QuestionableCarrot

Joined: 4th April 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

QuestionableCarrot
loadoftripe wrote:
Nice work, do you get many refusals to the street portraits?
hit rate these days is 8 out of 10

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on More Q7 in Dublin at 17/05/2025 - 22:24

QuestionableCarrot
So after being pleased with the shots from the model shoot (see previous post) I decided to do a day of street photos in Dublin - im taking it back out for another portrait session tomorrow - loving it and wish i had upgraded sooner

01 and 03

1

Comment Image



2

Comment Image


3

Comment Image


4

Comment Image


5

Comment Image


6

Comment Image


7

Comment Image


8

Comment Image


9

Comment Image


10

Comment Image

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on More Q7 in Dublin at 17/05/2025 - 09:45

QuestionableCarrot
I took delivery of a Pentax Q7 this morning from PU user Ronnie - thank you again for swift delivery.

This evening I had a planned portrait session with Shannon - so what better way than to christen the camera with a professional model session.

All shots with the 01

Probably the latest review ever! lol But the camera is a significant leap in terms of dynamic range - i noticed straight away. Battery life also seems to be better than the predecessor - anyways its a tool and one that did the job this evening.

For those interested I use the reverse film setting in raw and then process to taste.

1

Comment Image


2

Comment Image


3

Comment Image


4

Comment Image

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Model Shoot with Pentax Q7 at 13/05/2025 - 22:59

QuestionableCarrot
Using the MZ6 and Kodak Colourplus to compliment my workflow 28mm and 50mm

Could any one suggest a nice wide lens affordably priced?

This film really shines when the sun is out

1

Comment Image


2

Comment Image


3

Comment Image


4

Comment Image


5

Comment Image


6

Comment Image


7

Comment Image

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Recent Film Work at 09/05/2025 - 16:42

QuestionableCarrot
Ty
lesjacksons wrote:
Some great work here imho.
Just curious, do you know these people or is it street photography or do they come from rent-a-person?
They are generally strangers

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Ricoh GR Portrait work at 22/10/2024 - 13:43

QuestionableCarrot
thank you so much everyone

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Ricoh GR Portrait work at 21/10/2024 - 09:46

QuestionableCarrot
Thank you Ian

The white border is what i use to make sure instagram doesnt crop in and reduce the image - i just forgot to export one at 100-%

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Ricoh GR Portrait work at 20/10/2024 - 19:16

QuestionableCarrot
I have completely forgotten about the Ricoh GRii and the images I have taken with it. I didnt get off to a great start with this camera. I dropped it just a week after I bought it last July and then in December of last year I closed my car door on it when it was nestled inside my long winter coat.

The Q was my usual daily carry but I am without one at the moment. When you shoot Q the as much as i did the GR feels and weigh like a Pentax 67


anyways some work with the Grii from the last few months *some shots with the Q20 flash off camera

1

Comment Image


2

Comment Image


3

Comment Image


4

Comment Image


5

Comment Image


6

Comment Image


7

Comment Image


8

Comment Image

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on Ricoh GR Portrait work at 20/10/2024 - 18:17

QuestionableCarrot
and again

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on WANTED Q7 or QS1 at 12/09/2024 - 15:44

QuestionableCarrot
bump again

Comment by QuestionableCarrot posted on WANTED Q7 or QS1 at 20/08/2024 - 21:08

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo