etc. but this seller has got respectable/acceptable feedback, plus the fact that I want to try this lens out for myself and the fact that my finger started getting itchy when it hovered over the 'BIN' button.

I will keep this thread updated with any future joy/sorrow that results from this (slightly) impetuous purchase

Batty
Good luck - I look forward to seeing some photos.

Comment by smc posted on 21mm f3.2 - HEADS UP £200 ON EBAY BIN at 26/05/2007 - 19:43

smc
I agree - some caution and a little research needed ; )

Comment by smc posted on 21mm f3.2 - HEADS UP £200 ON EBAY BIN at 24/05/2007 - 23:28

smc
Caveat emptor, do your own research, no connection to seller, but someone on the forum might be interested :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PENTAX-SMC-21-MM-F3-2AL-LIMITED-BNIB-LOOK-DIGITAL_W0QQitem...

Comment by smc posted on 21mm f3.2 - HEADS UP £200 ON EBAY BIN at 24/05/2007 - 22:29

smc
I have the Vivitar version of this lens. Pretty good for the price (about £30 on the auction site). It works on film and digital and works pretty well - some vignetting to be expected, and fall off in the corners, but not bad at all.

Comment by smc posted on Help me choose cheap wideangle at 26/05/2007 - 19:49

smc
AHA - thank you. I'm surprised Pentax bothered with rebadging this one. They have existing good lenses?

Comment by smc posted on oops at 29/05/2007 - 17:15

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo