shaylou

Joined: 16th July 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

shaylou
Greytop wrote:
Yes... as Stefan says with WR version and your K200 you should be set fair for a bit of bad weather photography

Congratulations on your Birthday present
No--I mean not freezing my fingers off in -18 degree (or colder) wind chill weather!!! Rain, fog I can handle, but the nor'easter that was blowing up a ridiculous gale meant I was staying inside by the fire Oh well, it's back to mild temps today, too bad I am stuck at work!

Comment by shaylou posted on New lens for my birthday at 14/12/2009 - 19:31

shaylou
I like it, but wish there was just a bit more space on the right, as the tree's branches are just nipped off.

Comment by shaylou posted on Four trees in Herts. at 14/12/2009 - 18:29

shaylou
As I only have the 18-55mm lens that came with my K200D, I have been coveting the DA 50-200 WR for a bit. My wonderful hubby surprised me with it for my birthday this weekend! Wasn't expecting that at all

Now if we could just get some decent weather, I can get out and put it through its paces!

Comment by shaylou posted on New lens for my birthday at 14/12/2009 - 18:25

shaylou
moonstomp wrote:
Lens arrived yesterday from SRS - fast delivery and well parcelled. Thanks guys!

It's a nice light lens - weighs a little more than my DA 18-55, but feels fine when attached to the K10D. Due to the heavy rain yesterday, I didn't have a cheance to try it outdoors. However a few test shots (of the family)at the 50mm end provided sharp clean results. Very pleased so far and can't wait to try it outdoors.

George.
George, how has this been for you at the 200 end of the lens? Am looking at getting a used one for $100 (Cdn).

Comment by shaylou posted on Is the Da 50-200mm zoom lens any good? at 17/09/2009 - 20:04

shaylou
Thanks for all the welcome messages. Nova Scotia is a wonderful place to live and has incredible scenery. Course, all of Canada is spectacular in my opinion.

Comment by shaylou posted on Newbie from Canada at 10/08/2009 - 14:58

shaylou
Don wrote:
Hi.
where abouts in Canada?
I am in Halifax, NS. Lots of fog and rain this summer!

Comment by shaylou posted on Newbie from Canada at 23/07/2009 - 18:40

shaylou
Hi, glad to find this site. Am a new Pentax owner, just got my K200D in April, but loving it so far. It's my first digital SLR but years ago I learned all the basics on a good ol' K1000.

Comment by shaylou posted on Newbie from Canada at 16/07/2009 - 15:12

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo