philstaff

Joined: 27th April 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

philstaff
Thanks Dan for the explanation I see were your comming from now cheers.

Comment by philstaff posted on SIGMA 10/20 ON PENTAX at 29/04/2008 - 22:16

philstaff
Some stunning work there Neil thanks for the input.

Comment by philstaff posted on SIGMA 10/20 ON PENTAX at 29/04/2008 - 21:57

philstaff
Thanks Daniel I thought that might be the case re the size of the files. My main concern is the lens is sharp just loaded the pic's from my comp as is without any work on them. I will have to give the sensor a clean as you say thanks for the help.

Comment by philstaff posted on SIGMA 10/20 ON PENTAX at 29/04/2008 - 21:54

philstaff
Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image


Hi again guys well took these this morning wonderd what you think re clarity and sharpness.

Comment by philstaff posted on SIGMA 10/20 ON PENTAX at 29/04/2008 - 20:41

philstaff
Thanks guy's most kind of you all to take the time to help me. It's seems it might be a nice day today so Im going out again to try the lens I will use all the methods for focusing you have talked off and see what happens will also post the results for comment if I may ask your opinion once more.

Comment by philstaff posted on SIGMA 10/20 ON PENTAX at 29/04/2008 - 08:50

philstaff
Thanks Mike Im not sure if this lens is as sharp as it should be I need to get out with it more and shoot a few more frames.

Comment by philstaff posted on SIGMA 10/20 ON PENTAX at 28/04/2008 - 21:16

philstaff
Quote:
philstaff posted on SIGMA 10/20 ON PENTAX at 28/04/2008 - 18:06

philstaff
Quote:
I'm never quite sure what people mean by untouched.

If it's JPEG in camera it's hard sharpening.

If it's RAW in camera then something has made it a JPEG so it would be helpful to know if it's Silky with it's immediate sharpening or Photoshop which probably doesn't sharpen.

I'm not sure it matters anyway. Surely you should test to see if your usual routine produces sharp images.

What I will say is that I wasbothered by the infinity focus until I learnt how to get a relaible focus with this lens which I now find to be really quite sharp.

For the little it's worth I'd expect the above to look sharper but that's beacuse I'd use Silky by default and then probably mess with the settings a bit!

Mike
Hi Mike what I meen by untouched was nothing done to the pic in photoshop or any other programe just as is.

Comment by philstaff posted on SIGMA 10/20 ON PENTAX at 28/04/2008 - 18:04

philstaff
Hi all if anyone has this lens on there pentax could you post your best shot please just want to compare. I have just purchased the lens and would like to see how others find it as well.

Comment Image


This is untouched taken with my k100 D.

Comment by philstaff posted on SIGMA 10/20 ON PENTAX at 28/04/2008 - 15:56

philstaff
I have the k100 D I am very happy with the camera overall but find if I am not very careful when framing uprights such as corner of buildings or posts then there is a tendency for them to come out leaning to one side in the image. Also you need to be careful when shooting the sea against the sky line as this also tends to look odd if care is not taken to get the line dead plumb. I know this question has been asked before on other forums but thought I would throw it into the pot and see if anyone here had this problem.

Comment by philstaff posted on Problem with framing at 27/04/2008 - 19:30

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo