Nigelk

Joined: 3rd December 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Nigelk
Great fun. A lovely image. For me the darkness works. It helps imply the clandestine opportunistic nature of these little furry beasts.

Comment by Nigelk posted on More than one moose loose aboot this hoose at 09/02/2017 - 08:28

Nigelk
I think it is trying to be a different kind of camera to the K-3. An attempt to attract a different group of buyers and thus expand the range and customer base. However to attract new customers I think it would be wise to have a body and lens kit available to get people started with the brand (I'm sure it will be close behind).
The price to us that are used to Pentax seems high but perhaps not to all. When I look at the prices of some other brands with recent releases maybe it is not so high, it gives Pentax room for manoeuvre anyhow.
It's disappointing that at the price point the grips are cost extras in the UK.
To me it looks like a lovely camera I wish it well, BUT as I have a K5II and a K-S2 the K-S2 bought with the 18-135mm lens genuine UK stock for under £400 there is not enough to tempt me on this occasion.
I would agree that anyone not wanting the most recent release the K-3II is the much better buy.
It is nice to have the latest though!

Comment by Nigelk posted on KP...What Do You Think? at 26/01/2017 - 11:49

Nigelk
Algernon wrote:
Choice of about 4 different grips suggests to me that this is a new powerful AF System and they are concerned that the High Torque generated by such a powerful and fast 440VAC AF motor could break peoples wrists

--


Hopefully the different grips will come in the box.
Struggling to see the point of the different grips at the moment, I'm sure all will become clear.

Comment by Nigelk posted on New 'KP' more of a K5/K3 than an entry model at 24/01/2017 - 15:41

Nigelk
I've not noticed any comments of mine missing. Your comments on photographs or in the forums? Or both!?

Comment by Nigelk posted on My comments have several times disappeared from members' gallery photos. at 24/01/2017 - 15:33

Nigelk
Tough one, not much in it for me , but overall I'd go for the Right hand what looks like B&W image.

Comment by Nigelk posted on Which version of this photo do you prefer please? at 24/01/2017 - 11:29

Nigelk
Beautiful creative landscape, right up my street, glad I clicked through to have a look. I wonder if a little could be cropped off the right hand side? Worth a little play maybe, but I love it the way it is.

Comment by Nigelk posted on Mother Nature at her best at 22/01/2017 - 08:44

Nigelk
Very interesting.
Thank you for putting this together Bill.

Best regards
Nigel

Comment by Nigelk posted on Shooting Water - Shutter Speed at 17/01/2017 - 13:45

Nigelk
pgweber wrote:
Nigelk wrote:
I don't know about the camera body but I guess we'll see the 16-50* and 50-135* lenses updated this year. The camera bodies already do more than I need. Sometimes it seems like a race to see who can add the most bells and whistles. A step forward in noise management/reduction would be good.
So a reduction in the number of megapixels then?
24 > 20?
I shouldn't think they would do that on the flagship model, it would be "courageous" I was thinking continued advances in sensor technology and electronics, my guess is the pixel count will remain the same.
On a side note, a 24 mega pixie FF would be the only thing that might tempt me away from APS-C sized sensor. Fun to speculate.

Comment by Nigelk posted on What will be next? at 13/01/2017 - 11:40

Nigelk
I don't know about the camera body but I guess we'll see the 16-50* and 50-135* lenses updated this year. The camera bodies already do more than I need. Sometimes it seems like a race to see who can add the most bells and whistles. A step forward in noise management/reduction would be good.

Comment by Nigelk posted on What will be next? at 13/01/2017 - 08:17

Nigelk
Lovely set. I really like your observational style. Looking forward to seeing more over 2017.

Comment by Nigelk posted on 12 Favourites from 2016 at 12/01/2017 - 09:01

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo