malvern_man

Joined: 9th October 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

malvern_man
I've not posted any photos on here for quite a while so here's a few from the last two meetings I did.

K3II ~ 50-135DA*

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image

Comment by malvern_man posted on A Few From My Last Two Motorsport Meetings at 12/09/2018 - 20:50

malvern_man
Here are a few shots taken with my new Pentax K3 II

I took these a couple of weekends ago at my local track where I am the 'official' photographer.

First time I'd used the camera was at this meeting.

K3 II with DA* 50-135

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image

Comment by malvern_man posted on Trying Out My New K3 II - Short Oval Racing at 28/10/2017 - 14:10

malvern_man
Thanks for the info.

johnriley wrote:
I still bear in mind the alternative question, which is how many images could I lose if an SD card became corrupted? For this reason, I use a different card for each day of shooting or for each specific job. When backed up the cards are formatted (in the camera) for re-use.
Once my days photos are transferred to my laptop I also format it in the camera ready for re-use.

Regards,

Chris.

Comment by malvern_man posted on K3 II With A 32gb Card Question at 09/09/2017 - 14:19

malvern_man
Hi all,

Could someone please tell me approximately how many jpeg images I would get on a 32gb card using a K3 II and using the best image settings.

Regards,

Chris.

Comment by malvern_man posted on K3 II With A 32gb Card Question at 08/09/2017 - 22:46

malvern_man
Here are a few from Buxton Raceway ( 14th June )

K-5II ~ 50-135 DA* ( SR turned off )

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image

Comment by malvern_man posted on Buxton Raceway at 16/06/2015 - 22:59

malvern_man
** Another Update **

Today I received my repaired and cleaned K5 back from Johnsons.

I'll give it a good 'work out' over the weekend.

Regards,

Chris.

Comment by malvern_man posted on K5 Battery Depleted Problem at 28/05/2015 - 20:40

malvern_man
johnriley wrote:
I'd have it repaired for that cost because you end up with a camera with known history, rather than a second hand one that could need the same repairs very soon.
bigyinn wrote:
Well it would be cheaper to repair your K5 than buy a secondhand body of unknown history from e-bay. I take it your K5 is out of warranty?
Yes it is now well out of warranty.

I have been in touch with Johnsons and paid for having it repaired.

Regards,

Chris.

Comment by malvern_man posted on K5 Battery Depleted Problem at 21/05/2015 - 15:37

malvern_man
** Update **

I have received my repair quote from Johnsons Photopia.

Replace mechanical assy
Repair shutter mechanism
Clean viewfinder assy and ccd
Repair mirror mechanism
Check and test

Total cost = £204.00

I have no idea if this is a reasonable price but I've authorised the repair.

Regards,

Chris.

Comment by malvern_man posted on K5 Battery Depleted Problem at 20/05/2015 - 22:16

malvern_man
StephenHampshire wrote:
I still think it's the mirror motor circuit - a well documented fault on the K5. Press the shutter, solenoid activates to flip mirror up, drawing current. Solenoid sticks, mirror stays up, effectively now have an open circuit across battery with no way of shutting off, hence get battery depleted warning and a blacked out viewfinder. When I had the problem, it occurred once, pulled the battery and sanity returned. 6 weeks ater, it happened two or three times in one morning' shoot (about 500 pictures) A week later it happened again within first 5 minutes of starting shooting. Pentax repaired under warranty as the first occurrence was when the camera was 10 months od. 6 days after I sent it off I got the camera back, no problem in the last 2.5 years!
My K5 is now all boxed up ready to send for repair first thing Monday morning.

Regards,

Chris.

Comment by malvern_man posted on K5 Battery Depleted Problem at 09/05/2015 - 17:05

malvern_man
Windows 7 and IE 11 here, says website is online but not responding.

Just taken me ages just to log in.

Comment by malvern_man posted on Site very slow, just me? at 09/05/2015 - 17:03

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo